efs4ever

Weekend Numbers Sept 20, 21 2008

Humps. Jumps. Beer Owed.

Me:

No humps. GF is not too exited about my avocation.
14 really good tandems at Sky's the Limit, Beeville, Texas. All Cessna. All good.

:D probably owed for escaping IKE with no damage 3.9 miles West of Houston, Texas.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

1:0:0

Should've been packing boxes all weekend...

Ended up drinking pretty much straight from Thursday afternoon to this morning.:D

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

-2 : -1 : 17

a sad day for my dropzone. two friends are lost, 1 jumpplane crashed but 17 skydivers are still alive..

blue skies, black death simi and fäbu! you'll be missed.. :(

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I cannot even begin to imagine what you and the other people at your DZ must going through. My thoughts are with you and your friends.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I know my previous post should go in the Blue Skies forum, but it seemed crass to simply skim over VB's post..

Back to the topic

:):4:1

4:
two three-ways with Pieter and Frits, both of which funneled thanks to me :$
One compressed exit with Alejandro which went quite okay :)One H&P from 6 to play with my canopy.

1:
FIRST jump on my brand new canopy

We proceeded to have a very nice evening once the beerlight came on eventually resulting in an amazing bonfire that necessitated us to cover up the evidence with shovels and a firehose in the morning....

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

:)
I did my 200th jump. I waited almost all day for everyone's schedules to work out for my hoop dive. Everyone made it through once. Myself and Dave made it through twice. Then I got my C-license Saturday as well! WOO HOO! :)
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

:)
3 RW on Wednesday evening; 1 with the old strobe on.

3 RW Saturday and almost got taken out by another canopy on final. >:( Missed with about 20 ft of seperation.

Got thumped with some turbulence on the 2nd jumps landing right near the peas windsock. Felt like I dropped about 10' and the canopy made a thawck sound.

Third jump was a very good 3-way but decided that was it for the weekend as I decided maybe it was time to go bowling or something on terra firma.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

1:13:0

8 tandems
2 tandem videos
1 coach jump
1 4 way RW
1 2 way sit

Good to be back in the air after 2 straight weekends of suck weather.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

B|:0:0

Although I did make almost all the Fire and EMS jobs with my local volly company. Big festival, and lots of people. I was the dork on the bike. lol

Pushed a fellow ff to the bar in a shopping cart, and as soon as we got paged out we booked to the fire house... it was good. B|

Edited to add... we never made it into the bar. Before that call.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

0:7:1
Saturday I had to work to make up for lost time due to no electricity.... so I put my 8 hrs in bright and early and made it out to the dropzone by 2:15pm!
Anyways Saturday I made 3 jumps. one CRW jump and got my first 4-stack! Yipeee! I was so tired from working all day, but that jump just made the day worth while. Thank you Travis, Robin and Brian! I made 2 more jumps on Saturday, 2 video for 4-ways.
Sunday I made 4 jumps: 2, 4-ways, a 2 pt 14-way and a 3 point 12-way. Oh and I had a slammer opening on Sunday and I am feeling it in every part of my body...
I don't want to be back at work today...