FlyingJ

Motorcycles w/ no helmets

In the U.K we've had helmet laws since around '73ish and as I've bee riding since '78 I have always worn a helmet (on the road - but not my trials bike on the beach!!) - I'd feel naked without one, to be honest.

I always wear gloves too (no legal requirement) and cringe when I see people riding without them or in inappropriate gear (Jeans, Trainers & T-shirts) - boy is that going to hurt if the slide down the road at any speed!! Our skin is a sensitive organ and can be fucked up big time by friction!!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Yes, there is. Stupid by your view, but the same line may be used for skydiving, for example. "There is not one valid argument for jumping out of an airplane." :S

I see what you are getting at, but I think you are one off. The decision to skydive is more like the decision to ride a motorcycle at all. Not wearing a helmet is a lot more like jumping with no reserve or with no alti. It's not a gurantee that it will kill you, but when the gear is available, why not use it? You can still have a blast with a helmet on -- just like wearing an alti or a reserve when you jump.

Now if only the women I have known would have quit using their thighs on my head like a nutcraker

They do that because it is obvious to them you have built up a tolerance to pepper spray.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
You may be a tool, but you're a damn funny tool.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

You might be able to build something like SPS builds for cheaper, but you better build it off of an existing title, since a Custom Construction title is a death nail now with the "new" EPA laws.[:/]

When I finally get finished building my VW I plan on stripping my Vulcan 800 down to the frame and doing the mods and changes I've been thinking about for a little while. Its a bobbed up "rat bike" and I love it, but I think its time for a major change. I don't want to get another bike, though, I love that 800, its so light, quick and full of torque.

Although I did ride a friend's bike that has the RevTech 4x4 motor in it (in 1995-ish Soft tail). Holy jesus! That bike is FAST, really really fast. Faster than any other HD I've ever ridden.

Anyways, here's a couple of pictures of my bike, although the pictures are from 3-ish years ago, but I haven't really changed anything on the bike. Its just gotten more worn and I cut up a front fender and put it on the bike (when I sold my truck and would be MC bound every day).

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Homebuilts are still very easy to title in Florida.
Receipts for all major parts (MSO's) and an odometer are pretty much the only requirements with an inspection. The last one I did the odometer was welded to the frame under the seat and it was a bicycle odometer not connected to anything...the inspector laughed when he checked it off the list...
FL reg

Sure, they're easy to title a lot of places, but you should really look into the 2007 EPA special construction laws. Its FEDERAL law that only allows 1 home built in a life time, if its not built by an existing manufacture. That's why SPS and the like have a "production bike" line.

I'm not going to cover all the details, you can google around for all the rules, but basically its a really big deal and it effects you.

In Florida, the inspector told me so long as the frame, engine, tranny, front end are from a Federally registered corp - someone providing a MSO as well, it is registered under the frame manufacturer.
The last one I did was on a Harley frame and was registered as a Harley with the VIN number that was stamped on it.
Same goes for when you buy a roller chassis kit or a frame by itself. I've seen them registered as a "SPS, Milwaukee Twin, Paughco, Donnie Smith, etc. as all of those companies are EPA registered.
And we don't do emissions testing here that would impact that either and the CARB requirement is only needed for California.
The state tells me that requirement would only apply if I built the frame myself.

I saw these guys at Daytona yesterday too...
very affordable - and I can only beat the price by a couple thou by building it myself.
Nice looking sleds too!
USA Choppers

that looks way better than the other two pics :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Actually, the name is attributed to my extra large member. If you think it is at all a reflection of my personality or who I am in general you are gravely mistaken. I am not a douchebag.

I am actually the coolest guy on my dropzone. I know all the hot chicks would agree with that.

There must be proof given when such a statement is claimed.

Post video ASAP

Actually, the name is attributed to my extra large member. If you think it is at all a reflection of my personality or who I am in general you are gravely mistaken. I am not a douchebag.

I am actually the coolest guy on my dropzone. I know all the hot chicks would agree with that.

There must be proof given when such a statement is claimed.

Post video ASAP

:D Now, Amazon...you know that any man who brags about the size of his member can not actually live up to said bragging. :D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

The state tells me that requirement would only apply if I built the frame myself.

If that's true, that would be great. Double check before you drop the $$. Everything I've read on it says exactly the opposite, though.