PLFXpert

If You Won a Shopping Spree and Could Choose Only One Store to go Bananas in...

Which store would it be and why?

Yes, I know this thread is silly and pure fantasy, but I admit I like making wishlists to stores I might never afford or otherwise shop in for various reasons.

I am in love with The Artful Home.

Be sure to check out my two favorite artists:

Vincent Leman

and

David Coddaire

:)
For me the "why" is because I LOVE art--particularly useable (functional) art. And because if I'm going to win a shopping spree, I'm going to be impractical as hell about it.

B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Depends on the amount of money...

Unlimited - Home Depot or Lowes (new kitchen, bathroom, windows, patio, hot tub, a/c & heater unit)

1-5 k - Macy's or Ann Taylor

:ph34r:

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

This REI?

B|

My problem is finding the time (and inevitably spreading myself thin) to do all the outdoor activities I love. We have a garage full of bicycles (several kinds depending on whether we're going off trail, on the beach, or around town), surfboards, skateboards, tents, portable chairs, coolers, ping-pong table, kayak, motorcycle and probably a lot of other things of which I use each maybe once/month. :(

I'm not a big "camper", though, unless I'm actually in a camper. :P

I dream often of being covered head to toe in gore windstopper fleece

I dream of waking up miles from a road, toasty warm in a sub-2 pound down sleeping bag, super comfy on a sub-1 pound air mattress, and then having my hiking partner unzip the sub-5 pound tent to give me a steaming cup of coffee.

I used to be obsessed with skydiving equipment. That obsession seems to have transferred itself to backpacking equipment. It's only a lack of money that keeps the obsession from turning into a compulsion. :D

I dream often of being covered head to toe in gore windstopper fleece

:DB|

See and I prefer thin-as-hell, soft & worn-in vintage wear. :D:$:P

I am proud to say I have many original pieces I've had for years. I'm talking jeans with authentic holes in them, baby--not the kind you pay to have that way.

But, I do have six of those T's I linked to. :$ I didn't buy them there, though--too expensive.

I live in Florida--not much of a need for jackets. B|

Let's say $50k.

Well I guess that leaves out my original thought of YachtWorld, since $50K wouldn't go too far there.

So I think I'll agree with either REI or Lowe's/Home Depot, though I'd probably have more fun going bananas in REI.

I love everything in World Market too, but I doubt that I could find $50K worth of stuff to buy from there. Hmm, or maybe I could if I tried hard enough. :P

I'd go with Home Depot, as I have plenty of projects to do at home.

If it was only $300 to $500, I'd spend it at a store that had all the world's best gourmet beers... :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I would pick REI or North Face too. 5 of everything please!! I dream often of being covered head to toe in gore windstopper fleece, weather permitting of course

I'll buy all that for you!! :)
My choice would be Office Depot so i could buy everyone a 3hole punch.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I was huge into outdoor gear (clothes, tents, water filters, shoes, packs, camping stoves misc. outdoor gear) before I started jumping and I still have most of my gear. I worked at a North face outlet for 1 year just before I started jumping. I keep all my old gear in pretty good shape and I pick up new items occasionally. Red Dawn had a huge affect on me growing up and I see myself living in the wild fighting Russians or Canadians some day :ph34r: Can never be too prepared

I love watching water droplets unable to pierce my outer gore layer as I sit completely dry, body breathing, yet the skies are spitting wind and rain at me to no avail... B|

I think my 3 hole punch just got jealous!

Well I guess that leaves out my original thought of YachtWorld,

You're in luck! Clause A clearly states if it's one item, there is no cap! Yea! You're taking me out. >:(

;)

I like World Market, too. :)

We have a lot in common, actually.

I, too, believe in preserving "my stuff". I don't buy a lot or often, but when I do I buy quality and I take care of it even when I use it all the time--I take the five minutes or whatever to clean it off and store it properly when I'm done so it lasts & lasts.

And my bag (my purse) is like my own "fighting Russians" kit. You name it, I have it in travel-size in my bag--which is not oversized and very chic. B|

:D:P

And Billy has a jacket JUST as you described. I LOVE it. :)

Well I guess that leaves out my original thought of YachtWorld,

You're in luck! Clause A clearly states if it's one item, there is no cap! Yea! You're taking me out. >:(

Ok, it's party time! :)this one will do just fine. We might need a few scantily-clad, buff men for crew though.

I like World Market, too. :)

I always see all the baskets in there and think what the hell do people do with baskets??? :P

Oh, and BTW, you were in one of my dreams last night. Which is weird, since I've never met you, and I think I've only ever seen one picture of you (and that was a long time ago).

Which store would it be and why?

Yes, I know this thread is silly and pure fantasy, but I admit I like making wishlists to stores I might never afford or otherwise shop in for various reasons.

I am in love with The Artful Home.

Be sure to check out my two favorite artists:

Vincent Leman

and

David Coddaire

:)
For me the "why" is because I LOVE art--particularly useable (functional) art. And because if I'm going to win a shopping spree, I'm going to be impractical as hell about it.

B|

Fry's electronics.

REI would be a good alternative. Though, would the Aston Martin dealership be considered a store?

Oh, and BTW, you were in one of my dreams last night.

I have that effect on people. ;):P

I always see all the baskets in there and think what the hell do people do with baskets???

OMGosh! Baskets rock! I use them for everything. In our master bath, rather than a medicine cabinet, we keep everything underneath the sinks in the cabinets in matching baskets. :)
I keep all my cleaning stuff under the kitchen sink in matching baskets. :)

I like to have an extra face wash, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, whatever so I never "run out" and I keep the spares in a basket in the guest bathroom closet. :|

And I do the same with office supplies as I have a massive home office with lots of cabinets, and I keep my stuff organized in the drawers, cubby holes and cabinets in matching baskets. :S

I fucking love baskets. B|

:$

(Edit: These baskets were gifts, though. When I buy gifts for other people, I like to put them in a basket--which I usually get at World Market. :)