Amazon

$25 per Flight for turbine aircraft.

Sooo are you ready for jump prices to jump a whole bunch.

I know its a repost.. but lets put it whereMORE people will actually sound off ...let them know how you feel or that $25 per FLIGHT will soon be a reality for EVERY turbine DZ.

https://www.aopa.org/faafundingdebate/petition_form.cfm

YES you can sign it without being an AOPA member.

signed....i was the 46,969th person to sign it!

Wow, it told me I was the 41,703rd...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Its up by about 40 since I signed it.. at 46,961

I hate spurious user fees...I could see it for all the cross country business or commercial learjets.. but for skydiving????

Another really stupid attack by run away bureaucrats.

Uh.. that is added ONTO the jump ticketrs of the people in the airplane...a surcharge above and beyond what is already being charged.
Our Porter with 8 people would have to split that for EACH jump.. as well as the regular jump ticket price...

$25 :o Thats cheap!

Per flight! Take SD Alabama's King Air, usually with 8 or 10 people per lift on a Friday afternoon, that's $25/jump instead of $22 (I'm rounding up). Then, they take a loss if they only have a lift with 7 folks on board. If I were Jon, I'd close up and wait for the weekend. On top of $4/gal for Jet A in some areas...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Its already at $25 at many DZ in this country. This would just be an add on to pay for improved bureacratic salaries....uh I mean imporvements to air safety...uh I mean airports..... you get the idea

FAA bill
Raise general aviation gasoline taxes 366 percent to 70.1 cents per gallon (jet fuel is increased from 21.9 to 70.1 cents per gallon)

Allow the FAA to impose user fee charges on GA aircraft flying in Class B airspace
Allow the FAA to charge landing fees at some 215 airports
Charge the airlines user fees, instead of taxes, and reduce the amount the airlines pay to the federal government
Create an airline-dominated board to help set user fee rates and run the air traffic control system

Senate bill
$25 per flight fee for turbine-powered aircraft flying in controlled airspace to raise money for air traffic control modernization trust fund
Tax increase on Jet A for non-commercial aviation, up to 49 cents-per-gallon.
Tax decrease for the airlines, removing current 4.3 cents per gallon airline fuel tax
Avgas tax remains the same
Industry-government board to direct spending from the ATC trust fund
Allow the FAA to set fees and spending with no recourse to Congress or the courts. (View the text of the Next Generation Air Transportation System Financing Reform Act of 2007.)

Were allready paying 25 per jump ticket

And if this bill goes through, you and everyone else on the load will be splitting a $25 user charge... every load of every day.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706