turtlespeed

Pet Peeves

Not generally. The request usually comes from students who haven't bothered to come to class regularly or complete their homework. (Pet peeves #2 and #3) If most of the class had a problem however, I will often take a day and review the material and then retest on the most troublesome areas.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Eh, I give them money to just go away. :)

Fine if you have it to spare, but ultimately you shouldn't have to do that.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Agianst my principals to give them money when they just assume the work. If they do ask - I always let them - I have even let them in the rain, just because tey asked. Other wise I turn on my wipers if they don't
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Agianst my principals to give them money when they just assume the work. If they do ask - I always let them - I have even let them in the rain, just because tey asked. Other wise I turn on my wipers if they don't

That's fine. I have no problem with them being there to earn some cash, so long as they understand some basic boundaries.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

If I see that they are ready to do the work, I give them the money and say "thanks anyway" so they can move on to the next car. Their watered down spray just makes a mess anyway. :P

God bless them for their efforts. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

If I see that they are ready to do the work, I give them the money and say "thanks anyway" so they can move on to the next car. Their watered down spray just makes a mess anyway. :P

God bless them for their efforts. :)

I have in the past aggressively had to wave them away to the point of finally having to open the door, step out and say "do not touch". I have seen other people yell at them to no avail, as they went ahead and squeageed anyway. Most will just count on your sense of "obligation" after they have "done you a service" but every once and awhile they will get agressive if they are not paid, because you see "they performed the service and are now owed compensation for thier labour" despite the fact that they forced the labour onto you. Even if they are not aggressive after the fact, washing the window when you have said no is wrong. Nowadays there are all kinds of coatings people can put in thier windshields to assist in keeping them clean, and these guys can ruin that when they squeagee them, hence they are doing damage. This is moot however, because even if there is no damage done, if someone askes them not to touch thier car, they should not touch their car. Even when I walk down the street and see them doing that crap it tends to make my blood boil.

<>

3 legged people - can't stand them.

actually, it's not my leg...

Pet peeve #1
People who board the train by pushing past the passengers trying to exit.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

People that throw their lit cigarettes out the window when driving. Hey, I'm behind you! I always had this fear what if it got stuck somewhere and sparked a fire.

People that drop their cigarettes on the ground. Come on now, is throwing it in the garbage hard to ask? I dont drop my trash all over the place.

People that use their cell phone while at dinner, or in a movie theater, or can't stop texting all night long.

People who can't be bothered to use their turn signals.:S

People who see a cop on the side of the road and slow down to 5-10 under the speed limit. Come on folks, a little situational awareness, please? Drive like you have a pair. :P
[:/]

Yes! If you use you signals it makes traffic flow better. Use your signal jerkwads!

It's more of a light pet peeve, but those people that come to a empty parking lot less one car and park directly next to that other car. Dude, your going to dent doors like that, park a space away.

People who don't give a shit about themselves and yet expect others to do so. >:(

People who whine about other people living their life the way they choose:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Liars.

People who chew with their mouth open.

People who leave their shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot, especially when it's windy.

Customer service reps who don't understand what their job is, much less how to do it.

Mouth-breathers are pretty annoying, but I think some of them have some sort of medical condition that causes it...I can't fault that.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

People who take their kids shopping with them to supermarkets

People who drop litter.

Peple who dont take responsability for their own actions.

Inappropriate use of mobile phones.

People who dont vote and still moan about who runs their country.

tst..tst.tst people who have the walkman volume too loud.

People who moan about things.

People.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Shitty drivers. Including but not limited to the following factors:

1.) Tail-gating.

2.) Not using directionals!!! Such a simple task and oh, so useful to fellow drivers.

3.) Driving slow in the high speed lane, then when you go to pass them, they switch into your lane, basically blocking you like the douchebag they are.

4.) Tail-gaiting me when I'm in the high speed lane, already doing 80.

5.) Pulling stupid shit.. while talking on a CELL PHONE. I don't say talking on a cell phone because some people actually can manage to do it and still drive safely. Others...

Oh and people not doing what they say they are going to do.

Shitty drivers. Including but not limited to the following factors:

1.) Tail-gating.

2.) Not using directionals!!! Such a simple task and oh, so useful to fellow drivers.

3.) Driving slow in the high speed lane, then when you go to pass them, they switch into your lane, basically blocking you like the douchebag they are.

4.) Tail-gaiting me when I'm in the high speed lane, already doing 80.

5.) Pulling stupid shit.. while talking on a CELL PHONE. I don't say talking on a cell phone because some people actually can manage to do it and still drive safely. Others...

Oh and people not doing what they say they are going to do.

And the idiots that are in the far right lane of a three lane street, knowing there are cars parked but want to cut in a few cars ahead and then cause total back up for the middle lane. >:(
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

When someone replies to me because I'm the last person to reply to a given thread but they're really responding to someone else.

:P

I was replying to you.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun