alanab

2007 Honda CR-V

Anyone have one? I've been wanting one for some time now, I just don't know how it would handle in the mountains with snow. I don't like that it's a 4 cylinder and the 4WD is self activated. I do like everything else about them. I have test drivin one as well, but not in the snowy mountains. I just can't stand thinking about another winter in my 2001 civic. Maybe snow tires would do the trick?

Just wanting to see if anyone has one or knows anything more about their handling.

Is that the mini SUV? I don't know anything about them except a former co-worker has one. But for Colorado? I'd rather go with something bigger and stronger.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

hola banana!

i have the crv 2006 and LOVE it. it is a fantastic car. i've taken it on plenty of road trips and through snow, etc. in fact, it's already got over 20,000 miles in one year. the gas milage is great, it handles excellent in tricky road conditions, you can sleep in it, and it's generally very comfortable. i personally swept up a 2006 just before the 07 model came out because i liked the look of it better. all in all, couldn't be happier with the purchase.

oh, and one more thing... hondas last forever.

I tried an earlier one (not 2007) and in my opinion it was not as good as my Landrover Freelander (similar class of car) but then I'm biased towards Landies and Diesel in particular (seemed to have more torque and traction) - way.... way.... way better Off-Road.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I tried an earlier one (not 2007) and in my opinion it was not as good as my Landrover Freelander (similar class of car) but then I'm biased towards Landies and Diesel in particular (seemed to have more torque and traction) - way.... way.... way better Off-Road.

There is one key difference...
Honda leads, Land Rover trails miles behind in reliability survey

I think the Honda CR-V's are sharp looking vehicles and I would buy one if I were in the market for an "economy" SUV. A Toyota RAV-4 would be my second choice.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

(1) For Petrol I'd agree but not for Diesel.

(2) Neither of those are as good Off-Road (The Suzuki is good BTW) ... and if you are not going to leave the tarmac... dont even bother to get a 4x4 (SUV to you folks:P).

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

(1) For Petrol I'd agree but not for Diesel.

(2) Neither of those are as good Off-Road (The Suzuki is good BTW) ... and if you are not going to leave the tarmac... dont even bother to get a 4x4 (SUV to you folks:P).

Pretty much everybody who lives in Colorado can count on driving on something other than tarmac during the winter. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I've got a '97 CRV with 120,000 miles on it.

I really like this car! Been a great size car for roadtrips with two people and large dog. It has pretty good gas mileage for being a mini-suv (~25 mpg) and it is such a reliable car.

My car has made it up to the firetower at lost prairie. Not an easy drive!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure about newer models, but mine has all wheel drive and seems to handle really great.

Yeah, it has less power and that is noticeable when doing stuff like passing someone while going up hill, but that is not something that I personally really care about. So I go a little slower - not a big deal.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

karen, thanks for the info! thats the kind of response i'm looking for. i would also like to hear from anyone who's got one of the new models because i know there are some changes.
you say it has less powers and it's noticeable going up hill while passing... but do you think it would be a problem going up hill in the mountains in snow, while in traffic? my civic sure does piss people off in this situation!

BUy a Suburu

Alana, absolutely do not buy a Subaru

http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/otherfunstuff/tp/LesbianCars.htm

Alana, listen to Iwan. He knows everything there is to know about being gay.
:D:D

(.. I couldn't resist :P)

Gay. Californian. Not much difference. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

BUy a Suburu

Alana, absolutely do not buy a Subaru

http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/otherfunstuff/tp/LesbianCars.htm

Alana, listen to Iwan. He knows everything there is to know about being gay.
:D:D

(.. I couldn't resist :P)

Ouch!:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.