ACMESkydiver

What's The WORST Kind of Physical Pain?

I've had several broken bones, a couple of Cesearean Sections, multiple dental problems like 5 root canals. I've been hospitalized with a couple of UTI's that got out of hand. I've had various stitches some with aneasthetic, some without and bad cuts galore. But the WORST ever was when I poked a hole in my eyeball.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

But the WORST ever was when I poked a hole in my eyeball.

I got a sliver of steel in my eye and didn't know until about eight hours later when it started to rust. I spent the night under the covers, rolled up in a ball until I could get to the eye doctor.

My worst ever pain was from high speed impact. I hit water at about 85 mph with a not-yet-inflated canopy. I broke my T12 and L2 vertebrae, and exploded the L1. I also severely bruised the entire lower half of my body, and (worst of all) effectively got an enema at 85 mph from dirty river water. The river water enema severely lacerated my rectum and exploded my colon, spraying it's contents (and a good dose of the river water) into my abdominal cavity.

Whenever I see a doctor who asks me "on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst pain you've ever felt..." I have to explain that whole story, so that they understand where my personal scale is calibrated, so that they don't dismiss my "4" as "no big deal."

My doctor straight up told me that childbirth would be less painful. And yeah, I think that anal rape would hurt less.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Although I did pass out when I broke my big toe (walking down the stairs sober I might add), the worst pain I ever had was dental.

I had a root canal done on a Thursday afternoon. On Friday afternoon I was having some discomfort. I called the dentist to ask if there's something wrong. The receptionist (who later was repremanded for giving medical advice with only her Mrs. degree) told me just to take some Tylonal or Advil and I would be fine. I found myself at the dentist office at 1AM Sunday morning (having not slept since Thursday night because of the pain) with another pain prescription (already on two different ones at this point), another antibiotic (already one one other), and anti-inflammitory drug, plus he gave me a shot of novicane laced with steriods so it would be numb for at least 10 hours so I could get some sleep and poked a hole in my gums to relieve some of the pressure.

Multiple pain killers were so I could take them 1-2 hours apart and not become addicted. Multiple antibiotics were to make sure I was taking something that would kill whatever it was that was that was causing the excruciating pain. And the shot of novicane/steriods...well, that was just a gift from God.

That was the worst pain ever. Period. Without a doubt.

And I would say that even if I didn't slightly over dose on the pain killers (I hadn't eaten anything for a few days) and thrown up at 3am at a 24 hour Walgreens.

Ill second the big toe, and it hurts like hell everytime you kick something with it after and you just seem to kick everything huh.
Ears are bad too.
But at the moment I would have to say a headache thats been going on for six months due to a car accident. Had my cat scan this morning.
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Back pain (upper or lower) [:/]

There isn't anything worse then it. I have hurt my upper back a few times and blinking your eyes hurts, breathing hurts and nothing you do or take makes the pain go away.
Lower back pain is just as bad if not worse.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Man I'm really happy you are OK and stable. Your post really really shocked me!! I wish you all the peace and good luck in the world!!!!! When I've heart that L1 exploded I was terrified !!!!

By 90% I'm assuming that you can walk/run/exercise !

Best of luck again!!!!
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

You guys all got me beat. I've broken a few bones, had a root canal, even used to suffer from cluster headaches, but nothing like what some of you got. Gawain, my hat is off to you. Tom, holy shit!

Vskydiver is one tough gal. I've seen her shrug off 4 childbirths and a couple of surgeries. Pretty impressive woman. :)

Did you recover from all that ?

Mostly. I'll never recover 100%, but I'll take the 90% I got.

I did get to be on a medical show on the discovery channel, though. :S

Goddamn.... sure glad I wasn't you!! When was that show??
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Black Widow bite!

I've never experienced that, but saw a dude who had been bitten 3 times in the side by one, 3 weeks after the fact. He was still oozing gobs of pus through the still-open fang-made holes....

B|B|B|B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

*I've had 4 children....all natural childbirth.
*I've had kidney stones.
*I've had gall stones. Subsequent removal of gall bladder.
*I've had a bladder infection.
*I've had my tubes tied.
*I've hurt both legs around the knee section at different times, that I refused to go see the doctor about, but couldn't bend them more than 90 degrees because of the pain. I still can't bend one of them more than that.
*I've had numerous root canals and caps.

But for me, the worst pain I've ever had are abscessed teeth. I've had several in my lifetime. And of course, they happened on a weekend, when the dentist wasn't available. No strong drugs available and alcohol just made me sick. I cried for days. It was very embarrassing to be crying in the dentist chair, but DAMN, I thought I just wanted to die.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

For me it was ACL knee surgery post-op.

I'd had a broken tib-fib before and when that happened it was manageable. Setting it for the temporary cast was very painful, but post-op wasn't excruciating, and nothing prepared me for my ACL post-op.

I came out of ACL surgery thinking it wasn't so bad, but the sneaky buggers put some anesthetic directly into my joint. It started to wear off before I got the pain med prescription, and oh boy was it bad. I was sick from the pain and completely incapacitated even after I got the painkillers. The scary thing was the doc said it would have been twice as bad if he'd had to do any more serious meniscus work. Fortunately is subsided in a day or two, but about the only thing I could focus on was when it was going to stop. I was lying on the floor drinking out of water bottles and pissing into the empty bottles (it was real glamorous) because I couldn't move significantly without making something I would have thought intollerable even worse.

I'm glad I got it done though.

My vote is for kidney stones. I can usually handle pain but that night in the ER, I'll never forget. It's not the passing of the stones that's the painful part, it's the stones path from the kidney to the urinary track. The stones are like barbs and you feel the intense pain in waves. After that, pissing blood threw a screen is the easy part.

But after hearing what Tom A. and Gawain have been through, kidney stones are a walk in the park. My hat is off to you both.

i wanna point out the fact that bone and tooth are pretty much same stuff....

drilling your ankle bone will suck too,,,,

yeah dude, i totally agree on some guy on top saying, it is unnecessary to have that much nerve tissue around the bone.....
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Pain is different for everyone, so I think it is difficult to come up with a 'worst'. After reading what Max and Tom experienced, I don't feel worthy posting here. For me the worst pain has been head pain to the point of losing consciousness well over 100 times. I have head pain of varying degrees 24/7. What really makes it difficult is the longevity of it, 3 1/2 years now with no end in sight.

Chris

I have a safety tip I would like to share with you folks. First, the reason I am awake right now is due to pretty bad head pain. Anyway, some people reading this thread may deal with chronic pain as I do and have scripts for narcotic pain killers. Obviously the concern here is addiction. I have several scripts for narcotics that are used based on my level of pain. First though, I try my best to tough it out. My tip is this: I do not keep posession of any of my narcotic pain meds. They are in the posession of a family member. I have no idea where they are hidden. What this family member does is put out for me a safe dosage for the day and I literally have to log what I take so there is accountability. I share this with you folks because I know very well how easy it is to become addicted to narcotics when you are dealing with chronic pain. I personally do not want to add addiction to what I am already dealing with.

Best of health everyone.:)Chris

You have a wonderful family chris. It's awesome they are so supportive and helping you through this. I wish i could make your pain go away. You'll have to settle for a virtual hug (til i give you some real ones).

*HUG*

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Yeah they say being burned is really really horrendous. I am glad I have never been burned like what you had, but I have had really really bad sunburn.
Lets face it you skin is the largest living organ in/on your body, it is extremely sensitive.
Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.