ExAFO

Does your neighbor's dog crap on your lawn?

Here is a good solution: Clicky

Heheheheh

Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't actually find that funny.

Now following the dog home and spray painting the owner ... THAT would be funny. This, not so much.

[:/]

Meh, lighten up. Normalcy is a haircut away for Fido. It's funny.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Heheheheh

Now following the dog home and spray painting the owner ... THAT would be funny. This, not so much.

Meh, lighten up. Normalcy is a haircut away for Fido. It's funny.

I just feel sorry for the dog. And people that can do that to a nice puppy make me mad.

I'm normally pretty "light" (ask anyone that knows me).

On a lighter note, just for you, obviously the dog's quite friendly. How else would their penmanship be so good.

I can see the "funny" in it. Can you see the "sad" in it??

Remember, this is a forum. We get to reply.
'Shell

i think its funny. i doubt the dog really cares. they eat poop and roll in dead animals, what's a little spray paint?

You may be right. The dog might not care . The dog might not know that the attention he just received was done maliciously. But the owner does.
'Shell

i think its funny. i doubt the dog really cares. they eat poop and roll in dead animals, what's a little spray paint?

You may be right. The dog might not care . The dog might not know that the attention he just received was done maliciously. But the owner does.

The owner was the asshat that let poochie run loose. No pity.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

I would never want to see anything bad happen to any animal anywhere and I certainly hope that the spray paint is not toxic and does not harm the dog in any way but, maybe this is the wake up call the owner needs. The paper says the dog "enjoys wandering, unleashed, though its Idaho neighborhood" so hopefully they will keep the dog in there yard from now on so he wont be hit by a car or hurt by an angry neighbor. I have seen too many dead dogs on the side of the road lately. I also had a friend that had one of her kittens killed by a neighbors "gentle" free roaming dog.
Fly like a girl

Heheheheh

He wasn't a local from LP and got drunk was he?:)

No - he was aDOG that crapped in a yard he shouldn't have been in . . .

If you think the LP local Painting Gallery contest is funny you have to be light hearted about this too . . .

or - I guess - you don't really, but hey - it is kinda funny.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I would never want to see anything bad happen to any animal anywhere and I certainly hope that the spray paint is not toxic and does not harm the dog in any way but, maybe this is the wake up call the owner needs. The paper says the dog "enjoys wandering, unleashed, though its Idaho neighborhood" so hopefully they will keep the dog in there yard from now on so he wont be hit by a car or hurt by an angry neighbor. I have seen too many dead dogs on the side of the road lately. I also had a friend that had one of her kittens killed by a neighbors "gentle" free roaming dog.

You're right, dogs shouldn't roam the neighbourhood. And yes, it's the OWNER'S responsiblity to make sure their dog isn't roaming the neighbourhood. But to spray paint a dog rather than find out where it belongs is pretty irresponsible too.

I had a "ghost dog" appear on my deck one night. I called the pound. They had no calls about a missing dog. I opened the gate to see if he would leave and go home (he didn't). I finally called the pound to pick him up because my dog wouldn't go to bed with him on the deck (I felt so bad about that because I didn't know where he'd end up ... home or dead crossed my mind). They picked him up. He came back a few weeks later. I tied a note on his collar to ask his owners to call me with their number because he kept coming to my house to visit. I'm glad they did.

They're not BAD owners. He jumps a 6' fence. The highest fence you can have in our area.

I would hope my "neighbours" would do the same if my dog got out.

While the owner says the dog roams and they're not ensuring he doesn't, is it acceptable to spray paint the dog??
'Shell

Does your neighbor's dog crap on your lawn?

My neighbor's cats do! >:( Every day. >:(

I wonder what they would have written if the neighbor's kitty did the same. Would have had to use an airbrush since the canvas is smaller.

I actually find the solution on the dog quite powerful. Didn't hurt the dog at all, but brought the message home to the owner (I hope). Me thinks this wasn't the first time 'fido' wandered away. Once or twice the neighbor could have stomached it. A consistent bothering -is- annoying.

