turtlespeed

Do you have a house keeper?

Tried to convince wife to go with Possibly NSFW, as I work from home full time, but no go

From their site:

Q: Can I pleasure myself while I watch you clean?
A: What you do in your space is your business, but please respect your Jax Fantasy Maid and ask for his/her permission first. We want both of
you to feel comfortable while making this a great experience.

I need to start a business like that.

$75 every 2 weeks. 4 br, 2.5 baths. General cleaning & vacuuming. It's a luxury, but I drive a cheap car and do the vast majority of my own cooking.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

3500'+ sq ft... 3bd/3bth... 2 kids... Does ALL of the laundry, cleaning, and cooking, as well as running the kids whereever the hell the need to be that day. Costs... only a 3500' 3/3 house, a new minivan, an updated wardrobe, various shiny rock and metal thingies, and a seemingly endless spending account. My last payment was a 47" HD.

And the kicker is, I can't afford to NOT use her anymore. [:/]

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

$80 biweekly to clean vigorously. (and she does too)
She does whatever laundry is needed, and runs the dishwasher.
Changes the bed sheets, & towels if needed, etc.

I could not be happier with the job she does. The wood floors are so clean, they are slippery like glass! (that is a good and bad thing)

Oh yeah, 2Br 2bath 912 sq'
We (I) decided to enjoy each others infrequent spare time rather then spend it cleaning.
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

Not to sound condescending/critical, but I'm REALLY suprised at the number of people with housekeepers. :|

Maybe I'm cheap or maybe I don't make enough money... but I just don't see how that's necessary... unless you have multiple youngish children.

More than a sleeping bag in a pup tent and your own car aren't necessary but they sure are nice.

With working 80+ hours a week and wanting to sleep and have fun on the weekends, a house keeper makes a much bigger difference in my life than a nice cable package I rarely watch, extra bed room I don't use, newer car, etc.

We don't. There are 4 of us living in a pretty big house. We have basically 3 dedicated chores we swap off every week.

Dishes
Floors
Garbage

That's it. The owner (also a room mate) takes care of the outside so he's not part of the 3 chores. This works out better than any shared living arrangement I've been in.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto