normiss

If injured while jumping...

Is it just me, or is everyone here saying it's ok to defraud your insurance co.? What happened to integrity and honor?

Inflation [:/]
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Is it just me, or is everyone here saying it's ok to defraud your insurance co.? What happened to integrity and honor?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inflation

*** Does inflation make domestic violence and murder ok too?

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

What about the integrity and honor of an insurance company that collects premiums for years and then uses a hidden "dangerous sports" exclusion clause to avoid paying a claim? Those of us with employer provided/ subsidized insurance don't have easy access to the fine print in our policies nor do we have much choice in the carriers we use.

What fraud are you talking about? If one is paying 100-500/month for medical insurance, it's reasonable to expect actual medical care for it.

And given the stupid remarks you may hear from doctors (esp interns) and nurses, maybe there's a benefit to improving the story. You'd hope their actual medical care wouldn't be harmed by their prejudices, but certainly affects their bedside manner.

What fraud are you talking about? If one is paying

100-500/month for medical insurance, it's reasonable to expect actual medical care for it.

And given the stupid remarks you may hear from doctors (esp interns) and nurses, maybe there's a benefit to improving the story. You'd hope their actual medical care wouldn't be harmed by their prejudices, but certainly affects their bedside manner.

***Anyone that has health insurance knows what it covers. If you want something that covers jumping, then you should buy it. Knowingly lying to get someone else to pay for your medical bills is stealing, and anyone that steals is a thief. There is almost nothing lower in my book than a thief. Just because you get away with it doesn't make it ok. Think about it, would you want your children (if you have them) to know you were doing this?

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Ok there ya go! It is a long one...sorry.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=270299;page=35;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

so what happened to the copy link button under our avatars???

So you have to scroll down to the bottom.

Oh and maybe you can talk me into telling the one where I was wrapped up in lines with another jumpers bag out at 9K. He and I looked like mummy's in that crap...I thought he was dead once I got out.

The first time I told them I fell down the stairs because I didn't really want to go through the whole "no my parachute did open I just didn't land it properly" thing. The next 2 times I told them the truth. It really didn't matter because extreme sports are covered under my insurance The last time they picked me up in the middle of the landing area and had to cut my jump suit off so I really couldn't make up an excuse for that anyway:D

Fly like a girl

Damn....That's one hell of a story. Glad you're still here to tell the tale.:)

Thank you, me too, although sometimes when it locks up or hurts like hell, I think of what if (about ignoring the radio)? But, it is what it is, and I still get to jump and of course walk so I am grateful.

Hope it wasnt too boring and Im sure there are many typos etc......

Oh and BTW, I was getting paid $.50 a pack job!

Was practically born at the Dallas Parachute Association in 1967, spent 16 years there packing for first jump students or experienced , teaching the PLF portion of the first jump course,using the orange paddles (no radios yet) to guide students back to the peas and sold landing photos with my Handle Instamatic camera, all by the time I was six years old.

Does anyone else see a problem with the math here? ;);):P

Was practically born at the Dallas Parachute Association in 1967, spent 16 years there packing for first jump students or experienced , teaching the PLF portion of the first jump course,using the orange paddles (no radios yet) to guide students back to the peas and sold landing photos with my Handle Instamatic camera, all by the time I was six years old.

Does anyone else see a problem with the math here? ;);):P

its six yo math k?
Ok reword. By the time I was 6 I was doing all of that. I left the dz at 16 years old ..there better??:P:P:P:P:P

Is that all you found, as bad as my typing and grammar are??? is ahh i give up LOL

Ok Ill go fix it....

The 3 times I've needed medical care for stupid things I did skydiving I told the doc and the PT's what I did. Injuries didn't require an ER visit or anything. I just dislocated/sprained my right hand/thumb 3 times. I just couldn't will my feet to take a single step after I landed and I fell to the right. 3 fucking times. :S

I told my doc exactly what happened. No problems. I just got the ol' rolling eyes on the subsequent visits in...:ph34r::$

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I femured in on a BAAAD spot. When I awoke The chopper was behind me and the ParaMeds were cutting the rig off. I told them to quit but they wouldn't listen.>:( 8 grand for a 10 min. ride and totalled 40k. Co. insurance piked up the dime. Kinda hard to lie about that one. That chopper ride sure was a painfull one.[:/]

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=270299;page=35;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Oh and maybe you can talk me into telling the one where I was wrapped up in lines with another jumpers bag out at 9K. He and I looked like mummy's in that crap...I thought he was dead once I got out.

I have no idea where to respond to your story but that was INCREDIBLE. I'm glad you did. So, move on . . . we're ready for the mummy episode. Start typing! In any event, I assume there's no question about what you told your insurance on that one. That had to cost a fortune. :S
TPM Sister #102

Inflation [:/]

Which is cause by having medical insurance in the first place. Prior to medical insurance, doctor visits and care was more reasonalbly priced. Every field in which insurance has been added has seen major increase in pricing. Watch, vet cost for dogs and will increase drastically when pet insurance becomes the norm.

Im in the military and my commander has sighned a little piece of paper saying I can do the whole skyjumping thing. If I go in my parents get $400,000 as long as I was found to be following the BSR's when it happened (ie, all handles pulled);). Oh yeah, and medical is free for us so I can tell them exactly what happened provided I live through it.

Muff #5048

I have no idea where to respond to your story but that was INCREDIBLE. I'm glad you did. So, move on . . . we're ready for the mummy episode. Start typing! In any event, I assume there's no question about what you told your insurance on that one. That had to cost a fortune. :S

Ok here ya go, how is it you are getting me to do this?? Ive been on here for a few years now, and have never shared these...??

not as long
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=270299;page=36;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Go get your mummy:)
edited to fix my clicky...

Anyone that has health insurance knows what it covers.

LOL.

I've actually tried to look up hyperbaric medicine (rarely covered) as well as skydiving, motorcycles, others, and could not find anything to confirm or deny. Perhaps California law doesn't allow exclusions? But who's to say I just didn't get the comprehensive documentation?

There is nothing clear about medical insurance. Newsworthy this week is Blue Shield getting smacked in court for their habit on waiting until someone files a claim to examine their application and decide to reject it.