Mazz

ITT: Bad marketing decisions.

Skydiving/Base Jumping promotional video's set to "Let the Bodies hit the Floor"
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

ITT = In this thread.

add your own, real or imagined. The one above was imagined. Im not sure ANYBODY would actually do that.
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

Skydiving/Base Jumping promotional video's set to "Let the Bodies hit the Floor"

So this video doesn't actually exist.

What you really want is a humorous discussion with people making suggestions for things that would be bad marketing. And your one line starter message was to get the ball rolling.

You really need to learn to communicate and introduce your subject matter better. Is there an internet acronym for that?

What you really want is a humorous discussion with people making suggestions for things that would be bad marketing. And your one line starter message was to get the ball rolling.

You really need to learn to communicate and introduce your subject matter better. Is there an internet acronym for that?

Sorry being cryptic. I am an avid visitor of many internet forums, have been for years. On other forums when you start a thread titled "ITT" yada yada" it implies that people will contribute to thread with a post on the topic.

For example:
ITT: Funny cat pictures.
ITT: Women in bikini's
ITT: knock knock jokes
ITT: We talk like Yoda

The OP would start the thread off and other people would then add the the post with their own material.

Once again, I apologize for my post being so enigmatic. In the future I will be more clear or maybe not post at all.

We tend not to use "internet lingo" in our more topical forums. If you want to use terms like that you will find the Bonfire to be more appropriate for your postings. In fact if its not directly skydiving related the Bonfire is where the post should go.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

And don't forget ITT Technical Institute...thats what I thought you were talking about at first. But I will say that I've seen several tandem videos with 'let the bodies hit the floor' by drowning pool before. I dont think thats the best song to use as a drop for a jumping video, I personally think its more along the lines of 'bad luck' which is why I wont listen to it on the way out to the drop zone.

Not an acronym, but an internet definition

JohnRich - a person with the inability to understand the most simple subject matter in the original post of any thread that is not spelled out on a second grade level.

/just an observation after a compilation of forum browsing here.

No, he's just not into insider jargon, and prefers there to be enough information in a post not to have to research or extrapolate.

Yeah, it can be irritating. Then again, I didn't know that in this case, ITT was insider jargon from another forum, and figured it was a lame real ads thread, beginning with one from ITT (either Technical Institute or the company). I've been on the internet since the early 90's, but I've just been other places too. Everyone is a noob somewhere.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So, according to his post, #6 of this thread if you care to look, the thread title should look like it does above this post.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

And don't forget ITT Technical Institute...thats what I thought you were talking about at first. But I will say that I've seen several tandem videos with 'let the bodies hit the floor' by drowning pool before. I dont think thats the best song to use as a drop for a jumping video, I personally think its more along the lines of 'bad luck' which is why I wont listen to it on the way out to the drop zone.

I love that song. It gets me pumped when listening to it.
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

+1 (or QFT for the kids)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Not an acronym, but an internet definition

JohnRich - a person with the inability to understand the most simple subject matter in the original post of any thread that is not spelled out on a second grade level.

/just an observation after a compilation of forum browsing here.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=142088

The Forum Rules:

1. No personal attacks.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Sorry being cryptic. I am an avid visitor of many internet forums, have been for years. On other forums when you start a thread titled "ITT" yada yada" it implies that people will contribute to thread with a post on the topic.

I've been communicating online since before there was an internet. I used to pay by the minute to access Compuserve by phone line. And I'm not familiar with the "ITT" phrase. It may be used in some places, but it's not common here, nor in many other forums.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. :)

Yeah, it can be irritating. Then again, I didn't know that in this case, ITT was insider jargon from another forum, and figured it was a lame real ads thread, beginning with one from ITT (either Technical Institute or the company).

So you didn't know what it meant either, but you find it irritating that someone asked for an explanation?

Wouldn't you prefer to know what something means, so that you can understand the message?

Yeah, it can be irritating. Then again, I didn't know that in this case, ITT was insider jargon from another forum, and figured it was a lame real ads thread, beginning with one from ITT (either Technical Institute or the company).

So you didn't know what it meant either, but you find it irritating that someone asked for an explanation?

Wouldn't you prefer to know what something means, so that you can understand the message?

That's easy!

some·thing (smthng)
pron.
1. An undetermined or unspecified thing: "We're all recalling something, furtively seeking something" Virginia Woolf.
2. An unspecified or undetermined amount or extent: We know something about the early settlers in this area.
3. One having some or many of the same attributes, character, or essence as another: Trying to fix the computer myself was something of a mistake.
n.
1. A remarkable or important thing or person: He thinks he is something in that uniform.
2. One who falls into a specified age range. Often used in combination: fortysomethings who attended their class reunion.
adj.
Of, relating to, or being a member of a specified age range. Often used in combination: "the lives and loves of hip, twentysomething city dwellers" Joseph P. Kahn.
adv.
1. A little; somewhat: She looks something like her mother.
2. Informal To an extreme degree: He drinks something fierce.
Idiom:
something else Informal
One that is very special or quite remarkable: Her new film is something else.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Thread has officially been Hijacked! :S

Hijack: Radical departure from the thread topic.:P