Lolie

Stupid people who pretend they skydive...

As for skydiving bullshitl. I have had this gem directed at me next to a bar. "I have jumped out of a chopper and it is really dangerous because when the parachute pulls you back up you can strike the rotor blades". I said nothing.

I heard that too, I was in a bar and was wearing one of the dz t-shirts and some little shithead was showing off for some young lady who I guess was admiring the back of my shirt. When I over heard this statement I lost all kinds off cool points, chicks don't think beer coming through someone's nose is near as funny as it really is.

By the by, speaking of the asforementioned "skydiver" and his prey, are there really women out there who beleive this shit? And how can I benefit?:P;)

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

> I did my first jump almost 3 years ago and I am pretty
>sure that my instructors had a couple of more than just
>25 skydives.

Yeah, I know. That's what they want you to believe.;)

bwahahahaha, you snuck up on me Ern:P

are there really women out there who beleive this shit?

I am going out on a limb here but I believe wuffo chicks find skydiving a good point scorer on the 'wanna shag him' table and a huge liability on the 'I want him to father my children' table'.

Suits me just fine:P

I am going out on a limb here but I believe wuffo chicks find skydiving a good point scorer on the 'wanna shag him' table and a huge liability on the 'I want him to father my children' table'.

Well I do unbderstand that, but at what point in time does the bullshit just get too deep, and even the most ill informed whuffo female sees how pathetic it is?

oops, dumb question, I forgot that all of us skydivers are either bank robbers, or drug runners:P

That's a funny story. Thanks for the giggle. :ph34r:

This is what I reckon.

A) He's a chauvinist who saw you, a woman, doing something much cooler than anything he ever did and he couldn't take it, so he had to lie to try and be on the same level as you.
B) He drew his knowledge from films like Point Break where a 4000ft skydive lasts 3 minutes (Before deployment of canopy). :S
C) He was an asshole.:ph34r:

Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I think that I am going to have to pick choice "C", final answer

He was an asshole

You had 864 posts. If your wrong you lose 432 of them. If your right you move up to 865.

He was an asshole

Congratulations ! You are truly a post whore.;)
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I don't think I'd be angry if some wanna be tried to pretend he was a skydiver in front of me. But I think I would try to think of the best way to fuck with him & make him look/feel stupid. Any creative ideas for when this situation comes up?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I don't think I'd be angry if some wanna be tried to pretend he was a skydiver in front of me. But I think I would try to think of the best way to fuck with him & make him look/feel stupid. Any creative ideas for when this situation comes up?

I have seen this problem happen at the dz. A guy found out that tandems were $160, but regular tickets were $17. He then wanted to rent gear. No log book. "What do you usually jump?" "The usual." "Where did you last jump?" "It was a while ago in uhhh...another state." "We can call them." "They went out of business." "Well...it's a rule that we need to see your log book, so stop by another day."

Politely handled, but what an idiot.

I did my first jump almost 3 years ago and I am pretty sure that my instructors had a couple of more than just 25 skydives

Oh yeah sure JM's got more jumps than that, it's regulation. I think what they meant was that JM's fly like they only have 25 jumps...:ph34r:

I have seen this problem happen at the dz. A guy found out that tandems were $160, but regular tickets were $17. He then wanted to rent gear. No log book. "What do you usually jump?" "The usual." "Where did you last jump?" "It was a while ago in uhhh...another state." "We can call them." "They went out of business." "Well...it's a rule that we need to see your log book, so stop by another day."

Politely handled, but what an idiot.

Holy crap! That takes some balls there if he were to actually go through with it... *thinking* I wonder if there could have been some way just to screw with him, "sure here you go you're on load 2 you have a 10 minute call" first of all he'd probably think "who the hell is calling me here?? no one knows i'm here! how does she know it will take 10 minutes to talk to them??? humm this is crazy!" then he gets on the plane.. makes a jump has a cypress save busts his ass on landing.. probably have a nice wet spot on his jumpsuit. hehe :)

Any creative ideas for when this situation comes up?

When people are trying to present an image, they can get pretty silly when they are shown to be fibbing about it. My main goals are to make them aware that they should stop discussing it and to avoid a confrontational situation. Showing everyone that they are lying can get ugly.

It is best that they do this to themselves when I am not around. So...provide them with the new in-sport buzzwords and some misinformation to use later.

My fav is "sphincter load". "What is your SL?" "What?" "At my dz, we call the total of gear/body weight load on your butt at opening is called your SL." Later on, they will ask another jumper what their SL is. The laughs will be forth-coming.

"I go up 75-feet when I open my canopy, how about you." "I've calibrated a 7.5 riser block on reverse gonad turns. Is that cool or what?"

After a couple of questions, they change the subject and save the quotes for later use. :ph34r:

Yea, so check this out...On Halloween this year I was macking on this hottie. We were talking for quite a while before she told me that she *LOVES* to skydive! Bonus!...Right?

Turns out she received training and jumps at an airport that isn't and never has been a dz. As a matter a fact there has never been any skydiving activity there at all!

Some people just don't know when to quit. For sure she is one of them. Then, she tells me about how she jumps next to these waterfalls, (I live in PX) and how beautiful it is to see them in freefall.

It gets even better! She goes on about how she teaching her friends how to jump...because she's an instructor...with 23 Whole Jumps!!

She wasn't nearly as hot, now that she couldn't take her foot out of her mouth. :P

When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?

It is kinda funny to listen to guys who have never made a skydive pretend that they have.

One time, these two guys walked up to about 5 of us girls. Basically, their pick-up line was "We're skydivers." They weren't very attractive, so I didn't care either way. My roommate, on the other hand, started talking to them to embarass them. She doesn't jump, but has heard me ramble on about it enough. She asked them where they jump, how many jumps, what type of rig, etc etc. The only response that I still remember was when she asked them "So, what license do you have." One of them said, "Number Four!" She said "Your D?" That same shmuck, "No, I meant my E! yeah, I just got my E license."
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

It is kinda funny to listen to guys who have never made a skydive pretend that they have.

One time, these two guys walked up to about 5 of us girls. Basically, their pick-up line was "We're skydivers." They weren't very attractive, so I didn't care either way. My roommate, on the other hand, started talking to them to embarass them. She doesn't jump, but has heard me ramble on about it enough. She asked them where they jump, how many jumps, what type of rig, etc etc. The only response that I still remember was when she asked them "So, what license do you have." One of them said, "Number Four!" She said "Your D?" That same shmuck, "No, I meant my E! yeah, I just got my E license."

ROFL... I guess that would only work in Australia.

I have noticed that jumps from high altitude usually go to shit. Anyone else ever notice that?

Yep..did one at Rantoul. Trying to do 4 way RW. All but one of us hadn't flown on our bellies in more than 50 jumps. We didn't get a single point except when one guy swooped down to Jimbo and me and slammed into my back sending us all flipping across the sky. I think it has to do with the thinner atmosphere, didn't feel like normal input did much in terms of controlling motion.

Sniff sniff ssnniifffff... I still smell it, BS exscuse that is:P
Theres not enough difference to justify a zero (0) point :$four (4) way.

High altitude, been there, done that, and have the T-shirt. I love MM's SuperKingair ZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOMM!!!!:)

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868