I also agree that the dog needs protection. I pass smashed dogs on the freeway quite often on my way to work. Don't know if they were 'wanderers' or truck-bed riders (without restraint is illegal here in my county) that got thrown out. Very very sad either way. [:/]

IMHO it wasn't done maliciously at all. Sounds like the owner had been contacted before (probably by many different neighbors). It's just another way of making a point (without beating up the neighbor or actually doing physical harm to the dog). Calling the animal shelter can lead to death (at least around here).

On a very personal note, my sister's little terrier was attacked by a neighbor's dog just before Christmas. Broken ribs, ripped side, punctured lung. Did the owner of the other dog keep the dog at home after that? NO! Just last month it came after my sister's dog again (ON MY SISTER'S PROPERTY AGAIN) and killed her dog.

Once out, an owner's mistake. Consitant problem....owner's neglect.

Now back to the cats who poop on my lawn.....:S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

***He jumps a 6' fence. The highest fence you can have in our area.

I also had a dog who bounded over our 6 foot chain-link fence. It also is the highest fence allowed in our area. What to do? He was an outside dog (Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix). Beautiful dog.

We got him a playmate. Worked for 2 days. Then he was back up and over the fence again.

Did a little research and invested in a very humane remedy. A "Fido Shocker". They can come with insulators that attach easily to chain link fences. Took less than 1/2 hour to connect around our large back yard. Problem solved.

PS: You can also find it in your local feed store. It's not the powerful electrical fence for a horse. A very mild one for 'Fido'.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

"the dog enjoys wandering, unleashed, though its Idaho neighborhood"

See. THIS is why I don't like dogs. It's 99% of the time not the dog. It's the stupid-assed, inconsiderate, uncaring, owners.

The dog was not hurt. The owner is an asshat for complaining. The Animal Control should have been called to pick up the dog. The neighbors should have filed an official complaint with Animal Control.

Dog shits in your yard? I have:
1. Bagged it and delivered it to the owners hands at his door.
2. Bagged it and set it on fire on his doorstep.
3. Bagged it and left it under the seat in his car.
4. Had them come pick it up.
5. Politely told them not to curb their dog in my yard while exercising it.
6. Called Animal Control and filed a complaint gainst the owners.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You're right, dogs shouldn't roam the neighbourhood. And yes, it's the OWNER'S responsiblity to make sure their dog isn't roaming the neighbourhood. But to spray paint a dog rather than find out where it belongs is pretty irresponsible too.

I had a "ghost dog" appear on my deck one night. I called the pound. They had no calls about a missing dog. I opened the gate to see if he would leave and go home (he didn't). I finally called the pound to pick him up because my dog wouldn't go to bed with him on the deck (I felt so bad about that because I didn't know where he'd end up ... home or dead crossed my mind). They picked him up. He came back a few weeks later. I tied a note on his collar to ask his owners to call me with their number because he kept coming to my house to visit. I'm glad they did.

They're not BAD owners. He jumps a 6' fence. The highest fence you can have in our area.

I would hope my "neighbours" would do the same if my dog got out.

While the owner says the dog roams and they're not ensuring he doesn't, is it acceptable to spray paint the dog??

I agree spray painting the dog was not a cool thing to do at all. No one should take out there frustration on animals ever! It was a very immature and they should just have called animal control and let them take care of it. It was the owners fault not the dogs. I wish more people would realize that. I just thought it was better than shooting the dog, trying to poison it, letting it get hit by a car. We used to here of that happening all the time when I volunteered at a shelter in high school. I remember someone going to court because a group of boys shot there loose golden retriever in "self defense"[:/]
Fly like a girl

Guest 1010

>Does your neighbor's dog crap on your lawn?

not any more :)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

I see the funny and the sad. Bottom line is to keep control of your animal. A little paint is not going to hurt him.
About 2 yrs. ago there were a few families camping around here and one families dog was running loose in the camp ground. Some drunk psychotic SOB got pissed and cut the dogs head off with a chainsaw and carried it back to the owners campsite, threw it in amongst the family and said there is your fucking dog. That sadistic SOB is now doing time at the Montana State Pen, and rightfully so. If it had been my dog, he never would have made it to court, cuz I own a chainsaw too.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I dont believe you. Nobody would do anything like that in Montana:|

“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th