Slappie

I need some new music

I'm in a musical rut. What is some bands or singers you enjoy? Please no country music. I live in Texas and just can't stand it. Well most of it.

I'll listen to Metal, hardcore, all the way to John Mayer or Jimmy Buffet. B|

Thanks guys... this thread should be fun.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I'm in a musical rut. What is some bands or singers you enjoy? Please no country music. I live in Texas and just can't stand it. Well most of it.

Unfortunately, for me, I stopped listening to new music after 1992 or 1993. But hey, how about some AC/DC? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Barenaked Ladies
Amanda Marshall
Diana Krall
Great Big Sea
The Jayhawks
Jesse Cook (if you like really cool classical guitar)
Philosopher Kings
Sam Roberts
Blues Traveler
Dave Matthews Band

Some of my faves. Enjoy! :)
'Shell

Unfortunately, for me, I stopped listening to new music after 1992 or 1993. But hey, how about some AC/DC? :D

Ya Billy sorry about the deaf thing dude. But, speaking of AC/DC I just got some rare live material with Bon Scot on vocals.

Rare live concert - Living in the Hell

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Ya Billy sorry about the deaf thing dude. But, speaking of AC/DC I just got some rare live material with Bon Scot on vocals.

Rare live concert - Living in the Hell

Way cool... All I have is their Greatest Hits DVD set of music videos. Lots of great songs on there...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

recently picked up HELLYEAH, it's members of Nothingface, Mudvayne, and Vinnie Paul on drums. very good!

other metal bands i like: Nevermore, Into Eternity, Arch Enemy, Mastodon, Strapping Young Lad and Mastery.

also if you like diverse guitarist John 5 (solo guitarist and currently with Rob Zombie) has a new solo album coming out May 2nd.

i could name more bands but it'd take up too much space. PM me if you have more metal music ?s. my metal history and listening goes back to 1982.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

If you want to change it up big time, check out Dropkick murphys, and flogging molly. Sort of a hard rock irish folk music. They have been around awhile but got popular since they did a bunch of songs for Departed. I'm a recent bandwagon hopper...
Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping ~ Author Unknown (but I wish I knew)

YouveGottaTryThis.com

If you want to change it up big time, check out Dropkick murphys, and flogging molly. Sort of a hard rock irish folk music. They have been around awhile but got popular since they did a bunch of songs for Departed. I'm a recent bandwagon hopper...

Oh, thanks for the reminder about Irish Folk!

Another good one

Spirit of the West
'Shell

I'm currently having a Gary Moore Flashback, and listening to quite a bit of him the last couple of days
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

How bout the ZimmersB|

Can somebody make this clicky for me (new guy and all ya know:|)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfFrCUrEbY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eopendiary%2Ecom%2Fentryview%2Easp%3Fauthorcode%3DC105096%26entry%3D20582

Holy crap:o uh, I promise to learn the clicky thing next week:$

dropdeded

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

How bout the ZimmersB|

Can somebody make this clicky for me (new guy and all ya know:|)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfFrCUrEbY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eopendiary%2Ecom%2Fentryview%2Easp%3Fauthorcode%3DC105096%26entry%3D20582

Holy crap:o uh, I promise to learn the clicky thing next week:$

dropdeded

You're gonna say the same thing next week, aren't you!

:P
'Shell

i listen to everything from hip hop to folk music...

latley ive been listening to ALOT of jason mraz...his new live album songs for friends on itunes is excellent..and waiting for my rocket to come is an amazing album..

very very talented dude...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Joss Stone
Panic! At the Disco
Justin Timberlake (yes, he really is bringing sexyback)
Black Eyed Peas

(those are just the 4 cd's in my car right now)

Joss Stone is awesome
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks for the Amanda Marshall. She's solid!

HELLYEAH sounds like it's going to be a good ride!

Joss Stone is good stuff, I always liked her first album. This new one is ok. I don't think it's as strong as her first stuff. She was just so innocent sounding on Soul Sessions.

Thanks for the Amanda Marshall. She's solid!

HELLYEAH sounds like it's going to be a good ride!

Joss Stone is good stuff, I always liked her first album. This new one is ok. I don't think it's as strong as her first stuff. She was just so innocent sounding on Soul Sessions.

She was also only 15 when did recorded Soul Sessions awesome voice you a youngen :)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

OK, Here's a list of the best bands ever and a brief description of the type of music

Zebrahead - Rap/Rock with a little funk thrown in
Hed P.E. - Hardcore Rap/Rock
AFI - Rock (only really like their newest cd)
Custom - In a category all their own
Reel Big Fish - Ska
Fenix TX - Punk/Pop
Breaking Benjamin - Rock
Sugarcult - Punk/Pop
Rufio - Punk/Pop
Unwritten Law - Punk/pop
Thusday - Screamo
Brand New - Emo/Screamo
Boy Hits Car - Rock
Taking Back Sundy - Screamo
Quarashi - Craziness (Kinda Rap/hip hop/ rock
Skindred - Reggaie/Rock

There are many other great bands out there, just gotta find them, enjoy B|

We die only once, but for such a very long time.

I'll believe in ghosts when I catch one in my teeth.

I have close to 30GBs on my computer and iPod.Youre welcome to anything I have.Plus I'm linked to my hubbys comp so I have access to everything he has too.

Just give me some bands and/or songs you like and I'll try to dig something up for ya.
I have a very diverse library.Anything from Beethoven and The Beatles to Rob Zombie,and Mad Season.

Just PM me and I'll see what I can do for ya.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I like them. What songs do you recommend. I got "Home for a rest" from itunes to start me off.

Home for a Rest is definitely their trademark!

I like ALL their stuff. A few to check into:

And If Venice is Sinking
Enough Already
Waiting for Martin

Hope this helps!
'Shell