HUSHPUPPY

Any musicians out there!

If you play in a band....what do you play and what kind of music do you play? I have been in several bands locally and sit-in occasionally for a few as well (currently not in a band![:/]). I have played the drums since I was about 10, and now play mostly classic rock as well as newer rock (Velvet Revolver, 3 Doors Down, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, ect.). I love music and find playing relaxing. There are several musicians at our DZ and we plan on throwing something together soon, hope it works out!B|

Blue Skies!

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Nice setup!

I've been playing trumpet for nearly 15 years now, I've played lead horn off and on in a few jazz bands for the past 7 years or so.

A couple of years ago I picked up the guitar as well as the harp (harmonica for those non-musician types out there).

Right now I pretty much only play guitar or harp since I don't currently have a band to play my horn in...although I desperately want to find a good tight combo to play my trumpet in.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Played keyboards in a band for a couple of years. Nice job because (as the others liked to remind me) it was really a 'guitar' band, so I got to stand there and look chilled on stage without having to do very much.

You drummers, on the other hand, have all the hard work and not enough recognition. All that setting up and taking down, endless soundchecking, loading and unloading your vehicle... :)
Edited to add - I just looked at your gear. Nice one! I guess they don't make drum kits as big or as heavy as they used to.

I've played drums for like 1000 years. Most known for my band "Watchtower" (heavy/technical rock), recorded and toured internationally quite a bit in the late 80's, early 90's. Also played with regional party band "Retarted Elf" (white boy funk), which petered out a few years ago. I'm auditioning for a new band this week, trying to get back into playing regular after some time off (spent most of the last 2 years jumping every weekend).

Been playing guitar for 31 years. Used to play alone or jam with friends in my younger years. In the late 1970's I'd get home from my graveyard shift as my friends & family were going to work/school. Stayed home alone, party, and play for several hours a day...

In recent years I've played guitar & bass with the church band, as well as operated the sound board. When I was younger I wanted to play in a band and tour bars & nightclubs, but by the time I was good enough I'd lost my desire to do this. Perhaps as a once-in-a-while thing, but not as a lifestyle. Playing in church is fun, but I never dreamed I'd one day be on stage in front of several hundred people and nobody's drunk.

One morning one of the singers said "Jon, you're wailing on that guitar. How'd you get so good?" I replied "Drugs."

Cheers,
Jon

I do the sound board at my church.
Also, have played for kids ministry, what an audience..I was really nervous!
I played past 2 years w/pastor in a little bluegrass christmas songs thing we do. Pastor is really good banjo player (we joke about it alot!)
we use a 32key Mackie.

Been blaying guitar for 42 years. Was in a band full time in the 70's (actually stopped jumping then, cause I couldn't be traveling to gigs and jumping too). Most recently, I played banjo in a bluegrass band (about four years). Now I play a little fiddle, too. Our dropzone got me back jumping again after a 20 year layoff through playing music. We had a "jump and jam" each weekend the plane was in town (once a month here in the boonies). Now, I'm jumping so much I don't have time for playing in a band.

B.
....with a capital P and that rhymes with T and that spells TROUBLE!!!

I play bass. 1976 Music Man Stingray.

Played in three bands.

Anoxic- metal band that sucked really bad.
Biscuit- cover band. Mostly Misfits.
LOJ- I filled in as bassist for a christian rock band, belive it or not.

I still play but not in a band. Been playing alot lately. Mostly Sublime/Chili Peppers type stuff.

im not IN a band but i work with a lot of em ;)

so for any of you guys that need help in the promo department give me a holler and i'll be more than happy to help you out ;)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

***There are several musicians at our DZ and we plan on throwing something together soon, hope it works out.

Let me know when you decide when and where. Are you hooking up with Stephen or who? His guitar and your drumming
should be a great show.

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Let me know when you decide when and where. Are you hooking up with Stephen or who? His guitar and your drumming
should be a great show.

Yes, Stephen and I and Tony and ? We need a BASS player!B|

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I'm playing lead alto saw in our college jazz band. I hadn't played jazz, or anything else since high school until a few years age. It's great to be back in music. It was probably the thing i'd missed most from high school.B|I also play clarinet and sax in the community wind symphony, but the jazz is by far the most fun to play.

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490