psipike02

Sneaking Booze onto a cruise ship...

All right, I need ideas guys...

I know most of you drink like I do and so i decided to come to the one place where I thought I'd be able to get some input.

I'm going on a cruise with 7 friends at the end of February on Carnival Legend to the (Exotic) Western Caribbean.

Everything is included in the price, except for alcohol on board. Is there any way to sneak booze onto the cruise ship? I had heard that they don't search your checked bag???

There has to be someone who's done it before. We're already allowed to bring one bottle of champagne or wine per passenger when we board, but thats not enough.

So any ideas/creativity are welcome B|
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

They probably have a duty free store on the ship where you can buy a few bottles.

Yes they do, BUT they hold your purchases until the end of the cruise. You go pick it up when you disembark.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Here are their rules. I've done one of their cruises. I could not believe how much I paid overall for tips, drinks and fees. It was outrageous. Next time I'm going to try another line. Although you could bring a bottle of wine or champagne with you, you still pay a corkage fee for it. :S

You will go through an X-ray machine just like at the airports along with your carry ons. I don't remember if the checked baggage will be searched.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've only been on a cruise once (ABSOLUTELY fantastic!!! Royal Caribbean to the Bahamas! B|) so I don't know for sure...but HELL YEAH the booze is freaking expensive -I think our tab was $300 -FOR THREE STINKIN' DAYS!!! B|>:(B|>:( And we didn't have a drink in hand 24/7 or anything, either. (We do have rather expensive taste in cognac and scotch, though :$)

Sounds like everyone said that you can take it in your checked luggage. If for any reason you find out you can't, find out if they have a restriction on bringing produce on board.

-No restrictions? Buy a hypodermic needle and a huge bag of oranges. Get a bottle of good vodka, and inject said oranges with vodka.

VOILA! Instant screwdrivers. B|

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Although they will not let you on the ship with a couple of 12 packs of pop, they will let you bring some pop on board. I got a 1 liter bottle of 7-up and put vodka in it. I also had a 1 liter bottle of "Coke". Worked just fine and then you don't have to worry about having your cabin boy seeing a bottle of liquor while cleaning.

There ya go!

And I still spent $180 on liquor for a 4 day/3 night cruise!

We tried to bring in some wine in checked luggage on a Norwegian Cruise Line Alaska cruise a few years ago. They found it in xray screening, confiscated my bag, made me remove the wine, and held it until we disembarked. Our bar bill for the week was almost as much as the crruise cost for one person.

Maybe some good Vodka transferred to a water bottle would work??
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

A

And I still spent $180 on liquor for a 4 day/3 night cruise!

Never been on a cruise. Now I'm thinking I never will. :P

That's outrageous that they gouge you at the bar that badly. >:(

You ain't kidding. Most mixed drinks are at least $5 or more. I was gonna have at least one every night, but after the second night of a 5 night cruise, I stopped drinking booze. It just ain't worth it.

This is high school stuff right here. Since there are probably several people that are traveling with you, you should be able to get several bottles on board.

Original Listerine bottles should work for Whiskey.
http://www.geocities.com/brodavelister/images/Listerine_Antiseptic_02.jpg

Scope bottles for Vodka or Rum with a little food coloring.
http://www.petrasoap.com/mc6050.jpg

What other alcohol would like to smuggle in?
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

This is high school stuff right here. Since there are probably several people that are traveling with you, you should be able to get several bottles on board.

Original Listerine bottles should work for Whiskey.
http://www.geocities.com/brodavelister/images/Listerine_Antiseptic_02.jpg

Scope bottles for Vodka or Rum with a little food coloring.
http://www.petrasoap.com/mc6050.jpg

What other alcohol would like to smuggle in?

DAMN! -Where were the freaking heathen drunkards and their smuggling ideas when we needed 'em for our cruise?!? :D:D:P

'Course the oranges idea I brought up I've never actually tried before...some day I'm going to have to do it. :ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Buy the booze in plastic bottles and put in checked luggage. they mainly look for glass bottles of booze when looking through the x-ray.;)

worked in the cruise biz for awhile

if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

'Course the oranges idea I brought up I've never actually tried before...some day I'm going to have to do it. :ph34r:

If those oranges have the little code stickers on them, peel the stickers off, inject the vodka, then reapply the stickers over the hole. ;)

Holy shit!!!!

You guys are amazing!!! :D:D

If you have more, keep em' coming, i'm sending them to my friends as we speak....

My friends aren't lightweights by any means, but they some of them already said "Who the hell thought of these?? They are obviously in a different league"

Hahaha i'm gonna use alot of these, or probably all of them, so like i said, if you have more, let me know!

And thanks to everyone so far!! B|;)

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

1) Get a few of those big evian bottles. Twist off the cap so as to not break the seal (grasp it at the base of the seal ring and twist off). Or, just a dab of superglue to reattach the seal ring to the cap.
Then replace the water with vodka/gin/rum/silver tequila.

2) ????

3) Profit.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Did the Carnival Conquest to the GOM last Oct.

- Be prepared to tip every tom/dick/harry.
- + they add tips @ $10 per day/per guest.
- Be back on the boat when they say, cause they will leave your ass sitting on the dock. No BS! We left people in every port!!! Carnival shore excursions = they won't leave you.........
- We saw lots of people bringing sodas along. Evidently no need to hide. Otherwise, it about $40 for a "soda card". But, it's 1 soda per visit to the bar.:o
- Enjoyed the cruise, but the food wasn't "that" good:S

I sailed Carnival Glory out of Port Canaveral last summer. I had a bottle of scotch in my check in bag and my GF had a bottle of vodka. Neither was taken from us.

We bought a bottle of Rum in St Marteen and the lady at the liquor store even poured it into a large water bottle for us. I ran it through the xray in my backpack when returning to the ship and had no problem at all.

Anything you purchase in the duty free shops on board will be held for you until the night before you debark. It's not ment to be consumed on the ship.

I didn't read through all the responses so I don't know if this has been said. I took my honeymoon on the same ship, the Legend. I ran 2 large listerine bottles through the dishwasher and filled them with alcohol. They x-ray all checked luggage, not sure how strict they are with it though. I'm sure it would work if you just filled water bottles as well but i'm not sure if they let you bring any of your own drinks/food on the ship. Have fun, it was a great time!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke