normiss

If injured while jumping...

No excuse. Its covered on my medical and if I burn in my life insurance still pays out to my wife.

Otherwise it would have been a motorcycle accident on my cool bike.;)

Although if I'm killed at work my wife would get nearly 10x's the payout for the life insurance. So if I burn in cut my rig off and put me in my work clothes.:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

what excuse have you or would you use with the EMT and hospital?

enough of hijacking someone else's thread...;)

I told them I fell off a roof.

Broken wrist in two places, double compound to the tib, fib out the bottom and side of my foot. What I didnt tell them was I fell off the roof after landing on it. Level 5 on radio, dont ask long story.,....a good one but long...

still hurts today 15 years later

No excuse. Its covered on my medical and if I burn in my life insurance still pays out to my wife.

What he said... only I don't have a wife and currently my policy pays out to my parents... I don't remember which one...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I tried it once, but I have a cool doc. He asked what happened to me. My shoulder (not the one I eventually had surgery on) was hurting and had this weird thing going on. So I told him I was playing catch running half forward and backwards to catch a ball and tripped over a curb and landed on my arm.

He asked if I was running 30mph...I said yes!:D

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Otherwise it would have been a motorcycle accident on my cool bike.;)

Although if I'm killed at work my wife would get nearly 10x's the payout for the life insurance. So if I burn in cut my rig off and put me in my work clothes.:D

Mostly what he said, except for the "at work" thing. My health insurance, life insurance, and accidental death insurance all pay in the event of a skydiving accident. The accidental death pays 3x if I'm out of town for work, or something like that (not sure of the details, but my policies are sufficient to ensure my daughter is taken care of financially regardless).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

No excuse. Its covered on my medical and if I burn in my life insurance still pays out

Although if I'm killed at work my guy would get nearly 10x's the payout for the life insurance.

Me too... in fact I just saw a clause that if I am ever in a car accident and I was wearing a factory installed seat belt an extra $25,000 will be added to my existing policy.

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

Its like I told my wife once a while back..."well, if I'm killed at work then you could take 10-grand and just blow it all on hats..."

Too bad she didn't get the movie reference.:D

I've had two injuries requiring a trip to the ER, surgery and follow up care. I never lied to the doctors, nurses, ER staff, etc and I've never had any real issues with my employer provided insurance. However, when the insurance company's law firm sent out the form asking what happened (to see if there is anyone THEY can sue) I just said "I fell" and left it at that. If they really want to know, they can look at my medical records.

I do know someone who had a serious accident that involved airlifting, intensive care, multiple surgeries, etc. He found out the hard way that his insurance had a "dangerous sports" exclusion. I've tried unsuccessfully more than once since then to get a copy of my health insurance policy to read all the fine print.

WOW--that was impressive! You can't throw out all that good information and then say, "don't ask"--so, do tell!

Ok I will post it in another thread, guess it might have some educational value as well....It is a long one so be ready.. LOL

It probably belongs in the scary stories thread in the history forum. I know I know, already a long thread with loads of funny stories... It's one of the best reads in the entire forum! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It probably belongs in the scary stories thread in the history forum. I know I know, already a long thread with loads of funny stories... It's one of the best reads in the entire forum!

You're so wrong here. Its the best read on the entire website!

Here ya go:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=270299;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Its been a while since that thread has been active, it needs to be brought back up and added upon. You know someone could go through that forum and put together a fun filled book of skydiving stories. The "other" side of the sports history that you won't see in the USPA's museum.