RkyMtnHigh

Mr. Fishie is Happy, Healthy, and Horny!!!

I got a Beta Fish about a week ago and have been really careful to not over-feed him, check the water temp, and change and condition his water, but today I noticed excess bubbles in the top of his bowl next to the new philodendrum plant that I added to his bowl. I was worried that I had a sick fish on my hands, but found this article:
http://www.nippyfish.net/bubblenests.html

Looks like the bubble nests are a sign that Mr. Fishie is happy, healthy, and horny!:D

So why do you keep him in a martini glass? Looks like you're about to serve him as a dinner appetizer.[:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So why do you keep him in a martini glass? Looks like you're about to serve him as a dinner appetizer.[:/]

Disclaimer: PETA members do not read the following.

Hey Yoder! What a great idea for a boogie!
I'll set a martini glass of goldfish or neons out at the next boogie to see how many are missing the morning after an evening of drunk skydiver festivities:ph34r:

I got a Beta Fish about a week ago and have been really careful to not over-feed him, check the water temp, and change and condition his water, but today I noticed excess bubbles in the top of his bowl next to the new philodendrum plant that I added to his bowl. I was worried that I had a sick fish on my hands, but found this article:

Looks like the bubble nests are a sign that Mr. Fishie is happy, healthy, and horny!:D

If you truly love this Betta, get it out of the glass and into a tank. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

But betas are mud fish, and are used to living in tiny conditions such as martini glass. It should be happy the water is clean, and not just a small pile of muddy water.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

But betas are mud fish, and are used to living in tiny conditions such as martini glass. It should be happy the water is clean, and not just a small pile of muddy water.

The bubble nests didn't begin until I added the philodandrum to the glass. According to what I've read, beta like to begin the mating process around the edge of leaves and such. Mr Fishie seems really happy with his new environment.

Get him a mirror so he can check himself out from time to time. ;)
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I know these are blurry, but it is the martini glass with the plant. The last pic shows the bubble nests under the leaf of the plant symbolizing that he's in "mating mode".

I wonder if realize that we can see your reflection in the glass ...naked! :$
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

They jump. It is generally a smart idea with a cover, just a tip.

They can be a little agressive too, especially the males, and especially if the space and hiding places are limited.

I'd keep him alone. They're actually quite fragile. Fierce, but fragile.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

They can be a little agressive too, especially the males, and especially if the space and hiding places are limited.

One tip. NEVER put two males in together. They will immediately try to KILL each other! :o

Heeeeeey....(idea BINGS in head) How about a Beta Fight club? Bring your Beta, winner gets the cash... oh, it's illegal? Vick got busted for running dogfights?

crud.... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I got a Beta Fish about a week ago

So if this fish is the Beta, when will the final production release be available?:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

One tip. NEVER put two males in together. They will immediately try to KILL each other! :o
.... :D

Actually, putting two males together is not that bad. A friend of mine and some of his buddies got drunk one night, thought it would be an awesome idea to put two male bettas together to watch them "duke it out." About two hours later, they got bored watching them do nothing, so they put the other one back in his original tank. Quite uneventful to say the least. :|

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Actually, putting two males together is not that bad. A friend of mine and some of his buddies got drunk one night, thought it would be an awesome idea to put two male bettas together to watch them "duke it out." About two hours later, they got bored watching them do nothing, so they put the other one back in his original tank. Quite uneventful to say the least. :|

I think that's because they were both GAY!

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That's quite the exception and probably had more to do with the owner's ineptitude in keeping them healthy. Healthy Betas will fight until all of their opponent's fins are gone and the loser usually never fully recovers.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher