windcatcher

How long did it take you to get your bachelor's degree?

Looks like switching majors, switching schools and having a baby is putting me at the 6 year mark JUST to get my bachelor's degree:S. I'm thinking about going back to school this fall to major in psychology and minor in family science or family studies. How long did you take to get your degree, and was it worth it? :|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I believe I was on the 7 year plan.

I don't know why they make it seem like you HAVE to get your degree in 4 years. I had life happening and I choose to deal with that. When I was done with that I went back and killed it!!
And that was no easy task as I have a BS in Mathematics with a minor in computer science.

yes it was worth every bit.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

4 Years

BS in Math Theory and Minor in computer science.
And all the requisite medical prereqs

Then again I had 4 years to devote to nothing but school.

Don't feel bad at all for having to alter your plans because of life. My residency is going to be extended a bit secondary to life issues, and that's ok.

Roll with it, and you'll be fine.

4 years. I took the normal course load of 15 credits per semester, but I also took a course each summer so my senior year was a breeze. Must have worked for me because I graduated summa cum laude.:)
My MBA took the normal 2 years. I went straight from undergrad to grad.

Chris

I knocked out the first two years (associate degree) in just over two years (one extra semester). I then took 5 years off from school before continuing toward my bachelor. The last "two years" took me four, albeit it with a one year break in the middle, so total time from start to finish was 11 years + 2 semesters. I had a real, full-time job almost the entire time (except the first 3 semesters), and during the latter part was also S&TA and the only TM at our DZ, coach of a softball team, coordinator of a softball league, and was building a house. At one point during all of that, I took 20 credits. I think I slept a little over two hours that semester. :S:D

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

4 yrs Physics
4 yrs Bus. Adm.

but I can say that at least 2 years of each I spent at the bars with my friends :D

I also got a degree in Card games, Jokes, Beer lifting.....:P

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Looks like switching majors, switching schools and having a baby is putting me at the 6 year mark JUST to get my bachelor's degree:S. I'm thinking about going back to school this fall to major in psychology and minor in family science or family studies. How long did you take to get your degree, and was it worth it? :|

37 years and counting . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Don't worry about it.... it took me five years and that's just from switching majors a few times. (to eventually end back up with my original major just about! :S) You had a baby on top of everything? I think six years is just a fine finish for all of that!

It was worth it, I guess. But, now that I have over 70K in student loans to pay back, I sometimes question if it was worth the 70K I now have over my head for a long time. [:/]

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Four years plus one semester for two bachelor's degrees (one in mass comm, one in sociology) and a minor in psychology.

Definitely worth it, if for no other reason than more opportunities available.:)
For me, I learned a lot about research & public records that is still very beneficial to me today--especially when my curiosity gets the best of me. I might never ask someone what I want to know (bad manners) but I'm not above looking it up.:D Only takes a few seconds most of the time:P, which is rather scary.:(

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Double majored in Psychology and Marketing. Wrapped it up in a little less than 3 years. I was motivated to double and triple up on my classes to qualify for a significant pay increase once the degree was finished.

8 years to get a Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems. I was working full-time and going to school part-time which is why it took forever to get that degree. It was worth it - while I was in the degree field.

6 1/2 years after I got my bachelors, I went back to school for an additional 2 1/2 years as I've completely changed careers. Completed all the pre-reqs for vet school and ended up with a minor in Biology along the way. :D Completely love what I'm doing, and it was worth the 2 1/2 years of going to school full-time and only working part-time.

Now...I'm just waiting to get into vet school for an addition 3-5 years of school (depending on where I end up).

So, by the time I become a vet, it will be between 13 1/2 - 15 1/2 years of school. :DB|:D

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

3 years of working my butt off so I could finish early. The master's degree took four years, and law school took two and a half.

Worth it? absolutely.

There are a lot of options that can help you finish earlier. Online classes and distance learning can help you work school in around your other responsibilities.

Are you sure you want to change your major? Is it worth the setback? Most businesses (unless you want to go into science or engineering or something) don't really care what your degree is in, only that you have one, so it may not be worth the time delay to change your major.

Four years. I was lucky enough to have scholarships, so there wasn't any real motivation to finish early.

Don't worry about how long it takes though. In the end all that matters is that you have the degree, not how long it took to get it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Four years. I was lucky enough to have scholarships, so there wasn't any real motivation to finish early.

Don't worry about how long it takes though. In the end all that matters is that you have the degree, not how long it took to get it.

I didn't know they gave out scholarships for hotness.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun