Skyolker

VISO by L&B

I haven't heard from L&B on the actual realease date yet, but I trust it will be soon.

I am accepting early orders for the new L&B products also.

Suposed to ne early november
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Did anybody try this swooping device? What do you think about it?

I think it's an altitude indicator, not a swooping device :|

Having instruments to HELP improve performance is OK. But PLEASE do not do "ILS" landings...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

thanks for the update...but i certainly won't be holding my breath. when i pre-ordered mine last august, i was sure that i'd have it before march of this year....oops! :o
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

My team is getting some beta versions to test out this week. I'm pretty excited about them since we've had so many reliability problems with other digitals in the past. I'll see if I can't remember to come back and post what we think about them.
Oh, hello again!

hmmm... anyone noticed that the Viso Features on the L&B homepage have changed? there is no more swoop alarm!

VISO™ FEATURES:

* Digital Altimeter or Speed-Meter
* Electroluminescent backlight for night jumping. Can remain ON for several hours.
* Automatic calibration to local elevation LCD screen for easy and intuitive operation and information review
* Logbook with playback of altitude/speed profile for the last jump.
* Operational at sub-zero temperatures
* Always ON. No need to be powered OFF

well, the swoop alarm was the main reason i was interested in one. has anyone more info on this change? >:(

yep...i noticed after trent said as much in another thread. i haven't decided to cancel my order yet but, the alarm was something i was buying it for. not that it won't be an awesome digi alti but...
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

Realistically, you aren't going to be able to hear the audible alarm on your wrist anyway, so I don't get what people are complaining about here... Grab your favorite dytter and press the speaker to the back of your hand and set off the warning alarms... they are very muffled. Now imagine wind noise then add a helmet and some ringing in your ears from the loud-ass Skyvan you just rode to altitude in... and that tone will be really easy to miss. Stick an Optima in your helmet if you want swoop beeps. They work really well... Personally I am really looking forward to the Viso, esp if I can get a wrist mount for it. I hate hand mounts.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

hmmm... anyone noticed that the Viso Features on the L&B homepage have changed? there is no more swoop alarm!

VISO™ FEATURES:

* Digital Altimeter or Speed-Meter
* Electroluminescent backlight for night jumping. Can remain ON for several hours.
* Automatic calibration to local elevation LCD screen for easy and intuitive operation and information review
* Logbook with playback of altitude/speed profile for the last jump.
* Operational at sub-zero temperatures
* Always ON. No need to be powered OFF

well, the swoop alarm was the main reason i was interested in one. has anyone more info on this change? >:(

Confirmed by L&B by email received 3/25/2006:

The Viso will have no audible functions. The best combination is to have the Viso on the hand and an Optima in the ear. The Optima has some very nice features for Guided Swoop. See http://www.l-and-b.dk/optima.html

Best regards,
Mads Larsen
LARSEN & BRUSGAARD

---
Can't argue with him - his statement makes good sense. :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Personally I am really looking forward to the Viso, esp if I can get a wrist mount for it. I hate hand mounts.

L-&-B are working on a wrist mount for the VISO. The VISOs that Angela and I are beta testing came with hand mounts (although I mounted mine to the legstrap of my rig).

I fully agree with you that if you're looking for an audible with swoop alarms, the Optima rocks! Once the VISOs are released to the masses everyone will be agree they're well worth the wait.

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

The Altitrack was released on Friday. I don't know about the Viso. We have a test jumper for L&B at our DZ. I'll ask him next time I see him.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

I talked to Brusgaard (the B in L&B) yesterday. They are waiting for a delivery of LCD displays to show up some time this week. He said the Visos should start going out within a week or two.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...