leroydb

HAM Radio

its my husbands - technically becuase of my pacemaker/defibrillator, I'm not allowed to use a radio becuase of interferance problems with the radio and it. I'm saving up some $$ (for skydiving and this) to get a radio (with a 2' external mic) that will allow me to use it (I have to be 2' away from the radio). In the meantime I study cw and other stuff with my husband. We have 4 HTs at the moment - which I can't use :S

Jen D.
Arianna Frances

CB...Dude, I used to get skip all the way from Texas (to NC) almost every night (in my truck) 500 watt linear amp and dual firesticks, upper and lowers, etc....lovely, albeit illegal. I was the typical redneck juvenile delinquent with a big truck, echo mike and a "roger beep." I would talk right over the top of anyone in a ten mile radius and scramble TV signals at will. What a jackass, huh? That said, we used to have a set of stacked Moonraker IV's (log periodic) on a 75 foot mast and rotor at our house. Incredible fun talking to people all over the world.

Hey how's it going. I saw your post on DZ.com and will try to CQ you via IRLP. I'm KD7ZNE in Albuquerque New Mexico the node # here is 3797. It has been down for the past couple of days but, I'll give ya a shout as soon as it's back up.

Yikes - that's a blast from the past. :) But the bright side is that I've got a nifty little FT-817 (plus an RM Italy HLA-150 for HF) :)
The only IRLP node that's within earshot of me at the moment is VK3RMH which is node #6350 which pops out on 6m and 70cm. The repeater's up at the moment but I don't know about IRLP. Give it a shout and we'll see how it goes. Unfortunately I can't give you a shout because I don't have a means of generating DTMF tones apart from the mobile 'phone and that's not loud enough - dammit. :(

I dunno what category your licence is ( no code tech ??? ) but you'll need 6m and 70cm privileges for that node (6350) because that's where it transmits. :)
Ooroo
Mark F...

We have had trouble with folks in the city=1 every 3 months. Folks want to reach P.R. by HAM.
Evidently high enough output (exceeding fcc regs) causes trouble with neighbors phone lines.
I go out to check the trouble, find all physical possiblities OK but, still strong interference.
(and the antennae within 3 houses of the trouble location).
In 15 years as a Phone tech, have I encountered this in the suburbs= 1 time.

KC5TDW here. Have a 2m mobile from chicken shack, and an FT-530 and half (fried soemthing with bad DC power supply, too expensive to fix, long story) I have not keyed either one up in years, I am due to renew in 06.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

I just passed the element 2 test this weekend. Now awaiting my call sign! I have an Alinco DJ-191 to use with my Hang Glider for communication with the chase vehicle. Almost everyone in Hang Gliding is a licensed Tech just for this reason. I'll be looking for a mobile radio for my van now.
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

Anyone communicated by ham radio in freefall or under canopy? That would sure shake up some of the old geezers on the local repeater.

Mark
AF6IM
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

after awhile when I keyed down in my trk my wipers would start wiping the windshield.....:o>:(:$:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

then a lil while after pure warmuP, I would be sitten at a stop light and and key down and my trk would just DIE!!!! It was hilarious!!! Sitting about 100'-125' feet away from my neighbors house I could turn on and off their "touch lamp" in their bedroom haha he he ho ho.... Ask my Mrs. to bring me another "shot" via our TV....

After teching the entire system, i ended uP having a grounding problem... I have fixed and all is good!

Skipped from Illinois to England, Austrailia, Jamaica, all over the states and held many a long term conversations with some dudes down in Michoacahn Mexico.... It was very radical!!!

Here's a few pics of my ants... Some of you RIGnutz will FREAK! But it truely works, and after I fixed my grounding problem, I have NO adverse effects to equip or vehicle!!!

peace BLUES and 73's.....
:DD