Butters

What is your favorite Pink Floyd song?

Several species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave, and Grooving with a Pict.

I wonder how many people have actually heard that song ... if you haven't, you should.

I used to have a tape with that on it, but most of my tapes are useless now. It's a cool song, but probably not my favorite. It wins for the best title though. :P

It's hard to pick a favorite Pink Floyd song. Too many to choose from. Great Gig in the Sky, Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Wish You Were Here... Those are probably my favorite three, but I have a special attachment to the whole Wall album as well, especially Nobody Home, One of My Turns, Comfortably Numb . . .

Is it just me or does anybody else feel like commiting suicide when they hear ANY song by pink floyd?

Pink Floyd and suicide? No...it makes me kind of mellow and introspective. Now throw on some Cher, bubblegum pop, or pop-country music...and I'll start looking for a rope...

I have no "favorite" Floyd song. How can any Floyd-oid have a favorite!?!

Echoes, Several Species, Bike, Wish You Were Here (the whole album). Sid Barrett was a genius. IMHO, Pink Floyd ceased to exist after The Wall.

Saw them live twice: Dark Side in 1974, The Wall in 1980. Been a fan since 1971.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Is it just me or does anybody else feel like commiting suicide when they hear ANY song by pink floyd?

I personally think they are the most depressing band ever and because of that I think they are one of the worst bands ever.

then again, just my opinion ;)

You can have your opinion. However, didn't your mother ever tell you, "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all (unless you're in Speakers Corner)".
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Umm ... ahh ... hmm ... I don't know, just pick one and I promise I won't do anything to you if you change your mind later.

Echoes, Several Species, Bike, Wish You Were Here (the whole album). Sid Barrett was a genius. IMHO, Pink Floyd ceased to exist after The Wall.

I think Syd Barret was inspirational but the rest of Pink Floyd (Nick Mason, David Gilmour, Roger Waters and Richard Wright) was talented (after all, Syd Barret was only the lead singer for The Piper at the Gates of Dawn).

Saw them live twice: Dark Side in 1974, The Wall in 1980. Been a fan since 1971.

You lucky son of a gun ... I've never seen them live. [:/]
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

When I was ten I got a mono tape recorder and some blank tapes for Christmas. A friend's older brother recorded Dark side of the Moon on one for me. It was the first piece of music I ever owned.

When I was ten I got a mono tape recorder and some blank tapes for Christmas. A friend's older brother recorded Dark side of the Moon on one for me. It was the first piece of music I ever owned.

First, shame on me for calling Syd "Sid." It was late, & I wasn't under the influence. That's my story & I'm sticking to it! :ph34r:

Second, how about "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" from Atom Heart Mother. My mother even has her own copy of that album! :S
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.