windcatcher

How old is too old to wear mini-skirts?

Doesn't really matter. If your legs are nice feel free to show them. That should be the factor, not age. In all reality what matters is how you think you look. On the flip side of the argument I've seen .. shall we say.. .. women wearing spandex that should not of been ( and probably thought they looked good ). It is all a matter of personal choice. Never make choices based on what others think.
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

I have a belly piercing. I wonder if I'm too old for that too. :ph34r:

Absolutely NOT! That would make too old, too.;)
I really am glad to be in my 40s. More self aware and secure.

MickyD - with your personality you can get away with anything, and of course those beautiful shoes on the end of your gorgeous legs certainly help ;)
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

You're fine. It doesn't matter what they say. ;)

I'm 40 and I wear them all the time. In the summer it's the denim mini with flip flops and a cool, form fitting tshirt... sometimes even the Uggs if I'm walking down to check my mail (my poor neighbors!!)

My favorite fall/winter outfit is a denim mini with my knee high black boots or brown boots and a tight turtleneck sweater. Sometimes I'll wear dark opaque tights, other times bare legs. It's all in the mindset. When you know you look hot and feel good about it, it totaly shows!!

Now go show those little girls how a real woman rocks the mini !!!

Always be kinder than you feel.

I really am glad to be in my 40s. More self aware and secure.

But I don't want to see you in a mini skirt

mini skirts are my style, but give me some nice lingerie and I'm all yours big boy :D
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Maybe she just rolled her eyes because it was her young step-mom, and not because of what she was wearing. :ph34r: I just don't want to be the one people look at go, "what the hell was she thinking wearing THAT?" I am a mommy, so I do care some. :| I don't want to come across as the inappropriately-underdressed wild, skydiving mother at the PTA. >:(

Okay here's the pic.

Oh for Pete's sake Sarah, you look just great. I'm old enough to remember Twiggy and the sixties, so I don't really consider that to be a true miniskirt, unless you take the jr. high school definition of "3 in. above the knee"....

Your stepdaughter is just getting to the age where she'd be mortified to be seen within 100 yards of you at the mall anyway, so that's really what's going on. Don't worry.

Besides, as a skydiver, you're covered under the "Oh yeah ? Sez you !" exemption....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Maybe she just rolled her eyes because it was her young step-mom, and not because of what she was wearing. :ph34r: I just don't want to be the one people look at go, "what the hell was she thinking wearing THAT?" I am a mommy, so I do care some. :| I don't want to come across as the inappropriately-underdressed wild, skydiving mother at the PTA. >:(

Wait, I see the problem here. She was rolling her eyes because you're wearing a black shirt with brown boots! Switch the boots or the top, and problem solved! ;)

Just kidding, you look young and fabulous...but of course, you are young and fabulous.
16 year-olds are just a major pain in the ass sometimes.:)

A mini-skirt looks bad when it looks like it is a protective blanket being used to move a piano.
Age isn't as much a factor as content.

However, when someone thinks that the "almost there" look isn't enough, and goes the leopard-skin route... that's a clue.

There is a faux-country bar in Tampa that has a long bar down one side. At the far end is "desperation corner". I remember looking down there and thinking, "That leopard must have been huge..."

:ph34r: