BETO74

Which dog breed is the best? Why?

Which dog breed is the best and why give your opinion post your pic! I had several from dalmation, boxer, Pekineese, bulldog, pitbull, german sheppard, boxers, labs love them all but the one that stands out is the Boston Terrier, smart, fun very lovely dogs. whats your opinion?
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Border Collie, of course!

You met my Molly, you know why. ;)

I'm gonna have to agree with the border collie... I've owned 2 of them and would have one now if I could.
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

They are all great in their own special way. Every single of today's breeds were created for a specific purpose, to help us hunt, to protect us or our livestock, or to keep us company. It would be extremely hard to pick "THE BEST BREED". Perhaps you should look for the best breed for you, and what purpose you want it for, taking your living and working arrangements into consideration, of course, and take it from there...

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

I'm slightly biased because I have two of them but.. Pugs ROCK.

They are amazing little dogs. They have the biggest personalities. They are totally unaware of their size which is hilarious. They make great companions.. if you're having a bad day and one of the little guys comes and sits on your lap, it makes things that much better. They are a bit stubborn, but in a good way. Plus they are just plain fun to be around.

All dogs rule, though. I will forever be a dog owner.

I'm gonna have to agree with the border collie... I've owned 2 of them and would have one now if I could.

A book about studies of dog intelligence that came out a couple years ago rate the Border Collie #1, and IIRC the standard poodle was 2 or 3.

However I have seen Border Collie breeders recommend against buying them as pets, due to the instinct to herd. For example they may try to herd the family cats, and the cats won't appreciate that.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

A book about studies of dog intelligence that came out a couple years ago rate the Border Collie #1, and IIRC the standard poodle was 2 or 3.

However I have seen Border Collie breeders recommend against buying them as pets, due to the instinct to herd. For example they may try to herd the family cats, and the cats won't appreciate that.

***The best dog I ever had was a border collie. You couldn't throw a frisbee too far for him to run down, and yes he herded everything that moved, especially children, it was hilarious.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Mine didn't try to herd the cats, but they did tend to herd the neighborhood kids rather nicely... :D:D
No, they aren't always the best breed for a pet.. they need to be kept busy. Both of mine were pets, were highly intelligent, and found ways to keep themselves occupied (if you didn't do it for them). They absolutely love to work, any work... they're definitely NOT your couch potato dog!

They absolutely love to work, any work... they're definitely NOT your couch potato dog!

So how good are they at packing Zero-P?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

They absolutely love to work, any work... they're definitely NOT your couch potato dog!

So how good are they at packing Zero-P?:D

They're better at it than I am. :S:D:D:D

I have a beagle... and there's not one single thing that I could point out as a particular factor for making that breed the best.

But... she lives with her nose on the ground and seems to appreciate every nuance of smell that she finds. Watching her move around and sniff is like watching a person read the paper.

The best part of that is when she finds a really nasty smell she always looks up at me as if to say "wow, this is disgusting.... c'mon... take a whiff" ;)

Beagles are really great companion dogs.

Owned by Remi #?

A book about studies of dog intelligence that came out a couple years ago rate the Border Collie #1

Yup. I sometimes think she's smarter than I am.

Molly chases cats. She herds humans. :D

Standard Poodle.

I have to agree! Mine are toy Poodles. I LOVE the fact that they do not shed. Great fun loving dogs. Although mine have NO idea they are dogs... more like little people with fur! :)
Attached is Basil (Baz for short).

Edit for attachment..

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

Standard Poodle.

I have to agree! Mine are toy Poodles. I LOVE the fact that they do not shed. Great fun loving dogs. Although mine have NO idea they are dogs... more like little people with fur! :)
Attached is Basil (Baz for short).

What is he/she attached to? :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Boxers, duh! :D

There are lots of great dog breeds out there, but my favorite has always been the boxer dog. There are other smarter dogs out there, but nothing compares to the wiggly love of a nub-tailed, lap dog boxer.

I have had other dogs, and now that I have a boxer (which I've wanted forever) I don't think I'll ever go without having one. They're awesome all around. :)

This is my Ace:
http://www.raspydesign.com/boxer10.jpg

http://www.raspydesign.com/boxer11.jpg