kevin922

Skydiving Fleet for sale...

I couldn't tell you about the planes in the photos. I just know what I went through while looking for a plane for a former employer. Many times you will see the same plane for sale by multiple brokers with different prices. They will want a deposit before you know where the plane is or what the N-number is..(kind of like Skyride).

The reason for this is usually there is no contract between the seller and broker. Also any asshat can decide to be an aircraft broker tonight and be in business by tomorrow morning.

I couldn't tell you about the planes in the photos. I just know what I went through while looking for a plane for a former employer. Many times you will see the same plane for sale by multiple brokers with different prices. They will want a deposit before you know where the plane is or what the N-number is..(kind of like Skyride).

The reason for this is usually there is no contract between the seller and broker. Also any asshat can decide to be an aircraft broker tonight and be in business by tomorrow morning.

wow, when i bought my aircraft, (granted it was not N# at the time) is was like buying a car, no big deal. but, then again, i only have 64 hp and no windshield!

I think the third one is Skydive Tecumseh's Otter they bought from Skydive Chicago a few years ago (same fleet paint job).

Skydive Tecumseh hasn't had the Otter since last spring. I'm not sure where it went, but Tecumseh now has a Caravan which is spending the winter in Austin.

The third one is Skydive Tecumseh's old Twin Otter. I can tell by the background in the pictures, and more importantly the sticker that says "Skydive Tecumseh" (on the door in the third pic). As was said earlier, the owners sold it and got a caravan. I thought I heard it was going to Japan though, so... yeah.

N numbers are specific to US registered aircraft. If an aircraft is registered anywhere else it will not have one.
As far as them being listed in Ontario, there are only two Otters in Canada rigged for jumping that I have heard of. The one in Burnaby is an American hull on lease; I am not sure of the one operating out of Quebec.
The Original Twin Otter Manufacturing facility is in Toronto, I wouldn't be surprised if they still do considerable maintenance around there. US aircraft could be sitting there after (or pending) major structural maintenance. Of course I am just speculating.

Ok. Here is the scoop.

Two of the Twin Otters are owned by Spaceland or agents thereof.

The other is owned by another guy that I can't mention. (sworn to secrecy)

The airplanes are being brokered by a guy in Canada.

All three are in the USA and being used for skydiving.

They are not all in the same fleet.

The N number has been hidden so prospective buyers can't find the actual owner(s) by an N number search.

Supply and demand drives the price.

Or as the seller or broker would call it, "Market driven price"

Brokers get about 3-5 per cent of selling price.

Go figure.:S

People are crazy. Cuz there's more of 'em.

I bet it didn't cost 1.2 mil. either.

no it didnt, that was my point. strange though how loose the realtionship between the broker and owner is, or is reported to be. when i do real estate/spec deals, i demand more straight up agreements.

A ton of Tri Motors?
A sack of SuperConnie's?

This also could be a case where just the airplane owner will change and the leasee just pays someone else. Kinda like when you buy a rental property or when your mortage is sold. :|

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Hey Kevin,

Steve buys and sells airplanes all the time. Usually he never has to actuall take possesion of them befroe they are sold again. I don't know steve that well, but do know him to be a great businessman. The otters are probably ALWAYS for sale at the right price.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.