BillyVance

Scooping water out of Lake Elsinore

This is one of the Mars water bombers from Sproat Lake working the recent fires in California. Talk about close to the surface operations. The pictures tell it all. Coulson Logging work out of Port Alberni and also own Crown Isle Golf course in the Comox Valley.

It's really a reservoir rather than a lake and at this time of year with no rain for months the reservoir is low and marginal for Mars ops. Every inch of the lake is needed to do pickups which normally take 25 - 30 seconds depending on conditions.

These pics show C-FLYL (Hawaii Mars) flying the approach for a pickup.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Which is all good and well, until they accidentally scoop up a scuba diver! :o Didn't that actually happen somewhere else?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Do they have some plan in place to keep scuba divers out of the water intake? I heard that happened once and the scuba diver ended up getting dropped into the fire ! ;)

Peace,
-Jeff.

Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

This is one of the Mars water bombers from Sproat Lake working the recent fires in California. Talk about close to the surface operations. The pictures tell it all. Coulson Logging work out of Port Alberni and also own Crown Isle Golf course in the Comox Valley.

It's really a reservoir rather than a lake and at this time of year with no rain for months the reservoir is low and marginal for Mars ops. Every inch of the lake is needed to do pickups which normally take 25 - 30 seconds depending on conditions.

These pics show C-FLYL (Hawaii Mars) flying the approach for a pickup.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Which is all good and well, until they accidentally scoop up a scuba diver! :o Didn't that actually happen somewhere else?

that was so cool to see in person....one of the best aspects of our trip down there:)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Those are awesome pix. I can't believe how close you guys were.

I didn't take the pictures. Got them from 2fat2fly, who got them from someone else. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Why does the shadow of the guy with the kid go one way & the shadow of the plane go the other????

The shadow on the fusalage looks right, but does the shadow of the plan in the water look right?

I know this could be a real picture, it's just the sahdow in the water that looked a bit strange, but probably not.