freethefly

For folks who like motorcycles

Back to working on the worlds fastest Norton (stroked from a 750 to a 1000). Paint is finished. Now comes the goodies. I'm kinda stuck between whether I like the apehangers or the dragbars. Either way she looks good. Just looking for opinion on which looks best. All goes well, I'll be back my baby by spring.:)
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Back to working on the worlds fastest Norton (stroked from a 750 to a 1000). Paint is finished. Now comes the goodies. I'm kinda stuck between whether I like the apehangers or the dragbars. Either way she looks good. Just looking for opinion on which looks best. All goes well, I'll be back my baby by spring.:)

I agree with Eman, Drag bars for sure!;)

Sweet bike!

I'm going to break with the crowd here and vote for the apes. I've always liked ape hangers, and handling with drag bars sucks balls.
Drag bars were on an old bike I bought a long time ago...the bars and the front tire (and old Avon with a huge center ridge) were the first things to go.

nice sled either way.
I also LOVE your garage. That's exactly where real men park their sleds!;)

Don't those ape things hurt your shoulders/arms after awhile? Or, is it like women and high heels...you do it cuz it looks good?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Don't those ape things hurt your shoulders/arms after awhile? Or, is it like women and high heels...you do it cuz it looks good?

Honestly, apes hurt less than drag bars for me, but it also depends on the size of the apes, personal preference and body size. For me, I'm leaning way forward to get to my drag bars, so apes are next on my list. some states have regulations on bar height. That must be taken into account as well.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

just pretend they're stirrups and assume the position!

Reminding a girl of the gynecologist isn't really a turn-on. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

just pretend they're stirrups and assume the position!

Reminding a girl of the gynecologist isn't really a turn-on. :P

Depends on if you dream about your gynecologist or not.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

hammy
Christina and I both like the drag bars.

I like the parking spot as well, reminds me of when I got rid of my dining room table so I had more rigging space.. needless to say that did not go over well with that girlfriend of the time, and maybe thats one of the reasons why she left.. but I had more room and that was fine with me!

Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Some mid-rise z-bars would look HOT on that bike. Then again, I like z-bars.

Beyond that, I'd go with the apes. Everyone is doing dragbars now, why be like everyone else. With such a cool bike, a Norton chop, don't follow the crowd.

Submit it to The Horse BC when you're done, see if they put some pictures in the magazine.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Apes, definitely. Had drag bars on my ol' 74 850 Commando, looked right for the bike. As you have a rigid frame, I think the Apes set it off better. For the record, I run 10" apes (no risers) on my '57 Matchless (strutted, with solo/p-pad), and 10" Twisted Z's on my 99 Buell X-1 (Rigid, 38º rake, etc.) - Those big tall apes look very cool, and certainly you can save on deodorant ridin on the hot summer dayz. I think they might not be the most comfortable on a long ride, but that's just me. To each his own. I like my arms straight out (rather than up or down) to ride most comfortably.
Strafing field mice, twice an hour.

I vote drag bars for 2 reasons - I like them better than ape hangers for looks and comfort, and ape hangers are illegal in several states - drive that thing in my state (TN) with hangers and thats a pretty hefty ticket (over $100) :S

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

I vote drag bars for 2 reasons - I like them better than ape hangers for looks and comfort, and ape hangers are illegal in several states - drive that thing in my state (TN) with hangers and thats a pretty hefty ticket (over $100) :S

Apes aren't illegal... there's a height limit. For some states there is no limit. CA says no more than 6" above the shoulder. FL, AZ, NV, and other states say no higher than the shoulder. I just checked on your state. TN has no handlebar height requirement.