VanillaSkyGirl

Flashback to the 80s! Post pics...

Still have the outfit? :)

Could do a now/then perspective. ;)

Guys will do lots of dumb embarrassing things for women, doesn't always mean they are gay. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Still have the outfit?

Could do a now/then perspective.

Guys will do lots of dumb embarrassing things for women, doesn't always mean they are gay.

Don't still have the outfit...I wonder what I did with it?

No, Todd's defininately gay. His way of telling me was calling me to let me know he'd met the love of his life online--and that the new love was leaving his wife and children so that they could be together.

By then, I'd pretty much suspected it, and had given numerous hints that it would make no difference to me at all. He waited a long time before coming out, but then he went ALL out!!:)

>:(>:(>:(:P

And by the way, those are some nice legs. :)

:$:$:$:)

those shorts are so wrong i cant begin to explain:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Here I am 86-89 and 90 I am still looking for the classic big hair picture I have. When I find it I will post it.

:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Me in the late '80's...:|

Holy Bejesus, that was funny! :D

But hopefully this thread won't inspire me to have any stupid ideas about opening that box of photos in the closet... and scanning some of those pictures from the 80s, with my big bleached-blonde hair and excessive eye liner. :| (Though it probably will. :D Nice thread, Rosa!)

Did you listen to Bon Jovi ?

NO, I used to hate Bon jovi. I listened to the heavy stuff. overkill, testament magedeth, metalicca, etc.

some of the hiar bands were ok , but not my musical liking.

equivalent to todays boy bands IMO.
My photos

My Videos

Part of my 80's were spent in the Marines and the other half in college while working full-time. I can't match Rosa's for being enchanting, but maybe for intrigue. The first shot is off the coast of Colombia where my unit had the opportunity to work with Colombian Special Forces. I don't know which, but one of the black t-shirted SF operatives shown in the photo drowned a week after this photo was taken when he parachuted into a lake. I am third from the right.
The second photo shows my elation after winning a rifle shooting match between Zaireans and select members of my unit. I (and others in my unit) hadn't zeroed our M16s in months (at sea) so I was really surprised I'd won. What was scary was that the Zaireans were very good shooters. They were an exceptionally friendly people though, lots of hugs and handshakes.

You're always the starter in your own life!

I'm sorry... I know these guys are total badasses ... but there's just something about a Special Forces guy in hotpants that makes him difficult to take seriously.

Then again, that was the style. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

OK, I'll play.

Looking back, I really don't have embarrassing pics as far as my clothing and hair go because I was a Prep which translates to boring. My clothes were as boring then as they are now! :ph34r:

In the 1981 pic, I was 16. I loved that sweater because it was preppy pink and green AND it had a monogram on it. It was the trifecta! Check out the add-a-bead necklace. Did anyone else have one of those? The beads ended up getting kinks in them before you ever filled the necklace! I'm sure the ensemble was finished off with chinos and Topsiders because that's just how exciting I was. I'm sure it's no surprise that I never got any dates with that look. :P

The swimming pic is the way that I spent 11 years of my life. At that size, I was constantly told that I was too fat by my parents and coaches. It's no wonder I have a poor body image now. :S

The third pic is with my best friend the day before I got married at the tender age of 20. I look at how tan I was and wish that I could turn back time and wear some sunscreen. I look at my wrinkled skin now and realize I was such an idiot!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon