LisaH

Entertaining a 5 year old....

Friends want a second honeymoon...I told them I would babysit.

My place is not child proof. I love kids...but not here. Do 5 year olds like the zoo?

Any suggestions? How do I entertain him?

No blenders please :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Get a leash with a inward spiked collar for the neck. Act up, and one little yank on the leash will keep the little brat in line...

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Get a leash with a inward spiked collar for the neck. Act up, and one little yank on the leash will keep the little brat in line...

Did that method work on you deafo
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

This suggestion makes me want to rent him movies for the entire weekend. Which I refuse to do :|

:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

My place is not child proof. I love kids...but not here. Do 5 year olds like the zoo?

yes they love the zoo so will you:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

yes they love the zoo so will you:)

I love the zoo. Every summer I do the L.A. zoo on weekends. Great walk :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I have a six year old. Run them. Swim them. Jog them. Basically, wear them out. Make sure he's fed regularly. They get cranky when they are hungry.

Good luck.

Great idea. Wear him out. SLEEP! :D

He'll be fed properly..I know that much :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

i recently entertained a three year old.. i guess, they just like playing!

zoo sounds great, isnt disneyland anyway near close? or just hit a playground..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I just spent the day taking care of an 8 year old and 15 month old. (Mom and Dad were taking care of 5 year old who might have pnemonia.) One of the best things I can suggest is if there are neighbor kids to play with that's great. Also, just letting them go outside and run around for hours works really well too. You don't want them to just sit around a watch tv all day. But, if they start to get tired in the evening just throw in a movie and let them crash on the couch then just carry them to bed. Worked for me today.

At five you really should have to worry that your house is not child friendly. Ask the kids what he wants to do. My girls play outside constantly and when they get tired they like to stay in and play a board game or something. Just go with the flow and try not to structure every minute. You two will have fun.

I have a six year old. Run them. Swim them. Jog them. Basically, wear them out. Make sure he's fed regularly. They get cranky when they are hungry.

Good luck.

I do this every weekend for the six year old in my house.....:D Just remember not to wear him out to much or they get super cranky as well. Always have some sort of snack with you at all times cause when a 5 year old is hungry it is a life and death situation and they will let you know every second that they are starving.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Can you kennel them too... cause I kennel my 2 year-old during the day... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

the weather being nice... you can take the kid to the zoo, beach, park... or even try to check if there will be any pet exposition around...they're fun.
I am not a big shopping person... but my best friend loves to take girl to the mall where she can play with other kids at the play area.

if it's a bit cold to be outside.. try some easy cooking, films..coloring.

I hope you have a great time.
kids can be a lot of work..but they're also a blast !

:)
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

As an owner of a 6 and 3 year old I know at that stage of development it is fairly easy to maintain a satisfactory entertainment level Don't worry to much of the child proofing they are not much of a problem by that age for getting in to stuff.

Movies are good (Prefer them over T.V.) Zoo and petting Zoo areas are an excellent place. If you have a Children’s museum or Science centers lots of hands on and experimenting will keep them going for hours. Other people offspring of the same age range will occupy for a considerable amount of time. Ikea Play land (this is a easy one if you need a sanity break lol)

Parks with play structures, Wood land areas they are at a huge discovery age just exploring is entertaining to them. Disney Land

If all else fail duct tape and a box in the basement will solve that after a couple hours when they are let out EVERY THING is then entertaining :P
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Good luck.

I do this every weekend for the six year old in my house.....:D Just remember not to wear him out to much or they get super cranky as well. Always have some sort of snack with you at all times cause when a 5 year old is hungry it is a life and death situation and they will let you know every second that they are starving.

Good tip, thanks! :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I dont know if you have any dog parks where you live, but running around with all the puppies and dogs is even entertaining to me!

I thought about this as well. Decided I don't want to be responsible for any dog bites.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

As an owner of a 6 and 3 year old I know at that stage of development it is fairly easy to maintain a satisfactory entertainment level Don't worry to much of the child proofing they are not much of a problem by that age for getting in to stuff.

Movies are good (Prefer them over T.V.) Zoo and petting Zoo areas are an excellent place. If you have a Children’s museum or Science centers lots of hands on and experimenting will keep them going for hours. Other people offspring of the same age range will occupy for a considerable amount of time. Ikea Play land (this is a easy one if you need a sanity break lol)

Parks with play structures, Wood land areas they are at a huge discovery age just exploring is entertaining to them. Disney Land

If all else fail duct tape and a box in the basement will solve that after a couple hours when they are let out EVERY THING is then entertaining :P

I think I'm just going to cover him in bubble wrap and tell him to stay on the couch and don't move :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo