Floats18

Show Us Your Canopy Deploying!!!!

Tracking, what tracking... this was two low timers man and wife, who were doing one of the first few jump together, the girl is a light weight and the hubby is a heavy, at about 6 the hubby went low, his wife was trying to close on him and I was moving in as well to keep filming them, at about 5 (4.5 break off was planed) in the corner of my eye I see the hubby reach with no wave or track and he dumps while low and the wife was still closing the gap, she was lucky and had started to turn to the right, this trun is what saved her from going thru his canopy.
I had a great view of the whole thing and was thinking 0h shit, this will be ulgy, as it turned out all ended well, the point is "kiddies" make sure you dive your plan and track clear and WAVE OFF before you pull.

And Kyle, your such a goober-smoocher:P lookout Penn-state kyle is on the loose with new toys.:ph34r:
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Sabre 170 Cut Away Int.

Based on his post quoted above, nothing, he did for fun / traininng. He may have been working on a tandem rating, where you have to have a cutaway under your belt to get the rating, for example, or he may have just been bored and wanted to see what it is like to chop one.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

......And the result was???

eh, wasn't that big a deal. I was able to stop it from spiraling so I was out of the twists in a few seconds.

What's funny to me about the photo is that I took it. Mouth activated switch + excitement = photos of near-collisions in freefall, canopy malfunctions, the last 90 degrees of a 270, etc.