BASE1036

Digital Camo Cordura

Does anyone know where to get Digital Camo Cordura? I have a chance to make a one of a kid rig, and I would like to use the new digital print camo.
Thanks in advance..
Daniel
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
Tasers - Pepper Spray - Stun Guns and more!
www.dallassecuritysupply.com

Atmosphere Gear here in Moscow owns some sophisticated equipment to thermoprint directly on cordura. The cost is something like $60-100 per square yard, depending (a rig usually requires 2 square yards of cordura). It's basically like controlled tie-dye, and doesn't wear out whatsoever (since the dye is impressioned into the fabric under high pressure and temperature). The end result is usually much lighter than the original picture supplied, so some preprocessing of the source image is usually required to get the colors right as far as saturation and hue go. PM me if you want to get in touch with the manufacturer.

check http://www.paragear.com/templates/parachutes.asp?group=193&level=1

sorry i dont know hot to make it click. but...halfway down the page is 500 or 1000 denier. they have digi camo. and you can order by the yard.

good luck with the rig. mine is reg. woodland camo and red edging.
"the sky is not the limit....the ground is"

Well if its a unique looking rig you want and you also want it to blend in once on the ground, I'd personally go with THIS camo pattern.

I have several yards of Multicam at Asylum to be made into BASE container. Crey Precision has been out of 1000 Cordura for quite some time...I went with a coated 725 instead.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

I've hunted around for a while to find digital camoflauge patterns.

The Army ACU pattern is easy to find. Paragear should have it. I know Apex BASE carries it as well. I have an Apex DP constructed from it.

The Canadian Woodland MARPAT can be found also...but it was too green to be really useful in a desert environment...IMO...might work for your needs though.

I was unable to find any USMC MARPAT cordura...it was my first choice...if anyone has a source, please PM me.

Here's a question.

How much does it cost to have a container made up in camo. Do you just give the manufacturer the cloth and tell them to get on with it and pay an off the shelf price???

And, personally I'd go with Lou's recomendation.......Crye Multicam, excellent.

It takes about 2 yds of cordura to make a BASE rig. Regular colors are like 7-9 dollars a yard thru Paragear...before a discount.

So supplying a manufacturer with custom cordura really has a negligible effect on the final price.

BTW, the 725 coated Multicam I bought was ~20 bucks a yard.

FYI the candians pattern is called CADPAT. www.hyperstealth.com
I used to have plenty of the USMC woodland digi pattern in 1000d cordura. I got lucky when I found that. I was going to have a rig made of it but someone talked me out of it saying it was too redneck. Now all I have is a gear bag and the rest of the bags I made I sold.

Good luck finding it, it does have a pattent and so does the Canandian stuff. all the uniforms and equipment on ebay are either not authentic issue or it is a Mairne that is selling it to try to make a few extra bucks. We aren't supposed to resell issued uniforms of uniforms bought from Post Exchange priveleges.

If you want the pattern for function go with the ACUPAT. It is the best pattern for all three environments woodland, desert and urban. the problem with all other camo patterns is that they are specific to particular environments. an example of this would be real tree. great three D stuff but you can only use it well inthe environment it was designed for. Hyperstealth explains all that.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Honest question: why would you want a rig in camouflage unless you're actually using it for military jumps?

I was going to make a BASE container with it. this was before I knew anything about base. I figured with all the sneaking around camo would be the way to go.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Honest question: why would you want a rig in camouflage unless you're actually using it for military jumps?

Some people want to be seen, some people do not want to be seen. Guess it depends on which category you fall in.

I've been to hyperstealth.com before. Did you check out the passive negative ion generators that they build into BDU collars or boonie hats? Made to keep you more alert without amphetimines...used by the SEALs and Delta Force...cool stuff.