karenmeal

I graduated!

Yesterday I graduated with a B.S. in Speech and Hearing Sciences from the University of Washington.

Now I need to figure out how to safely do some head-down in my cap and gown.B|

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

OMG!! Already?!? It seems like just yesterday you were applying for UW! :o

[insert cheesey 'My lil' baby girl is all growed up!' :( >tear

Congratulations, Karen!! B|:D Looks like you graduated with honors, too...

-And you do look outstanding in a dress. :)

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Did I miss the party?

Congrats, girl! I'm so proud of you. :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well, I've been in the real world before and I miss it. I'm really looking forward to going back to a solid 40 and a paycheck. Unfortunately, I'm not quite there yet, I start grad school in the fall.

I should get my Master's within 2 years and then it will be on to the real world as a speech language pathologist.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Looks like you graduated with honors, too...

Magna Cum Laude. I'm pretty proud of that. Especially considering since my first try at college I dropped out with straight F's.

(And I was soooo close to Suma Cum Laude..)

I'm really looking forward to going back to a solid 40 and a paycheck.

:D Seriously! I think I had more work & put in more hours (when you count research & writing time outside of class) IN college and, I wasn't getting paid!>:(:P

I should get my Master's within 2 years and then it will be on to the real world as a speech language pathologist.

Nice!:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Well, I've been in the real world before and I miss it. I'm really looking forward to going back to a solid 40 and a paycheck. Unfortunately, I'm not quite there yet, I start grad school in the fall.

That is SO funny because it's what I said in college...then after working for YEARS, it was 'damn I wish I could go back to school and ditch this job' :S...then it went the other way when I was in aerodynamics (tough class). :|

Ah well, if you're doing what you love, you'll enjoy your job. (and getting better pay always increases love of the job...;):P)

That will be so cool...I absolutely cannot believe how short the Pacific NW is on SLP's. :S

(-It is typically 8 months-2 YEARS wait to get in to an SLP where we live...we are still waiting.)

Edit to add: and if you're good at what you do (and knowing the kind of person you are, I can't imagine that you wouldn't be at the top of your field) you will never want for more opportunity...you can go as far as you choose.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Congrats, I know your parents are happy. My youngest girl just received her BS in nursing. Best of luck. Edited: I took the quickest way out of school with a BA. Of course she is smarter than me.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.