Balls

I want to punch my dog in the face

So I wake up at 3ish this morning to my dog barking. Much earlier than normal considering I let him out to go potty when I went to bed around midnight.
So I walk into the kitchen and there is garbage f*ing everywhere! Zeus, my boxer, either figured out how to open the kennel he sleeps in or I didn't shut it right. So I'm a little pissed right now.
Then I walk into the living room/dining room area. One big turd, and about ten other spots of diarrhea (sp?), along with a couple of piss spots. The only way I could be madder is if he did it on my rig.
Now about 2 hours and a roll of paper towels later, I'm almost done cleaning up this crap. Luckily its spring break and I don't have class tomorrow.
>:(B|>:(B|>:(
Why the hell didn't he bark BEFORE he shit every where?????
----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

gotta love 'em. Our doberman decided one night he was going to lift his leg over a green leather chair and let it flow. The next night he dooked on the carpet, we had no idea what he was thinking:S

here's a great shot of my two I took yesterday morning.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q10/slowfaller/S7300072.jpg

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

Well, as much as it may bother you you CAN'T show anger. It'll only confuse him at this point. shoving his nose in it will only make him think it's not ok to shit;ANYWHERE. so he'll start hiding it.

Clean it up and try to do a better job at training him.
In reality, it's not the dogs fault. He hasn't been trained to hold it in yet or wake you.

The kennel thing works wonders but if the dog is smart enough to get out he'll be a damned good dog when he's trained.

Iwent through some growing pains with my dog but He's all good now.
I just moved to a diff state and I'm staying with a friend for a few weeks.
My dog eats their cats' food which gives him diarhea and he still holds it until I get up or wakes me if it really bad.

Good luck with your dog but dont show anger or you'll never get anywhere.
My photos

My Videos

Why the hell didn't he bark BEFORE he shit every where?????

I can't tell you why this isn't the case but I do understand your frustration in this regard. Karma doesn't bark when she needs to go outside. For several years she would merely stand next to the bed and stare at me and hope that I would wake up, notice her and subsiquently let her out. Unfortunately that didn't/doesn't work...

Fortunately she has learned how to wake me up since then (she'll stand at the end of the bed and shake her body causing her ears to flap loud enough to wake me up) but until she figured this out I had the occasional mess overnight when she was stressed.

There are a number of factors that can cause the outburst (getting into the trash) but the most common is that he has too much energy. Boxers are generally very energitic dogs... so he may need more exercise (a tired dog is a happy dog)

The gastrointestinal distress may just be a result of eating whatever tasty (at the time) treat was in the trash... and may be a result of some kind of stress... I know that Karma's stress level is directly linked to my stress level so I am careful about how I carry myself around her... (she always cowers if I am raising hell on the phone with some customer service representative even though I'm not angry at her.) Dogs are excellent readers of body language and generally know when things are wrong it the house...

OK, so that's my rambling for the morning... here, here to the wonders of dog ownership. :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

here's a great shot of my two I took yesterday morning.

Is it just me, or does the one on the left look like a hairy Yoda?

He actually looks more like Chewbacca..
see here: http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q10/slowfaller/?action=view¤t=S7300066.jpg
compare to
http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//2003/images/chewbacca.lg.jpg

Iwent through some growing pains with my dog but He's all good now.

My dog is now reverting to that behavior, now that she's almost 15 years old. [:/] She's an outdoor dog, except when I'm home and up. She goes out at night, but when she's in I don't always catch her in time anymore. :|

Just decided to count the blessings of her being with me still. She's a sweetheart and if this is her only vice it'll have to slide. She's one of the best dogs I've ever owned. Had her since she was only 10 weeks old.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Woke up to take my daughter to school and found more dookie in a corner[:/][:/][:/]

He is a really good dog (except for last night). He got into the garbage earlier in the day and got a couple of bites of thai food before I could catch him. I think that gave him the squirts, luckily there wasn't much messy stuff in the garbage he tore apart, mostly just papers.

I'll have to post a pic later when I can figure out how to get pics off of my treo.

....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

When a dog gets into the trash, their gut gets a bacterial over growth, and the only way to treat that is with meds (Metronidazole).

Take some of the fecal to your vet and let them have a look at it.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Please tell us you're not going to post pics of the dog dookie!:P

I dunno about dog dookies, but posts of human dookies usually gets moved to the recycle bin, and if you're a big enough offender, you get a nice vacation out of it too. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Please tell us you're not going to post pics of the dog dookie!:P

I meant of my dog:S I was kind of tired when I wrote that.:|

:D:D:D

I once bought my x-girlfriend 5 pairs of new shoes....it was the first time I let my boxer stay out of his cage and it was only 20 minutes, when I came back, he had killed the right shoe of each pair!!!!! No Shit!!!!!! I still cannot believe how brilliant that was for him to figure out and he was so proud of himself!:D:D:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

:D:D:D

I once bought my x-girlfriend 5 pairs of new shoes....it was the first time I let my boxer stay out of his cage and it was only 20 minutes, when I came back, he had killed the right shoe of each pair!!!!! No Shit!!!!!! I still cannot believe how brilliant that was for him to figure out and he was so proud of himself!:D:D:D:D:D

Yes they are! B|B|

I inherited Herc when he was about a year and a half old. He was always in his crate during the day. So I did the same thing.

About 6 months later, I felt sorry for him not being able to walk around, stretch, enjoy the sunshine. And since I'd removed all the carpet from my main floor, the worst he could do is pee on the lino in the kitchen, or on the hardwood in the living room.

Yeah, the first few months I came home to little "surprises" on the floor. But he NEVER hit the area rugs. Only the hard surfaces. And I never got mad at him for it. When you gotta go, you gotta go! I'd walk into the house and say the same thing I say now ....

"Hey, baby - were you a good boy today?"

His head and tail would tell the story. If the head came down and the tail went down, he'd had an accident. If the head came up and the tail wagged, it was a good day.

Took about 3 months. Since then (4 years later) he's had the odd accident but only when he wasn't feeling well and got into something he shouldn't have ... like half a 6lb bag of cat food. I should know better than to leave that laying around.

:ph34r::ph34r:

But he's never chewed on anything of mine.

Balls, chock it up to him being a dog. And that he wants to be good but it's really hard when there are so many cool smells and stuff!

B|
'Shell