virgin-burner

WEEKEND NUMBERS JUNE 7th - 8th!!

1:10:1

Due to weather only got one day of skydiving in :(

Friday at jumped at the KSUPC boogie and had a blast.

1 3 way sit with Scott and Troy
9 2 ways with Scott. Awesome jumps. 8 out of the 9 had at least 5 points.

Beer owed for my first time getting 6 points on a freefly jump (I've done that before), but we did 2 points on our head, 2 in a sit and then 2 on our belly so 6 points on 3 axis.

AWESOME!!!!!

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

:) : 4 : 1

Made three hops on a rented Spectre 190 and had already made up my mind I'd buy it.
Then I just HAD to go and demo a Storm 190, didn't I. Damn what a ride! (WL 1.1)
Even though I only got one jump on it, I am seriously doubting which chute it's going to be..
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

4 : 0 : 0

Well no jumps for me due to the damn thunderstorms and strong winds around here this weekend. >:( And I also missed going out with my friends at the dz for my birthday. :(

But still had a fun birthday with some whuffo friends. And I caught up on my movie watching during the storm.

Fingers crossed for better weather next weekend!!

p.s. Grannyinthesky -- :D for your first cutaway! Glad to hear it went fine. Sounds like you had quite a few firsts this weekend. :)

"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

:):9:Can't count that high.

Although I only did 9 jumps, I got a shit load accomplished. First helicopter, first balloon, first time in an otter, first time in a casa, SCR, PMS, Rodriguez Brothers, and several other fun jumps.

I had a blast. Probably would've gotten more jumps in if it weren't for the heat exhaustion I got Thursday. Never did feel quite right the rest of the weekend. But I pushed though as best I could and had a wonderful time. I'm definitely going back next year.

421.81:19:1

Skyfest what can I say

3 Pink Mafia Initiations....6 new Pink Mafia Sisters..Welcome to you all.

10 Speed dives 3 of them bettering my own Personal Best with the new mark set at 421.81KPH offically.

1 SCR jump and video....that will never be seen again...due to all the industrial haze.

5 just down right fun jumps with good people

What can I say.. a great time was had... but I am READY to get on the plane back to a 52 degree Seattle.....twice that temp is just too brutal on my tired ole decrepit body

4:0:0

Nix, nada, bupkiss. Freakin' Kansas weather. Forcast said Peggs boogie probably was not going to fly and I just couldn't see driving 2 hours at almost $5/gal just to shake hands with Jimmy Coiner--Midwest FF Legend.

Nothing against Mr. Coiner but bowling just ain't my thing.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

:)
11 B.A.S.E. jumps from the Perrine bridge in Twin Falls, ID. It was windy and I'm tired and sore from all the hiking and some not so graceful landings, but it was a great time. On Sunday I stopped by Davis on my way home and had a nice 2.5 minute solo sunset wingsuit flight to end the weekend.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

:|:1:1

Supposed to have gotten in balloon jumps this weekend but mother nature had other things in mind. Did manage a two way with Jen Sharp, my FIRST jump with another sky sister! She is definitely an amazing female mentor with her little 105 lb flying skills and aff/tandem ratings B| Ive determined we need more girls in the sky, lots more... especially at my dz ;)

hey my friend, glad to see you jumping sounds fun!
the skiing is over now for a while I presume ;)

My buddy had a weekend where he did his check out jump with a 270, went to a 210 and down to a 190 by the end of the weekend. He didn't really plan on the 190 but decided to try it out (scary stuff).
He loves the 190!
go figure B|

Let me know what your up to.....'
lets catch up :ph34r:

To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

seriously though the only weekend numbers that I can offer is my DZ did 42 FJC students, 50 tandems, n 270 dives in a day, (this was not a 'special day' as in a boogie, but just a day we got really busy!)....
this is pretty huge for our DZ since we have been a one 182 or a 206 DZ up to a 2 plane including a Grand Caravan, so the folks are coming from everywhere!!! to fly the skies at PST.

For me, it was my first time going back into tandem with a goal in mind... a goal to reach.... after my failed AFF attempt.
We did do a couple of 'fun jumps' since, (like the 8 way that was a great surprise, a super thing i will never forget)but now I am back in the skies with the purpose of learning something, becoming better at my FF skills so I could hopefully fly again, and learning better canopy skills so I will become good at accuracy.
I think tandem accuracy should be a possible place to compete, for people with disabilities that hinder them from becoming solo divers. Perhaps there is a way to ensure that the tandem masters toggles are not utilized for canopy control (but ofcourse are available for use if need be to avoid emergency situation... maybe some kind of electrical sensor on their toggles to sense a certain amount of pressure to being the ;'cut off; point at which it is considered to be steering/riding the canopy).

coming back to start learning again, doing 2 dives...
so that's my personal 'numbers' for the weekend.
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

hello . do newbies get to post here after the 1st jump? mine will be this weekend or next i hope. if ones for number of jumps. what are the other two numbers for?
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

[:/]:3:0

Drove 600 miles for skyfest... spent all my damn money on gas and only got 3 falls. Still had a great time... Glad to see the SCR numbers went back up.:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Unless it was a FIRST hump.
The beer rules can be adapted.

Then again, let's not go there... :D

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

EDIT... Sorry, I can't count!!! I went back on my log book and discovered 12 jumps during Skyfest . I think I was trying to count tickets but the FREE jumps kept throwing me off! :ph34r::ph34r::P

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!