airdvr

Strange things you notice

Plastic coffee cup lids at the gas station. Whenever I take one 2 always come off the stack. Now I have to touch it to seperate them. I usually just throw it away but I'm thinking "what if they guy before me touched it and put it back on the stack?" Or, I'll bet there's lots of wasted lids that get thrown away. Same with those stupid cup dispensers.

Or what about the .9 of a gallon of gas you might be giving the oil companies free? Back in the day there were dials on the pumps. You ran the dial around until it read the exact amount you wanted to pump. Now it's digital. The dollar amounts just change instantly. How do you know you're not getting shorted?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I notice people on the second (or higher) floor think no one on the street can see them. I see a lot of naked people, but never on the ground level. Not that I'm looking, and it does not matter what city/state I'm in.

If you live or have a bedroom on a higher than ground level floor, ANYONE CAN STILL SEE YOU.

See, the deal is to always take the 3rd lid in the stack, cuz the last guy touched the first lid (notice how it's always loose?), and that one touched the 2nd lid, contaminating it. So I always take the 3rd lid, and put the first 2 back in the stack. After I scratch my nose with them.

:|

Wait a minute. In doing so, I probably touch the 3rd lid. Which means the last guy did, too.
Shit.

See, the deal is to always take the 3rd lid in the stack, cuz the last guy touched the first lid (notice how it's always loose?), and that one touched the 2nd lid, contaminating it. So I always take the 3rd lid, and put the first 2 back in the stack. After I scratch my nose with them.

Wait a minute. In doing so, I probably touch the 3rd lid. Which means the last guy did, too.
Shit.

If you're that worried about it... you probably dont want to see the guys making your food with no gloves on.

Something I learned a while ago, its sometimes better to just not ask or care.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Also, when I buy something, no matter what it is (groceries, clothes, shampoo, anything) I NEVER take the one thats in front! I always reach back to the 3rd or 4th one.... But I'm a little wierd I guess! :P

I do that with food.. Supermarkets want to get rid of stuff that is about to expire, so they put the new stuff in the back and the old stuff in the front..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Also, when I buy something, no matter what it is (groceries, clothes, shampoo, anything) I NEVER take the one thats in front! I always reach back to the 3rd or 4th one.... But I'm a little wierd I guess! :P

I always move the item at the front of the shelf toward the back so it becomes the 3rd or 4th one.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

On that note, I know people that wash/rinse/dry a can of soda (or beer) before they open it up and drink it.

If I see something on the can I may blow it off or wipe it with my (dirty) shirt, but washing it is going too far in my book. I'll just take my chances.

Quoting for truth...

...I deal with this all the time...I generally won't care...but someone else always does...:S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If you're that worried about it... you probably dont want to see the guys making your food with no gloves on.

And after working in a restaurant as a kid, I learned to never, ever piss off the waitresses/waiters or cooks in a restaurant.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Plastic coffee cup lids at the gas station. Whenever I take one 2 always come off the stack. Now I have to touch it to seperate them. I usually just throw it away but I'm thinking "what if they guy before me touched it and put it back on the stack?"

Uh-huh. And now think about that public bathroom at the same convenience store, and all the people that hold their dick while urinating, and don't wash up afterwards.

Now figure out how to get out of that bathroom without touching that doorknob that has the dick germs from a thousand other men on it...

Just before grabbing a cup of coffee on their way out!

Plastic coffee cup lids at the gas station. Whenever I take one 2 always come off the stack. Now I have to touch it to seperate them. I usually just throw it away but I'm thinking "what if they guy before me touched it and put it back on the stack?"

Uh-huh. And now think about that public bathroom at the same convenience store, and all the people that hold their dick while urinating, and don't wash up afterwards.

Now figure out how to get out of that bathroom without touching that doorknob that has the dick germs from a thousand other men on it...

Use the paper towel you dried your hands off with and then throw it away after leaving the restroom.

If they only have blow dryers, use toilet paper or an ass gasket.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

That's easy. I usually get a paper towel or wad of toilet paper off the roll and use that to insulate my hands from the handles when I leave, and since the waste basket is usually right there by the door, it's academic.

Not long ago I was in a bathroom that had a special handle that you simply hook with your fore arm to open the door. That was cool.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I notice people on the second (or higher) floor think no one on the street can see them. I see a lot of naked people, but never on the ground level. Not that I'm looking, and it does not matter what city/state I'm in.

If you live or have a bedroom on a higher than ground level floor, ANYONE CAN STILL SEE YOU.

ONLY IF YOU ARE LOOKING!:D;););)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Use the paper towel you dried your hands off with and then throw it away after leaving the restroom.

A what?
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

A what?

Ass gasket is referred to those disposable wax paper like sheets with the middle cut out to lay down on the toilet before you sit down. Not all bathrooms have them. I just use toilet paper, maybe 3 feet long strips folded in half and laid down, one on each side.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

But if you are on a hill, they are really at eye level. If i do see someone naked in a window do I look next time? Sure, if it was worth it the first time. I don't hide in the bushes or stop walking.

wave at them. then they know they aren't invisible. :D
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

That's easy. I usually get a paper towel or wad of toilet paper off the roll and use that to insulate my hands from the handles

Instead of wasting paper, why don't you just use the paper towels that you had folded under your knees?
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

That's easy. I usually get a paper towel or wad of toilet paper off the roll and use that to insulate my hands from the handles

Instead of wasting paper, why don't you just use the paper towels that you had folded under your knees?

That is what he wipes his mouth with.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun