brierebecca

Do You Regret Any of Your Tattoos?

I had my first done on my 18th birthday. He actually sang "Happy Birthday" as he pressed the needle into my back.:D:P

I immediately drove to my mutti's work and showed her what I'd done.

I never told my father. He didn't see it until...I think two years later by accident. He just shook his head and asked me if I wanted a glass of wine.

I don't think he knows about my other one. It's never come up in conversation, and even in my teeny bikini it's hidden so....yea, I don't think he knows about it.

:)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I agree there's no magic age.

But, I disagree with the "two-year" policy. I had my first done at 18. Two years later I'd still have wanted one, in fact, I got another just b/c my best friend wouldn't get one unless I went with her and it was quite truly a "Well, I'm here--might as well" scenario.":D

Whether "25" is the magic number or not, somewhere near there is, imo.

No, my life didn't "magically change" at 25. But, certainly when I look back at myself when I was 18 I can see how much my life & things in it have changed.:)

I guess what I'm trying to say is your life is *always* changing. I expect my life will be much different at 35 than it was at 25. So to me, if you want something badly enough that you are willing to wait 2 years to get it AND if you still want the same thing you did 2 years prior it must be more significant than a spur of the moment decision. And looking back on your life it's kind of a memento of where you were when you were that age, even though you've moved beyond it. To me, that part of my life is still a part of me even though I AM much different and in a different place now.

But everyone is different, that's the beauty of it. :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

My ex had three of them. She did have a small regret about one of them on her shoulder. It came out bigger than she hoped it would, and she said that she wouldn't have done it because sometimes she wants to put on a dress and feel "old fashioned feminie" which she said the tattoo just doesn't let her do.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I like te ones I have and will like the ones I'm going to get , I have gien lots of thoughts to them and that they have meaning to me so I'll never regrete them.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

I only have one and I just recently had it done. I love it and I'm already designing number 2.

Here are my thoughts... the tattoo is mine and wether I like it or not the reason I got the tattoo, when I got, where I was and who I was with I had it done are memoried that are gonna stay with me forever...

... I don't really know how to explain it other than to say that I probably wouldn't let someone who I don't really really trust (or plan on keeping in my life) give me their opinion on the design (before I get it done) or let them go with me to get it done... or involve them in the process at all...

a tattoo is mine and so is the memory... much like my time at the gym... I would hate to date a guy, get a tattoo because of something related to him, have the relationship fail ... only to think of him everytime I see that tattoo.... which is the same reason I won't work out with a boyfriend... crazy? probably...

I don't regret getting the tattoo, I really regret where I had it placed. If I could do it again, I wouldn't have had it done in the "tramp stamp" area. Tattoos are a huge no-no in Korea & Japan (yes, still) and anyone who isn't a criminal wouldn't even think of getting one. All the more reason my Mom nearly stroked out when she saw mine.

I've given a lot of thought to having it lasered off and I have an idea for something new in a different location. Shh, don't tell Mom! :D

No. I love all of my tats. My oldest tat is 14 years old. :o:D And, I'm going to be getting 1 more...eventually.

All of my tats were well thought out and things that I know that I will love forever.

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I expect my life will be much different at 35 than it was at 25.

Most definitely it's not been proven by any means, but just based on my own personal experience with elders and what they say was true for them: The biggest & fastest changes always happened in that 15-25'ish decade.

I like you :P and I'm sure your wife looks AMAZING in a dress.:)
Having said that, in general this is my chief complaint about tattoos: When I see a girl who is so beautiful but, she's wearing a sleaveless top and her outfit is very fem and...eeey gosh the tatts!

Mostly it's a girl that works at our favorite local bagel shop. Oh my gosh is she gorgeous--but troubled I imagine--has the whole "misfits" humongous sticker across the back of her car (her car is irony in itself, by the way, but that's another story) and major tattoos up and down both of her arms. She LOVES Cruzer. She is one of their best workers, again SO pretty, but obviously very young and...

Well...all I can say is later in life, for my tastes, she just won't look right in a dress.[:/]

And having said that, I don't wear a dress too often, so good for her.:P

Yes. The one on my right forearm. While OK in the military, its different in the business world. I advise that if one's going to get a tattoo, get it somewhere that can be covered by a polo type shirt or pants. Nothing below the shoulder on the arms. .
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I immediately drove to my mutti's work and showed her what I'd done.

I never told my father. He didn't see it until...I think two years later by accident. He just shook his head and asked me if I wanted a glass of wine.

I never told my parents about my tattoos, but they found out on 'accident.' I've had the one on my back for so long, I didn't think about it when I put on my bikini and went to an amusement park with them. I took off my shirt and the first thing my mother said was, "What the hell is that?" She then proceeded to tell me the color was shitty, the parachute needed to be bigger, etc. I just put my shirt back on and tried to get them to stop bitching. They saw the one on my ankle a few weeks after I got it, but again, I forgot to 'parent proof' myself. Oh well. They know now, and my mother actually said my tramp stamp looks much better now that I got it touched up about a month or two ago. :o

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Yes. The one on my right forearm. While OK in the military, its different in the business world. I advise that if one's going to get a tattoo, get it somewhere that can be covered by a polo type shirt or pants. Nothing below the shoulder on the arms. .

