ACMESkydiver

Post Some of Your Favorite Quotes

"You fucked up. You trusted us."

Hardbar to Flounder in Hardbar's shop, after the road trip in Animal House.

The remains of Flounder's brothers Lincoln were part of the scene.

I have worked for companies that seemed to follow that quote as a business model.

You worked at ASC?:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

" Hey, what the fuck is th........." - Mayor of Hiroshima

That was right when his wife said "Wow, pretty ligh . . . . . ."
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"That which hurts, also instructs."
~Ben Franklin

Hm. When I was an instructor, we re-worded it to "Pain reinforces the learning experience."

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

~Ben Franklin

Hm. When I was an instructor, we re-worded it to "Pain reinforces the learning experience."

Wendy W.

Kinda goes along with 'if you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough doesn't it?
I got nuthin

~Ben Franklin

Wendy W.

I used to hear 'Pain is weakness leaving the body' daily...:S
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

"You can't always get what you want.
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need."

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."

"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes."

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

May your days be prosperous and may all your Knights be Golden :P

I guess I'd go with that one if I were still single...;) But I married a Ranger 13 years ago. B|

Was it the "Lone Ranger"? I noticed he's not around anymore.:ph34r:
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

"When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work, and think.
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, screw, and drink.
And when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope they bury me upside down so the world can kiss my ass."

:)
Not sure who wrote that, but it was in one of the many poetry books I had as a kid, and probably one of the first poems I ever memorized. :D

I hope they bury me upside down so the world can kiss my ass.

:)
Not sure who wrote that, but it was in one of the many poetry books I had as a kid, and probably one of the first poems I ever memorized. :D

That last line, I know Bobby Knight, the infamous basketball coach, said it. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I guess I'd go with that one if I were still single...;) But I married a Ranger 13 years ago. B|

:P He only ever did post once on DZ.com...and that was actually me logging in under his screen name...:D:D:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child.
-Lazarus Long,

I’ve never understood how God could expect His creatures to pick the one true religion by faith—it strikes me as a sloppy way to run a universe.
-Jubal Harshaw,

The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
--Lazarus Long

A "pacifist male" is a contradiction in terms. Most self-described "pacifists" are not pacific; they simply assume false colors. When the wind changes, they hoist the Jolly Roger.
--Lazarus Long

Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win.
--Lazarus Long

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.
--Lazarus Long

Government! Three-fourths parasitic and the rest stupid fumbling- Oh, Harshaw conceded that man, a social animal, could no more avoid government than an individual could escape the necessity of bowel movements. But simply because an evil was necessary was no reason to term it good. He wished that government would wander off and get lost!
-- Jubal Harshaw

I will accept any rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
--Professor Bernardo de la Paz

But in writing your Constitution let me invite attention to the wonderful virtues of the negative! Accentuate the negative! Let your document be studded with things the government is forever forbidden to do.
--Professor Bernardo de la Paz
Remember that expectant life span is an average, and most people are below average
--Garrison Keillor

:P He only ever did post once on DZ.com...and that was actually me logging in under his screen name...:D:D:D

I was more referring to "THE" lone ranger... but that works too, I guess.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.