Conundrum

Kirby vacuums

Nay to all vacuums. I ripped out the carpet of my apartment and replaced with laminate. Just a broom. I use a 30 dollar shop vac to do crevi.

I just open all the doors and use a leaf blower..... REALLY! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have one... we've had it for 2 years. We got the steam cleaning attachment and we use it for both vacuuming and steam cleaning. Appearantly the older vacs are heavier. This one we have weighs around 20 lbs and I can pick it up with one hand and take it outside to vacuum my car. I like it even though its expensive, but like everyone else says...we wont have to get another one for a long time.

My sis has one...'thought' is was the bee's knees until I got tired of her tellin' mom to spend a grand for a vacuum...

Did an experiment- sis did the living room with her Cadillac dirt sucker, then I did it with mom's 3 year old Hoover Windtunnel from walmart 120.00(?)....sis don't brag no more. :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Okay, so here should e a pretty convincing argument.

My parents owned a vacuum repair and sales shop for 15 years, worked in them for 20. DON'T BUY A KIRBY. It's an overweight, overpriced piece of shit. It works fine, but not for what you are getting sold on. Kirby's were meant to be sold by salesman waling door-to-door and would come in your house and make this miracle clean-up. It's fucking heavy, it gets old.

Advantages: Metal parts (I think they are still?). Metal doesn't break nearly as easy. 90% of vacuum repairs I saw growing up were broken fans. Plastic ones.

Now I will admit I am a few years out of the vacuum game, but when I was in it, if you wanted a metal component vaccum, you should get a Royal. They are lighter, clean better, and their fan is like 3 times the size of the fan in the Kirby.

Are you vacuuming all carpet? Remember, suction is not the primary cleaning agent of carpet-- it's brush action. Brushes get the dirt and nasty out of the carpet, suction gets it from the brush to the bag. Important, but not as much as they say.

Orek vacuums-- sooooooo shitty. That stupid demonstration of his? Any vacuum can hold a bowling ball if you let the suction build up. Don't get an Orek.

If you are willing to spend the $$ on a Kirby, DON'T!!!!!! Go buy something lighter and better. Go to a vacuum store, help those guys out, too.

Just before my parents sold the business, the vacuums to have if you wanted something like a Kirby were Royal. Other than that, we sold more Hoover Windtunnel's than I can count. We were very tight with he guys at Hoover, and they came to us o make a pretty convincing argument and demonstration when they heard we were selling Royal's over them.

Just my two cents. Don't rip yourself off by buying a Kirby. (Last I remember, Kirby's were ~$800, and the top of the line Royal was ~$500.....)
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Luggin' that heavy Kirby around... just think, of what that can do for the upper body and for perkin-up the boobs!
:D:D:D:DSNORT:D:D

Chuck,:)
I have an overpriced kirby, and I have loved it. I have a g-six. I am sure the guy with the parents with a repair shop knows his stuff, so I paid 2000 for mine, with everything. But you know, I havent seen a vortex mentioned here and they are the vaccum with a jet engine. Go check one of those out.-Caress:)

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Haven't heard from you in quite awhile! Good to do so!
If, it was me, lookin' fo a new vaccuum, I'd check-out 'Consumer's Report' and see what they have to say. It'll probably come-down to what someone likes the looks of or the heft. Me? I want a vaccuum that totally sucks!:D

Chuck

Call me crazy, but rather than collect anecdotes from a bunch of skydivers, when I need a home appliance I read the evals in Consumer Reports, and make my choice based on that.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Call me crazy, but rather than collect anecdotes from a bunch of skydivers, when I need a home appliance I read the evals in Consumer Reports, and make my choice based on that.:S

+1
By the way, the Dyson is a $600.00 piece of crap. We bought one for the office and has been nothing but a headache. Personally I would never spend that much on a vacuum cleaner so I bought a $130.00 Eureka Mighty Mite Professional canister (I hate uprights) which works beautifully on all surfaces and eats up cathair like it's going out of style.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."