NWFlyer

Breakfast for dinner

I've been on night shift for the last month...(and for the next 3), so, yeah... breakfast is dinner now.

heavy stuff to eat steak for breakfast..huhh??B|:ph34r:...i know all about that since i`m working on a oil-rig far out in the northsea..

I've been on night shift for the last month...(and for the next 3), so, yeah... breakfast is dinner now.

heavy stuff to eat steak for breakfast..huhh??B|:ph34r:...i know all about that since i`m working on a oil-rig far out in the northsea..

Hell, I *wish* they had breakfast steaks!!

Usually some bacon, an egg white scramble with cheese/mushroom/onion and a bowl of raisin bran...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's called "The Reverse Diet" and it is VERY successful.

Heard about it on a nutrition channel and did a little study into it back when I was in school. Take a look at Tricia Cunninham's story on the above web page for example.

My personal experience was that I studied better and clearer, slept better, and was in excellent shape when I subscribed to this style of eating.

My motto was "eat for what you are about to do". In other words, eat a large healthy breakfast because you are entering the active part of your day. Eat a light supper (evening meal) by 6pm as you are entering the quiet time of the day. You're sleeping in a few hours, where the body doesn't need all those calories.

Food for thought.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I like that concept. I've been trying (though not always succeeding) to eat earlier in the evening and stop (no snacks after dinner). I need to get back into having a lighter meal in the evenings - I had good energy at the gym tonight after the oatmeal/yogurt dinner - I think because it was so light. (So, for those of you who voted "go to the gym already" :P:P)

At the other end of my day - I always eat a good-sized breakfast; I'm useless without real food in the morning.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I rarely ever eat breakfast so about the only time I get breakfast foods is if I have them for dinner.

Oh my gosh, I wake up STARVING all the time.:D

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It's also my favorite time of day.

I love a veggie omelet for dinner, though. Bagels are always for breakfast. I love bagels.B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Sometimes I'll fix a full breakfast for dinner - eggs over medium, toast with jelly, heaping portion of bacon and grits. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've been trying (though not always succeeding) to eat earlier in the evening and stop (no snacks after dinner).

I have this wierd thing about dinner being the end of my day. If I have shit to do, it's gotta get done before dinner, cuz after I eat, I'm relaxing. With as much as I've had to do lately, this can't be particularly healthy. Last night was a blue cheese smothered tri-tip roast for dinner at 10:30 so I could go to bed a little after 11:00. The night before was BBQ tri-tip bits at 11:30 & bed at midnight. Monday was Applebee's take-out a little after 10 & bed by 11:00. Notice a pattern? :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)