CSpenceFLY

Reguarding the Dublin Boogie

Here is how small town America thanks you for bringing people into their town.I have a couple of attachments also but I need to adjust their size.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?show=archivedetails&pnpid=909&om=5&ArchiveID=1299266&requesttimeout=100

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?show=archivedetails&pnpid=909&om=5&ArchiveID=1299817&requesttimeout=100

Contact info for Letters to the Editor:
The Courier Herald
c/o Forum
Drawer B, CSS
Dublin, GA 31040

or email to
[email protected]

Letters mailed must be signed to be considered for publication. Please include a telephone number.

You know, I want to write a letter so badly, but at the same time I think it would be a waste of time - besides, no doubt they would edit my writing anyway, and that is unacceptable.

I just love it when people start touting "family friendly."

In my mind, I have conjured images from "The Village."
Roll Tide Roll

Chris,
That just about sucks the big one! For some reason I think the county soliciter(lawyer) is involed in this decision. Any plans for having it elsewhere?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

I'm flabbergasted. Absolutely NO alcohol??? Not even if we set up an after-hours rule like no alcohol before 9 or 10 pm???

No? Well fuck them. We'll just take our money elsewhere, and hope that you guys can be better restrained and behaved with the alcohol. Yeah, have a few and have a good time, but don't get all out drunk and get stupid. :S It's one big reason why Quincy kicked the WFFC out. I saw enough crazy shit that one year I went. I remember one night some asshole stole a golf cart and ran it right through tent city, running over and knocking over tents with people sleeping inside! B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Family friendly, when everyone must be at least 18 to participate :S

This is about duty of care and possibly litigation If the coucil condones the use of booze.

the previous 4 years they could have always denied any knowledge that booze was there. after last year they can no longer plead ignorant.

No big surprises here at all
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm so sorry to hear that it won't be happening this year, Chris. I'm so glad that I was able to go last year, and I was looking forward to this year's event!!! You did a great job organizing this event, and I hope that I'll be able to make some of your events in the future!!!!!

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

What exactly does "after hours" mean... does that mean we can drink all day??? :P

Sorry Spence~ that's pretty fucked!!!

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

While that sucks ass that your 4yrs working to build this is messed up now, but your name is the "roming DZ" so it sounds like to me you need to get back to roming around, ya can't tell me that in sounthern GA that you can't find another more :D skydiver friendly city to host your event.

How-a-bout Americus or Unadilla, Hawkinsville, Eastman, Fort Valley etc.? In todays tough economics times I'm sure you can find a boogie friendly cash starved small town to welcome your sky party and your ground party even in redneckville central/southern GA. just keep on trucking Spence don't let it get you down & PARTY ON DUDE!;)

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

County manager Brian Rogers said that the county policy was that no alcohol was to be present at county events.

Was it really a county event? Isn't it a public event on county property? So no public or private event on county land can have alcohol? Can I have a beer at a private picnic in a county park?

Sorry to hear this. I always loved the Dublin Boogie and appreciated all the work you put into it. Not only will the local businesses miss us, but the local charities we raised money for will too. :(
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I am sure Chris knows already, but as I see it, the problem with these remote locations is whether or not they can support the fuel needed - probably more specifically, the jet fuel.
A lot of the smaller airport don't carry it for the very same reasons that they would probably welcome an event such as this: no one else comes there, and they welcome the recognition and the money.

As for the golf cart tent massacre Billy was talking about, that guy should have had his own blanket party. It wouldn't take but one, and he'd find something else to do from now on to entertain himself.
Roll Tide Roll

Four years at the airport.
Four years of spectators and their kids having a great time.
Four years of skydivers on their 'best' behavior.
Four years of no nakedness, skin jumps, overt/excessive profanity in front of the public.

Four years of beer after hours,
Four years of us waiting until the public leaves to have our fun.
I don't recall hearing anything about DUI's after hours.
I don't recall hearing anything about problems, arrests in town, fights with the local population.
Even last year when the spotlight was on us the Red Cup Brigade was in full force and there were no arrests or disturbances at the airport.

We didn't trash the hotels.
We didn't tear up the local restaurants and bars.
We didn't go weaving through the streets plastered.

Now we're compared to drunken brawls without that family atmosphere and parents aren't comfortable bringing their kids.

I'm really not sure how to feel about that.

To cover a few points.

This is not a case of skydivers that got out of control.This is a case of the rules changing in the middle of the game.

I have not made a decision yet as far as the future of the event.I know I am unable to shoulder the financial gamble any longer.

Jay, I have no idea what they mean by county sponsored.We have recieved nothing from the county unlike other events during the St. Patricks celebration.

Oh well.. I guess Dublin would rather be known for the Annual Redneck Games as their big tourist attraction of the year.:S
Now thats entertainment!!B|

The Redneck Games is a dry event? That's either blasphemy or bullshit. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.