windcatcher

How long did it take you to get your bachelor's degree?

2 years to get my AA in emergency medical sciences and paramedic license, 1 year for my fire science technology degree and 10 long boring god foresaken years to get my bachelors in business science/management degree.....I can officially say...I'm done with school!!!B|

4.5 @ Texas A&M, but I had help from the Air Force to pay for it or it would have taken a little longer. I started and finished with the same Major and 2 minors, so I would expect 2 more years if I changed majors

"Pilots without Maintainers are just pedestrians with cool jackets and sunglasses"

Don't get discouraged! It all happens when it's supposed to.... and even if some finish in 2.5yrs and others take 10+, what's most important is that you learn what you need to excel where you want to be.

Don't compare your journey to others with a jaded eye. Your life has taken a course of adventure and change and love.... that is SO MUCH more important than any lil piece of paper!

6 1/2 yrs to get a BS in Mech Eng. There was no money in my family for college.

I worked part-time, went to school part-time & tried to have a life part-time.

It was worth every day & dollar it took.

I'm now retired with an income of over $50K/yr; it has finally paid off.

Jerry

If you are going to go to school, go ahead and finish it. Don't just do the 2 year degree if you can do the 4. It is much harder to go back once "your life" becomes dependent on your career. Maybe avoiding a career would be a better suggestion. :)
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Hi Nightingale:)
I really have no choice other than to switch majors, as my major was only specific to the college I went to ( My old major was Organizational/Interpersonal Communications.) I was planning on transferring back to my old school and old degree, but then I would have to go to college 2 hours away, and that's not really an option with a hubby and baby at home. So, I am doing a psych major with a minor in family studies. Maybe some day I will get my masters. B|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I really buckled down and got serious after my 4th year and graduated in 7 years.

Just Kidding. For 2 years, I went to a school that I hated but stayed due to friends on Campus. I transferred to a State University and worked full time while going to school part-time. It took me 5 more years as a part timer but it was well worth it. No regrets.

BS Sociology in 3.5 years

Added a BS in MIddle Grades Ed in 3 years going part-time and working

Been working on MEd for 2 years. I graduate with a 4.0 in 2 weeks.

Not sure if I'm going for my doctorate yet. It will be another 2.5 years but the pay raise would be fantastic.

One thing about it an education is something nobody can take away from you.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Exactly 4 years. BOOORinggggg...

The stories from the 3-yr geeks and tenacious 6+'ers are much more interesting...

I wish I had boring[:/][:/]

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

about 6 years
2 years for assoc degree in science
2 years for assoc degreein nursing
1/2 yr for additional pre reqs
1 1/2yrs for the BSN

THis sounds like the path Im on, I dont want the "woulda shoulda couldas" so Im getting it done in my 20's ;)

Just got done with the masters' but worked as a nurse for 12 years in between....very glad to be done with it - they are wanting NPs to get a doctorate as of 2015 - I will be "grandfathered in".....but may go back for the doctorate eventually. We will see what happens......I am in my mid 30s.....wish I could have gotten it done earlier
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

it took me about 6-7 years... I started off going to a school that wasn't the right fit for me especially considering I didn't know what I wanted to do.

So I left that school and went off to get an associates degree (in Engineering Science... basically the core courses in an Engineering program)

That gave me a little more time to figure out what I wanted to do and the last 3 years of my BS (the University of Cincinnati's Engineering degrees are 5 year degrees) took me about 3.5 years. (I started in winter Quarter...)

I held a few jobs throughout my schooling. I was a tutor in Physics while studying at my associates program. I had a co-op job for 5 quarters in my BS program (two of which were done in Japan) as well as some lab assistant work for a Prof my senior year...

I completed my MS in Materials Science recently in just about a year and a half... (which is the length of the program...)

There's nothing that says you must get your degree done in a particular time... I lived a lot during my time in college... tried a lot of things... met a lot of different people and learned a lot about myself (and others)

Life is a journey and I'm still learning...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I started college right after highschool but dropped out during the first quarter. I spent the next 2 years getting a thousand jumps out of my system and then went back to school full-time.:P

I just finished last weekend after 4 years with a degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

5 years here. Wasted a year thinking I was really ready to do something that was way the hell over my head. Came back with only two transferrable courses for that whole year of falling on my ass. Picked up the pieces at a community college for two years, transferred to a better school to finish with a new major, and that was that. I'm now applying to jobs in my chosen field, having a little trouble because it's an exclusive field, but the degree definitely helped. There are things I learned in school that I couldn't possibly have learned elsewhere.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

From HS graduation, it took 10 years, but there was a couple years as a climbing bum, a few years operating experimental nuclear reactors, racing cars, etc., so the 10 years wasn't entirely wasted.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG