pilotdave

Ever weighed your rig?

10 kg (22 lbs), I needed to weigh it last week for hand luggage allowance ;)

Pilot 124, Transfair 128, Atom34 00, Cypres, BirdMan S3S wingsuit, the backpack it was in, some candy and my travel docs. Minus the hookknives of course ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I weighed it to compare it to a demo:

Javelin J1 A14, Pilot 150, PDR 143, Cypres and a pull up cord = 20 lbs

no wonder my back hurts [:/]

Old timer rant on

Oh your poor aching back!:S:P>:( My first rig weighted in right at 50 lbs! Yes fifty! Security crossbow rig, crossbow reserve and PC in a cotton sleeve. It even had a waist band that functioned like a hip belt on a back pack! One guy borrowed it for a water demo, got on his back, and was like a turtle fighting to get back belly to earth. I think my jumpsuit weighed another 10! Of course add on the boots and motorcycle helmet.B| .........

And I had to carry it 3 miles uphill both directions through the snow to the DZ.;):P

Old timer rant off

My current one is about 23.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Old timer rant on

Oh your poor aching back!:S:P>:( My first rig weighted in right at 50 lbs! Yes fifty! Security crossbow rig, crossbow reserve and PC in a cotton sleeve. It even had a waist band that functioned like a hip belt on a back pack! One guy borrowed it for a water demo, got on his back, and was like a turtle fighting to get back belly to earth. I think my jumpsuit weighed another 10! Of course add on the boots and motorcycle helmet.B| .........

And I had to carry it 3 miles uphill both directions through the snow to the DZ.;):P

Old timer rant off

Well, I ran YEP RAN to the plane on Saturday wearing my tandem rig - 38lbs...........
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Well, I ran YEP RAN to the plane on Saturday wearing my tandem rig - 38lbs...........
Sid,

Gee, was that a racer Tandem or a Sigma without it's main?:P
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Oh ya, i weigh mine all the time (for CRW).

Dolphin D-2, 126 lightning, 170 Tempo Reserve = 20 pounds

clothing/hookknives/helmet (other accessories) = 2 pounds

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

My first rig weighted in right at 50 lbs! Yes fifty!

Ah the advantages of being smaller :ph34r:. Mine had a Starlite main and a 24' reserve in a Starlite container. With a bag instead of a sleeve, it probably weighed no more than about 30-35 lbs. Positively comfortable as compared with the military surplus gear I jumped before that :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Vector 3
Safire 2 149
Smart 150
Cypress

roughly 25 lbs.

That sounds a wee bit much.
I've got a Vector 3 (M308)
Stiletto 135
PD 126R
Cypres2
and mine weighs in at 8kg (17.6lb), I didn't think there would be 7+ pounds different
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That's what I was thinking after reading some of the other posts but I just checked it, its actually 24 lbs.

Unless! My scale is messed up which means I'm a whole 5 lbs. lighter than I thought - this is great!

Most bathroom scales aren't very accurate at such a low weight. You will get a better measurement by putting your rig over your shoulders, getting on the scale, then putting the rig down and measuring just yourself and taking the difference.

My rig (Vector 3, Vengeance 135, Tempo 170, no AAD) weighs about 19 lbs.

That's what I was thinking after reading some of the other posts but I just checked it, its actually 24 lbs.

Unless! My scale is messed up which means I'm a whole 5 lbs. lighter than I thought - this is great!

Most bathroom scales aren't very accurate at such a low weight. You will get a better measurement by putting your rig over your shoulders, getting on the scale, then putting the rig down and measuring just yourself and taking the difference.

That's what I did :S. I'm thinking my scale, about 12 yrs. old, needs to be retired. PLUS, I will be one happy girly when I get on a new scale & that baby and it tells me I'm 5lbs. lighter than I thought :)

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix