ryan_d_sucks

Underagers drink at your DZ?

Do you have jumpers at your DZ who are underage? How does the DZO, or whoever is in charge of the night-time activities approach their wanting to join in with the festivities?

Being only 20, but a pretty good beer drinker I'm curious to see how other DZs handle this situation. And given that I bring beer for my firsts, I'd be bummed if I couldn't enjoy one at the end of the day. I say if they're not stupid about-- Personally, I don't think responsibility and age necessarily go hand-in-hand.

I know at my DZ, underagers don't have to bring beer for their firsts. They can bring soda or food. I'm tellin' ya, those college student jumpers LOVE the food.

As for whether they drink, this IS Wisconsin. :D

Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

I know at my DZ, underagers don't have to bring beer for their firsts. They can bring soda or food. I'm tellin' ya, those college student jumpers LOVE the food.

Are you saying they dring Cheese... cause that's what I think of when you say "...this IS Wisconsin"

:P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I'm not a big fan of it at all; Look, most DZ's walk on thin wires with their airport board. We are lucky to have a good relationship, but the last thing our sport needs is a bunch of MIP or MIC charges to reflect poorly on us....
=========Shaun ==========

20 isn't underage. It isn't underage for anything. Having 21 years age limit for buying beer is just silly. That's not MHO, that's a fact.;)

On the other hand, we have 16 year olds who jump, and some of them drink. And some of them are stupid about it, but on the other hand, that goes for older jumpers as well. I don't know. Alcohol poisoning in a 16 year old would suck.

:S

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Are you saying they dring Cheese... cause that's what I think of when you say "...this IS Wisconsin"

:P

Shhhhh don't give them ideas. They might come up with some sort of cheese beer. :S
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

Its a liability issue. I doubt anyone drives around our campground checking IDs, and I'm not suggesting they should, but if the DZ is serving or selling alcohol, they have a responsibility to follow the law and card appropriately.

Personally I think there should be some sort of common sense test for ANYONE that wants to drink... regardless of age... :P:D sort of like Bill Engval's "Stupid" people signs...

Bartender: "I'm sorry... you can't have any boose..."
Patron: "What?!? Why not!?!"
Bartender: "You failed the common sense test!!! I'm gonna have to ask you to leave..."

Of course isn't the arguement agaisnt underage drinking (i.e. under 21) more for biological reasons... i.e. brain development or something similar?

I swear I read that somewhere.

Our dz is a very "beer friendly" place, but most of the underage jumpers don't drink. I would say NO for legal reasons, but that certaintly won't stop some people. I don't know many dz's that cops make routine "stops" in to check on who's drinking.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Do you have jumpers at your DZ who are underage? How does the DZO, or whoever is in charge of the night-time activities approach their wanting to join in with the festivities?

Being only 20, but a pretty good beer drinker I'm curious to see how other DZs handle this situation. And given that I bring beer for my firsts, I'd be bummed if I couldn't enjoy one at the end of the day. I say if they're not stupid about-- Personally, I don't think responsibility and age necessarily go hand-in-hand.

Since I am not a dzo I don't mind turning a blind eye.

But do tell, what the hell is up with your name and avitar?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

being only 20, if i travel to another DZ, i try to make a point to just ask somebody what the policy is at that particular DZ before i indulge in a tasty beverage...
its usually cool but i would never just assume so...

Is that better? Maybe worse? Now not only is there under age drinking going on at the dz, the management gave it the green light.

I am undecided.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I think you go to a different Skydive Wissota than I do. Underagers aren't required to bring beer. They are required to give cash to someone to go buy the beer for them. B|

Our drinking is 18 here and there aren't any jumpers under 18 so we're cool :)

Ours is 18 aswell but we DO have jumpers younger than 18,
When i ran the bar, I would not serve or supply any booze to an under 18
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Just my opinion: If, at age 18, you are old enough to decide to join the military and get sent to war, are old enough to get married, are old enough to skydive, old enough to decide to work a job that is "dangerous", old enough to be tried for crimes as an "adult", old enough to fuck on film or pose nude in a magazine, and old enough to use tobacco in any of its forms, then what the FUCK is our government thinking by saying you have to live 3 more years before you are old enough to drink alcohol?????

Booze is the ONLY thing in this country that requires you to be 21. You get all the other benefits/burdons at age 18.
Oh, sorry I forgot....you have to be 25 to rent a car. :S>:(:S

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Drinking while under the legal age limit in your state?

You're endangering everyone around you to the possibility of legal action against them.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...justify all you want. Bottom line is bottom line.

Pot?
Jim West would LOVE to catch you doing that at his DZ from what I understand.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Here at Skydive Suffolk, we are a stones throw away form Norfolk and all that mega huge military areas. We have jumpers who are <21 who drink beer and are responsible for ensuring these beverages get bought when their name is on the beer board.

A lot of these guys are active duty navy, marines, army, whatever. Many of them deploy overseas in submarines, to Iraq, you name it. Some of our jumpers are more senior military personnel who (at work) would punish junior military guys for underage drinking but at the DZ, we're all skydivers and age is not important. If these guys can go out there, and possibly not come back, why not let them enjoy a Sam Adams after the last load of the day? Here in Va it's been upwards of 100F. They need a cold one too.

We also have at least one jumper who is a police officer. However, when he is at the dropzone, he is not at work. He is not a cop at the dropzone.

I'm sure if there were behavioral problems surrounding an underage persons drinking habits out policies may have to be reviewed but that has yet to be a problem.

I have definitely bought beer for an underage jumper who owed beer but could not purchase himself. I would do it again too.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Here in Va it's been upwards of 100F. They need a cold one too.

Ok... to be annoying... but a beer is likely to have more negative side effects then positive ones in Hot weather... :S

It really bothers me for some reason when people say this sort of thing... :D

OK... I got that off my chest... :$:) I'll go back to my corner now... :P

dude... for a while i was the youngest jumper at my dz (i was nineteen) and i drank at my dz and gave money for beer whenever i owed... my dzo had pulled the plug on my drinking for getting a little too outta hand a couple of times but because i would stay there at night and not drive anywhere... noone really minded...