Good point all of mine are above the sleeve area and such just for that reason I got my first one in the military but now I do consulting and glad I thought that one out before hand. 16 years a lot of things have changed in my life but I don’t regret the ones I have.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

I don't have any tattoos because I fear regretting them someday. But I'm considering getting one, just not sure where I'd put it. The design would be very similar to the attached picture.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I have alot of tat .Full sleeve rt.arm scattered on left arm,full back,left calf,rt.calf and 6 on my chest. No regrets on any because they all have a meanig and show where I was in that point of life.
Ther is one that causes me grief with my wife because it was a tat of my ex-wifes name. But even with that one no regrets because taht was a part of my life that made me who I am today,but try to get her to understand it
No Way
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I have three, I'll be geting another one when I get home, possibly two more and I'm still happy with all of them, they're a part of me and fit me really well.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I think when people say, "You'll regret that one day" they really mean, "I'd regret that one day."

It's difficult for some to realize that just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make that opinion wrong.

Thank god we all have different tastes!!

(I think I'm a french vanilla with a chocolate syrup twist).:P

I guess what I'm trying to say is your life is *always* changing. I expect my life will be much different at 35 than it was at 25. So to me, if you want something badly enough that you are willing to wait 2 years to get it AND if you still want the same thing you did 2 years prior it must be more significant than a spur of the moment decision. And looking back on your life it's kind of a memento of where you were when you were that age, even though you've moved beyond it. To me, that part of my life is still a part of me even though I AM much different and in a different place now.

But everyone is different, that's the beauty of it. :)

Yeah....for YEARS I wanted a turtle tattoo on my ankle. Years. Now I'm SOOOOO glad I don't have a turtle on my ankle. That would really look stupid. What was I thinking????

I bet my ex HATES his tattoo with my initials on his chest. But I certainly didn't encourage him to have it drawn there.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I bet my ex HATES his tattoo with my initials on his chest. But I certainly didn't encourage him to have it drawn there.

I have a Picture of an EX Tattooed on my Right Shoulder. Got that one done 15 years ago. Haven’t seen or talked to her in all that time. I do not regret it at all. It is a beautiful Picture and part of past. Nothing to regret there.

:P

I actually posted it a long time ago and I don't think I deleted it...

Of course, if you search I'm sure once you discover you'll find your exploration was all in vain (no way to tell where it is by the picture.:P).

I'd post it again, but I deleted it from my saved pictures a long time ago.

For those who are actually interested, it's a half-moon/half-sun together forming a circle about the size of a nickel with little wings outstretched on each side.B| It's located just a few inches below the inside of my left hip-bone, and just a couple inches above Ms. Virginia.:$:P

The one mentioned above is the one no-one ever sees except Billy.;)

It's the one on my back--"tramp stamp" as it were--that can be seen in a bikini. I had it strategically placed there when I was a lifeguard and had both a speedo tan line and a bikini tan line. There was about an inch of space in-between the two tan lines so I had it placed there so you could see it when I wore a bikini, but not when I was working and in my Speedo.B|

Only later did I realize that every girl and her mom gets her first tat there and the whole tramp association.[:/] That one is a hibiscus flower about the size of a nickel with little ocean waves coming out from each side of it.:P I was such a cool little surfer/wakeboarding chick in those days.:DB|

I don't regreat my tattoos per se, however, I would change them a little bit if I could.

Agreed. My only gripe is that the army didn't offer free laser removal when I decided one of mine sucked. Instead it took two separate coverups to make me happy. The downside is that it's much darker than I would like. I would have MUCH rather had the original one lasered off and just had a clean slate to work with.

I have alot of ink.

Shari,

That's pretty funny that your parents were pissed. I got mine (I've got 2...one small rose on my ankle and a large one on my hip) when I was 25. The one large one is on my hip, so not many people see it these days...can't remember the last time I was at the beach, since I started skydiving.

Anyway, the reason I responded to you, Shari. I was visiting my mom and she walks in on me as I'm getting out of the shower and went balistic...immediately started spouting that I was going to have it removed, blah, blah, blah... I looked here square in the face and said, "I'm an adult, I paid for it out of my own money and I don't regret doing it."

I looked for a tattoo artist for 7 years to see what I wanted as I saw it in my mind. The night I found the guy that saw it as I did (he drew it on a bar napkin just like that), we left the bar (we both had just gotten there, he was a friend of mine's friend) and went to his shop (he opened up just for me) and we did it....three hours later I had a great tat. After 17 years, I'd like to have it touched up, but not changed, still love it.

I don't have any tattoos because I fear regretting them someday. But I'm considering getting one, just not sure where I'd put it. The design would be very similar to the attached picture.

Senatus Populusque Romanus - The Senate and the Roman people. i think it's still on the coat of arms of the city of rome.

i'm more into celtic/nordic motives, just too bad that those have sort of been hijacked by the extreme right.