jjiimmyyt

Best Star Trek episode evar

Far too easy. training sim with no winnable, Kirk reprograms the sim to win. Ref'd in one of the films I think.

Wrong!
the training program/sim was the unbeatable senario! what was the Kobi ashimaru?

I'm guessing a ship then. But if you are right you are no trekkie, you are a Trekker, with all that goes along with it.

Do you jump in your Fed Uniform?:P

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

>the training program/sim was the unbeatable senario! what was the Kobi ashimaru?

The "Kobayashi Maru scenario" is an unwinnable training scenario in which a tanker (the Kobayashi Maru) sends a distress signal to the trainee's ship. Once they try to rescue the ship it is revealed as a ploy, and the trainee's ship is destroyed.

I watched a bit of DS9 and I just couldn't get into it.

I guess everybody's got their favorites and their reasons. I consider DS9 to be the Jewel In the Crown of the Star Treks. Rather than the usual roaming around and meeting the next "species of the week", the story line was confined to one section of the galaxy, and the wormhole into the next quadrant - and the beings who lived in and operated the wormhole ("the prophets"). The acting was by far the best and the story, plot, and character development were amazing. I'm so disappointed that it's never been carried any further with a movie, though I sorta dread what some film studio hacks might try to do with it...

The coolest DS9 episode was when Cisco and his son Jake built a Da Vinci looking sailing ship that sailed on solar wind, and then they sailed it to Cardassia to prove an ancient legend was really true.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

>the training program/sim was the unbeatable senario! what was the Kobi ashimaru?

The "Kobayashi Maru scenario" is an unwinnable training scenario in which a tanker (the Kobayashi Maru) sends a distress signal to the trainee's ship. Once they try to rescue the ship it is revealed as a ploy, and the trainee's ship is destroyed.

Great big fucking surprise, billvon wins the nerd off:P

It is later realised that the Borg notice the Alpha Q due to microwave emsions that have come from earth due to mobile phones ;)

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

idea ripped from Babylon 5

That was my favorite show, a true 5 year story arc with some incredibly dark views of life. The good guys at the beginning became the bad guys by the end, and some visa versa....(londo and G'Kar notably)

By the way, Rodenberry imagined Star Trek as an intersteller Wagon Train, and DS9 as an intersteller Gunsmoke....

And yea, that Mark Twain episode was cool...Whoopie Goldburg's Gynan was living in San Francisco as a friend of Twain's.....before she met Picard hundreds of years later...

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

G'Kar's journey was to me one of the most interesting, from outright warrior to almost Jesus like figure, his capacity to learn and his ability to, eventually to forgive. He realised the futily of violence and grew past it.

My all time favorite episode is a toss up between TNG's "Time's Arrow" and the appearance of the Borg due to Q's interference.

Excellent choices.
I also love to watch (and re-watch) the episode where the space probe immobilizes Picard and, in the space of 20 minutes' real time, has him mentally live out the entire remaining lifetime of a person who existed thousands of years in the past. Excellent script.

The coolest DS9 episode was when Cisco and his son Jake built a Da Vinci looking sailing ship that sailed on solar wind, and then they sailed it to Cardassia to prove an ancient legend was really true.

I'd nominate the episode where Sisco is zapped into another dimension, and only re-appears for a few moments about every 20 years through the rest of Jake's lifetime.

I love the past Earth stories they do. Don't know the name of the ep of ST: NG when Data's head is found but it introduced me to Mark Twain's writings, dont hear much about him in the UK apart from Huck Finn.

Don't remember the name, but it was a season cliffhanger as I recalled. Ended one season with part two being the first episode of the next wasn't it?

I don't know many of the episodes by name, but I've probably seen them all. The one you're talking about is "Times Arrow".

The Tribble episode of DS9 was only good because of Terry Ferrel.

"Encounter at Farpoint" is my favorite TNG episode.

My favorite Star Trek episode ever is "End Game" from Voyager.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I love the past Earth stories they do. Don't know the name of the ep of ST: NG when Data's head is found but it introduced me to Mark Twain's writings, dont hear much about him in the UK apart from Huck Finn.

Don't remember the name, but it was a season cliffhanger as I recalled. Ended one season with part two being the first episode of the next wasn't it?

Time's Arrow...you know, the episode that I said in my first post in this thread?;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I also love to watch (and re-watch) the episode where the space probe immobilizes Picard and, in the space of 20 minutes' real time, has him mentally live out the entire remaining lifetime of a person who existed thousands of years in the past. Excellent script.

Same here, that episode was another great one! I also re-watch that every time it comes on.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

>I love the past Earth stories they do.

Reminds me of an old Far Side comic. Shows a bunch of cowboys, guns drawn, in an old western town. They're staring down the cast of Star Trek. The head cowboy says "we don't cotton to folks who can't afford their own sets."

The best cliffhanger in all of television belongs to Star Trek The Next Generation. Picard has been turned into a Borg. LaForge has made a weapon that is supposed to destroy the cube. Picard as Locutus tells the Enterprise that "resistance is futile." Riker just looks at the screen and says, "Lt. Worf...FIRE!"

And the fucking season ends!! Best cliffhanger EVER! Of course, the first episode of the next season was disappointing, but still. No better cliffhanger in all of television than that.

Amok time (original series).
It's the one in which Spock enters the Pon farr, the Vulcan mating season. The episode was so gripping at the time because we were able to witness Spock displaying first irrationality and later joy. We also began to explore Vulcan society in this episode.

TNG's best is easily "Time's arrow." with hon mention to the one with the probe and Picard's life experience from the ancient dead culture.

I like the original series, you know, that episode where the security guard dies in the first half of the show....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants