dynamicedge

You're on a commercial flight....

...and the pilot gets on the PA and announces that the plane is going down and everyone should assume the emergency position. There is catastrophic failure on the plane and you can safely assume the aircraft is going to burst into flames upon impact. You also have your rig with you in the cabin. Assuming you don't have any loved ones with you, do you...?

Edit:

Assuming you are physically able to fight everyone off and pop open the emergency exit door and jump...

The main problem is if you did manage to jump, (I'd say you could pop one the emergency exit row hatches below 5000-feet or so). And you lived and everyone else died (which per your example they were all going to do anyway) they would, I guarantee, blame everyone's death on you . . .

NickD :)

The main problem is if you did manage to jump, (I'd say you could pop one the emergency exit row hatches below 5000-feet or so). And you lived and everyone else died (which per your example they were all going to do anyway) they would, I guarantee, blame everyone's death on you . . .

I have to agree with you on this

'Course, if the options are:

1. Death
2. Life and many people hate me for something that wasn't my fault.

I think I'd pick 2 . . . Unless option 2 ended up with me in a prison cell for life with a guy named Bubba. Then maybe 1 would be better.

it would require an emergency that caused the cabin to decompress so that you could open the door first of all. or if a hole was ripped in the fuselage, like a wing tearing off part of the plane, then you would be able to get out the hole.

I assume what you guys mean is that everyone would think you sabotaged the plane to make something happen. That I would be afraid of, but you could always just go into hiding for a few years while the FAA does its investigation that will eventually clear you.

When this subject comes up, I always think back to when the fuselage ripped off on that Hawaii flight 20 years ago .

"Excuse me, Mam, could you please find the most attractive, lightest young lady on the plane who wishes to leave you fuckers to your doom? Yeah, thanks!"

;)

Yeah but just imagine, Nick...you could start a whole new life over again. Figure out a way to collect on the insurance $$, live in the tropics, and enjoy being "dead."

When this subject comes up, I always think back to when the fuselage ripped off on that Hawaii flight 20 years ago .

"Excuse me, Mam, could you please find the most attractive, lightest young lady on the plane who wishes to leave you fuckers to your doom? Yeah, thanks!"

;)

That's what I always said I would do. As soon as I step on the plane look around till I see the hottest chick on the plane and be like, "if this plane goes down, i'm savin' you":ph34r::D

...and the pilot gets on the PA and announces that the plane is going down and everyone should assume the emergency position. There is catastrophic failure on the plane and you can safely assume the aircraft is going to burst into flames upon impact. You also have your rig with you in the cabin. Assuming you don't have any loved ones with you, do you...?

Edit:

Assuming you are physically able to fight everyone off and pop open the emergency exit door and jump...

Depends on what type of rig. If you only have a BASE rig, you're fucked, as the FAA doesn't allow you to jump off da plane with a single parachute system.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Edit:

Depends on what type of rig. If you only have a BASE rig, you're fucked, as the FAA doesn't allow you to jump off da plane with a single parachute system.:|

I'm tellin' ya....use the life raft...:)

"Dr. Jones, NO MORE PARACHUTES!":ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You've got nothing else to do - might as well die with your rig on.

And just in case the fuselage splits open in mid-air, you're ready for a quick exit.

Apart from anything else.... it will leave the accident investigators scratching their heads!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

See that, that right there is humour:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Nice one Frenchy.:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have to agree with you on this

Well, tough shit--no one said they couldn't bring skydive rigs along too! >:(
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

Probably laugh at the irony... I've got a parachute and there's no way off the plane. How you planning to get out?

Dave

yea aircraft are pressuized and door won't open ... you'd have to be superman to open that door in flight........

Probably laugh at the irony... I've got a parachute and there's no way off the plane. How you planning to get out?

Dave

yea aircraft are pressuized and door won't open ... you'd have to be superman to open that door in flight........

In which case, you could give your rig to someone else, let him have fun on the way down, and save everyone else yourself. :)
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

Dave

Wouldn't it be easier to open the door then, since the cabin has high pressure and outside pressure is much lower?