micduran

US Airways plane crashes into Hudson River

This doesn't give any real information past what the title of this thread does. Here it is anyhow:

From the associated press:
NEW YORK (AP) — A US Airways plane has crashed into the Hudson River, sending passengers fleeing for safety in the frigid waters.

New York City firefighters are responding to the crash. It was not immediately clear if there were injuries.

Witness Barbara Sambriski, a researcher at The Associated Press, said, "I just thought, 'Why is it so low?' And, splash, it hit the water."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jV9WYV6yQ3vPpmH9qhG6db-zhzqQD95NQ4QO1

I am watching CNN. Impressive how quickly rescue boats go there.
Concerns now are how to open emergency doors and not flood the plane.

it looks to me in several of the videos that the doors are already open...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I am watching CNN. Impressive how quickly rescue boats go there.
Concerns now are how to open emergency doors and not flood the plane.

it looks to me in several of the videos that the doors are already open...

They already have passengers out. The TV was on CNN in the office, and they already had passengers on the phone. The doors are open, but that thing is still floating!
Remster

I make it a point to not fly french.

They are reporting that it may have been a bird strike... I'm not sure what that has to do with the manufacturer of the plane... :P

It also sounds like everyone made it out of the plane... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I'm normally a fan of Fox news above the other networks but i just had to mute the TV after hearing these two facts stated within 2 minutes of each other:

-"airplane engines are made to be able to injest 2 or 3 birds and be fine. They just spit them out the back"
-"some of these pilots are 68 and 69 years old and still flying so we're still waiting to hear how old the captain is"

Really? Come on, if fact checking is too hard about about at least using some common sense.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Is there any websites that will match a flight number to a tail number?

I am wondering if I have to call one of my clients in Ireland to tell them they lost a plane in the Hudson River!!! :o

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I heard that also. Although I do understand what he was trying to say about the engine sucking in some birds and keeps on going. I was on cleanup duty on one this week that sucked a bird in. YUCK! Imagine a bird in a blender. The age statement though was just flat wrong!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!