lauraliscious

I'm a homeowner!!!

Despite these hard economic times, I decided to bite the bullet and go for it...I closed on my house last night! :) I want to thank my realtor, KathleenL, for helping make the process so relatively pain-free. She rocks!

So looks like I won't be skydiving for a while, we have a lot of homeowner type stuff to do. 1st major purchase is going to be a fridge....

I'm so excited! B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I'm mostly excited for the garage....and the fact that I don't have to haul my gear bag up and down to a 2nd floor apartment every weekend!!! In fact, I don't have to haul any of my gear, including my kayak, up and down stairs at all! :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

So looks like I won't be skydiving for a while, we have a lot of homeowner type stuff to do. 1st major purchase is going to be a fridge....

lol...at least you realize that. Having your own home is great, but it sure is a drain on your time and finances.

Have fun turning your house into a home. Congrats! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

good for you! its a great time to buy. i just picked up number 6. my wife is a realtor and she double sided the deal. these are the times that the rich (real estate owners) get richer because of the excellent pricing. the fridge, get a used one...or one with a ding. we were able t get a $2000 model for $800..had a ding in the back.

Congratulations on the new home!

Check out Craigs list for the fridge!

Don't let home ownership get in the way of skydiving or you'll never get back out there. Owning a home means there is never and end to the list of chores to do. It will always be there. Make sure you still have fun every now and then.

Awesome! It's a great feeling being a home owner, however, it has it's own pains in the asses that you don't have with apartments.

Have at least 6 months worth of savings in reserve for any surprises and you should be fine!

It also helps if you and/or your fiancee are a handyman/woman around the house. ;)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Congratulations!!!!!

WRT the fridge, find out if there is a Sears outlet in your area. A lot of times they have floor models there that have a scratch or two on the sides from being moved around in the store, but once the fridge is in its little cubbyhole in the kitchen, you don't see the sides anyway, and you can get a great deal and pay hundreds less than you would otherwise. It's definitely worth a look. I got mine there and saved about $600 off the retail price.

Congratulations!!!!!

WRT the fridge, find out if there is a Sears outlet in your area. A lot of times they have floor models there that have a scratch or two on the sides from being moved around in the store, but once the fridge is in its little cubbyhole in the kitchen, you don't see the sides anyway, and you can get a great deal and pay hundreds less than you would otherwise. It's definitely worth a look. I got mine there and saved about $600 off the retail price.

Yep, that's how I got an $800 KitchenAid dishwasher for only $340. They said it had a scratch on the top of the door. I said where. There... I couldn't really see it. Fucking hell, I'll buy it. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Congratulations!!!!!

Yep, that's how I got an $800 KitchenAid dishwasher for only $340. They said it had a scratch on the top of the door. I said where. There... I couldn't really see it. Fucking hell, I'll buy it. :D

Did you get the warranty with it as well???
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Congratulations!!!!!

And, even if it is on sale or clearance, ask for an additional discount "if I buy it right now". I did that on one of Sears' stainless 3-door refrigerators -- and I actually got another 10% off the "on sale" price. I also used that when I bought a lawn mower at Sears and a few other things at Home Depot and Lowes. You usually have to ask to speak with the manager, though, since the salespeople usually don't have the authority to OK an extra discount.

Congratulations!!!!!

Did you get the warranty with it as well???

Sure did. It's still under warranty. :)