bazelos

What at you reading at the moment?

I don't usualy read books, but I had a long coach journey so I picked up a couple, finished reading "mayday" (hey, it had people jumping out of planes!) and now reading "three views of crystal water". How I wish I had a laptop to watch family guy instead:S:P

Anyway, what are you reading? I want to read "last night a DJ saved my life" anyone read it? Commens on it?
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

I don't usualy read books, but I had a long coach journey so I picked up a couple, finished reading "mayday" (hey, it had people jumping out of planes!) and now reading "three views of crystal water". How I wish I had a laptop to watch family guy instead:S:P

Anyway, what are you reading? I want to read "last night a DJ saved my life" anyone read it? Commens on it?

Wild Fire by Nelson Demille...and a book on diving with nitrox.....
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Just finished Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee by Charles Shields and Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis.

Liked 'em both. Not sure what's next on my list. I'm slowly making my way through a history book called The Senator and the Socialite and though it's interesting, it's not really a gripping pageturner.

I also recently read Brainiac by Ken Jennings and Prisoner of Trebekistan by Bob Harris. Both are about being on Jeopardy! and are a lot of fun.

Oh, and another one I've read this year is Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach. It's awesome!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Just finished Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee by Charles Shields and Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis.

Can I borrow the Harper Lee book from you? Valinda and I love "To Kill a Mockingbird."

You've got a nice library. :)

Actually, Seattle does. All of the aforementioned books have been borrowed from SPL - I have a very active hold list. I love books but I have far too many, so I'm trying to be better about using the library and only buying books that I think I'll read again and again. So, sorry, can't loan you the book. :(
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Besides this website, I just finished reading "the five people you meet in heaven" (Grammar folks, the title of the book is written in all lower case).

Good one, ain't it? Definitely makes you think...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"the five people you meet in heaven"

I actually got introduced to this movie by a young lady at Blockbuster about two years ago. I was bored and wanted something "different." She was obviously a very intelligent young lady (even though she WAS working at Blockbuster).

I loved the movie. Ended up buying/reading the book. It was great!

I got my oldest daughter to read it. Then she and I had this long discussion of people we thought WE might meet.

It's nice to be able to have intelligent discussions every now and then! ;)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Issue 349 of 2000AD (early eighties). Going through my collection, grading them before I sell the things for a good few hundred quid.

648 issues in total so got some way to go.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

American Gods by Neil Gaiman, it's pretty cool.

I just finished that one and found it to be more than a little bit intriguing. I was utterly fascinated with the concepts Neil Gaiman presented in that book. I'm going to get Anansi Boys this week.

I also re-read the Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff, Dancing Barefoot by Wil Wheaton and I am still working on Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton.

I'm perpetually reading the Tao Te Ching, my Portable Jung and my Parables of Kierkegaard.

At any given moment, I'm generally reading no less than two books.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Yeah it's been very interesting thus far and i don't know why but quite scary/freaky at times. Like reading it at night a few times has given me the heebie jeebies when it's not a Steven King type scary book at all :S:D

I've been wanting to read The Tao of Pooh for quite some time now, i'll have to add that to my "to get" list for when i'm in a bookshop next.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky