kiim292

AT WHAT TEMPERATURE DO YOU PUT THE AC ON

ok...it's Florida....but transplanting from Buffalo, NY I find the Florida heat/humidity too much to bear sometimes which causes some controversary with my St Augustine Husband. Keep in mind, hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings etc....At what temp would you put on the Air Conditioning or open the windows. Curious minds NEED to know!!!!:$.
Aunt Kimmie

What is this AC you speak of? Some of us live in civilized climates.;)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I keep my AC at about 77-80 during the day when I'm not home, it changes to 74 about 30 minutes before I get home, then I have it set at 68 about 30 minutes before I go to bed. It's a programmable thingie... The weekends are set differently of course. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Windows or AC? Depends on the outside temp. If it's 85+ inside the house (and it's reached temps exceeding 100), I will use whatever I can to cool it off; the cats suffer, and so do I. I have a window unit (energy sucker, and loud) as well as a portable AC unit (usually in the bedroom - I can't sleep if it's over 85-88) which has a thermostat; so it stays on and cools the bedroom to 80, and then regulates things.

Most of the time, however, it's open windows and fans. And nakedness, truth be told...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I live in Fl and keep mine at 78 and run the fans if it feels too warm. My kids complain that it's too hot, but I told them they can turn it down when they start helping with the bill.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ours is set about 73 to save energy and cut our electricity bill down. When it gets cold at night, we set the heat at 70. If the temperature is between 65 and 75 outside, the AC/Heat is off.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ours is set about 73 to save energy and cut our electricity bill down. When it gets cold at night, we set the heat at 70. If the temperature is between 65 and 75 outside, the AC/Heat is off.

I like your style with the AC, but 70 for the heat :o:o??? Don't think I've ever turned my heat above 65, if at all.

I like your style with the AC, but 70 for the heat :o:o??? Don't think I've ever turned my heat above 65, if at all.

To keep the baby from getting too cold. When she's a little bigger, we'll lower the thermostat.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

To keep the baby from getting too cold. When she's a little bigger, we'll lower the thermostat.

Makes sense. I remember my folks turning the heat real high when I was a little guy. They kept doing that until I was big enough to get up and turn the damned thing off :D:D.

I like your style with the AC, but 70 for the heat ???

I set mine at 71! That's warm?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I set mine at 71! That's warm?

To me, that's roasting. Then again, I run my air around 74, unless it's cooler outside. My windows stay open until it gets down to about 65 inside, heat goes on when it gets down to 60.

When I was in Colorado, the maintenance guy gave me a talking to. He complimented that I was being energy efficient, but warned that I was tempting the pipes to freeze :o:D.

I live in Fl and keep mine at 78 and run the fans if it feels too warm. My kids complain that it's too hot, but I told them they can turn it down when they start helping with the bill.

Same here -- when the temp gets above 78 in the house, the AC goes on. This spring was pretty pleasent so we had the windows open a lot instead; even was nice inside on a few days when it hit 78/79 inside becuse it cooled off so nicely in the evening.

Winter it gets set at 68 for heat, if that's not warm enough, there are always afghans, throws and sweats/sweaters.

Setting it lower than 78 in summer or higher than 68 in winter costs way too much money that we have far better uses for.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I keep my windows open from Oct to May usually.

When I walk into the house in the evening and it is still warmer than the outside temp, especially if it is humid, then the ac has to come on just to prevent mold from forming.

It's usually got to get into the 80's, unless it's early in the season (we're not used to the heat yet) or really humid. But even then, I'll probably set it to less than 78-79 if there's company over.

But I take a cool shower before going to bed a lot.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

First off, it never turns off! LOL
In Houston I keep it at 72 year round.
I never have cared what the elec. bill costs, as you cannot put a price on comfort.

Doug
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill