CSpenceFLY

Reguarding the Dublin Boogie

My, My My....spritzy today, eh?

So why not just carry on in the "not-legal" mode as always?

I seriously doubt that the police will be marching through looking for booze.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

-the most popular photos seem to be of women in the early stages of pregnancy, mud-wresting, and/or holding a can of beer and a cigarette with one hand. They must know one another because they all seem to have divided up the same rebel flag to sew their bikinis.

Is this your idea of "family-friendly?" You can keep it! The skydivers never behaved this badly.

Well done, John, well done! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So why not just carry on in the "not-legal" mode as always?

I seriously doubt that the police will be marching through looking for booze.

That's just way too big of a risk. I saw them get all "Quincy" on us last year, what's to stop them from doing it again? [:/]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!! :D:D ooo I can't wait!

Can't wait for Elbow and Freighttrain to come over from Georgia and gum me to death in their commando overalls?!

who what?? do I know you?? hmmm....mysterious..
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

Good friend of mine. :)

Hey, Breather, I've told you so many times before, a couple of gangbangs set up on the internet does not make us "good friends," otherwise, I would have hundreds of you so-called "good-friends."

You're just a number.

"Gizmoe," just added you...
Roll Tide Roll

When considering locations, consider "The Farm" model and find an airport with nearby private land we could use as our landing/camping/packing/party area. We'd just shuttle people to the airport and keep just enough people there to load and fuel the planes.

This way the only thing you need at the airport is the Jet-A and don't have to worry about county/city policies. This may even allow us to go to a bigger town with more hotels and restaurants. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

You mean like this?? I am a dumbass but not all the time.:D

Let the page load.

http://www.13wmaz.com/

no Chirs not like that, that article makes the "group" seem petty

This group has been offended by this and said,' well, we just won't come back. You know, if you're not gonna let us have alcohol, we're not coming back

What i mean is write a letter explaining all the good that the boogie has brought over the 4 years, and address the things like "family friendly" and "drunken brawls" etc..
And eplxain that the authorities were made aware that alcohol would be there from the outset.

There are several that have written letters. It will be interesting to see which ones get printed as you know the paper agrees with their decision.

My response to some of the comments on channel 13 web site.

This is Chris Spence.Just to hit on a few points.
-Yes you can have fun without alcohol, I do it on a daily basis.
-Moving the party from the airport is not an option for several reasons. One of which is I spend alot of money on the tents that are put up at the airport and the money is simply not there to set up more somewhere else.
-I was completely upfront about the entire event from the beginning. I did not hide any facts about this after hours party.
-The party was after hours and after the spectators were gone.Can I say that I'm 100% sure there was no drinking during the day? No, I can't. In a crowd of that size it would be impossible to be sure. Just as you all can not be 100% sure your kids are not doing drugs or there are no guns in their schools.
-If I had known about this policy I never would have held the event there. Part of a skydiving event like this is the nightly party and it is part of what made this a success.
-I was content to just go away until the Dublin paper chose to paint us as a bunch of brawling drunks which is not the case.
-They are entitled to their rules and policys but if they are going to have them they should not pick and choose which ones and when they are going to enforce them
-I am in no way embarrassed about what I have done. I planned and held a world class skydiving event with all aspects laid out from the beginning.Over the years we raised money for the animal shelter and also the US womens 4-way skydiving team when they were going to the world meet.World record holders came to Dublin because of this event.We supplied several hundred people with their first taste of skydiving with a tandem jump over their home town,several of which went on to become licenced skydivers. And we put on a heck of a show for many thousands that came out to watch the canopies in the air over their fine town

Hey Spence, are you focused on keeping the boogie in the south???

Loreto Mexico (Baja Peninsula - on Cortez side) was INCREDIBLY hospitable towards us when we were there for the PST boogie. Hell the Governor of Baja, and Mayor of Loreto threw us a party!

Just a thought....

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Dude, get on the horn with the Irish Parachuting Club in Shannon, Ireland. Explain how someone wants you to have a "dry" St. Paddy's Day and when they are done laughing (that could take days), They'll let you set it up in the Emerald Isle!!!!! I AM THERE!!!!!

After the event you must send the local Irish Times or whatever straight to the Dublin, GA Town Council.

Here's the link http://www.skydive.ie.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Spence, If I was in you shoes.......I would focus your energy and efforts on finding a welcoming facility to host your St. Patty's Boogie. Dublin should become a bittersweet memory for you and the skydiving community. Press forward. Better things are ahead.
A coordinated call for the responsible will lighten the load for you. You will get the support you are in need of. Go for it. We are behind you.
Believe in the good. Never fear the bad. Peace

www.skydivethefarm.com
People are crazy. Cuz there's more of 'em.

That place scares me.

You can say that Twice Times, My Brotha.

You know the Rules,
1) No Strippers
2) No Red Heads
3) No women from Alabama!

The secrets to a peaceful life.:P:D

ah that explains a few years... i was breaking all 3 with the same chick...

Yea.. But it is still in Alabama.[:/]

:P:D

that far north it pretty much counts as Tennessee.. one of the hottest chicks i've ever met was born and raised in Mentone (well at least until we saved her) ;)

Yea.. But it is still in Alabama.[:/]

:P:D

that far north it pretty much counts as Tennessee.. one of the hottest chicks i've ever met was born and raised in Mentone (well at least until we saved her) ;)

By that reasoning, the Farm is far enough West to count as being here in Alabama!:ph34r:
Roll Tide Roll

i believe we could exit in alabama and still make it to the farm. As for redneck hillybillys we just have peanut that visits once a year.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?