Radiance

Personal Pet Peeves

What are yours? Mine - when someone posts a new thread and misspells a word in the title. I'm not sure why I find that so annoying, but I do. Guess I'm just a dork that way. :D

Also, when someone (mis)uses the phrase "Nip it in the butt"....
We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

The people who sit there and keep swiping their credit cards at the card readers on the counter of cash wraps even after telling them that the machine is not ready. And then they say "these are all so different."

If you take 2 secs to read it-it usually tells you when it's ready!

When people litter! Especially when they throw things out of the car window or into ocean. My other pet peeve is when people stand in the middle of walk way in a public place for 20 minutes talking to someone they just happened to run into. They don't move to the side to continue their conversation, they stand smack in the middle of the walk way with their strollers and their kids run circles around them while everyone else struggles to get around them. It's so rude!

People who walk slowly. Especially when in groups. Especially when they BLOCK THE FUCKING WAY.

AARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! *Some* of us are actually *going* somewhere!! >:(

Sorry.. :$ This really makes my blood boil..

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Proprietary format attachments (e.g. .doc, .docx, .mht, etc.) (often, but not necessarily MS formats)

Professors who assume everyone has/uses Windows

Professors who insist on using expensive, proprietary software when free, similarly/equally/more powerful open source alternatives are readily available (e.g. $8500 SAS versus $0 R)

Website designers the write code to specific browsers instead of to standards, especially when they won't work using a different browser with the same rendering engine (e.g. WebKit) as a supported browser

WinGeeks (not to be confused with real geeks who include Windows among the operating systems in which they are fluent), because when the only tool one has is a hammer, everything looks like a nail

Drivers who don't look right prior to turning right on red or turning right out of a parking lot

People who don't know what the word theory means, w/r/t science, but claim to know more about biology, cosmology, and climatology than scientists who have spent their entire careers doing research in those subjects

People who find the spot most likely to bottleneck foot traffic and then stop there to carry on a conversation

Most drunk people (A very small proportion of people can be entertaining, or at least tolerable, when they are drunk; the rest are just annoying.)
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

People who scoff at skydiving safety.

People too cheap or too lazy to read the SIM.

People with no common sense.

Dog owners who don't clean up behind their dog.

People who don't clean up behind themselves.

Borrowers who don't return the borrowed item.

Arrogant assholes who love to use the word "ignorant" when they have no clue whatsoever.

Arrogant assholes who don't know the difference between ignorant and stupid.

Arrogant assholes.

Oh hell, this thread got me started.
>:(

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

People who drive slow in the fast lane and wont move over.

When people stand in the middle of the moving walkways and wont let people pass. Guess the fuckers cant read "stand right, walk left"

People who come to the airport in there pajamas. What the fuck? Put some damn clothes on!

A warm beer from a bar.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

This asshole next to me now just brought up another one!

People who don't know how to chew with your mouth closed and smacks his food when he's eating. You dont have to sound like a cow while your shoveling the 3 dounuts down your fats ass mouth!

Groc stores....

When I am in a store shopping and other people see you are trying to get by them, yet they stand in the middle of the isle with their cart and or fat ass so you can't get by. Its like being in the fast lane on the freeway and having someone going 55. I am a fast shopper and like to get in and out in a timely manor. I don't like having to get in the cart derby mood just to navigate from one side of the store to the other.

How hard is it for people to actually put their cart in the cart area instead of letting it hit and scratch my car? Every ding and dent in my car are from other people in parking lots and their carts.

I think those are this weeks pet peeves....:D

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Every ding and dent in my car are from other people in parking lots and their carts.

Oh man I am sooooo pissed about the cart that hit my Maxima. Or I should say my wifes Maxima. She comes home from the store with the look and I asked her whats the problem. A cart got slammed into the side and dented it and scratched the hell out of it.

How hard is it for people to actually put their cart in the cart area instead of letting it hit and scratch my car? Every ding and dent in my car are from other people in parking lots and their carts.

Did I send you a Facebook group invite to this? http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=49551374543
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

The people who sit there and keep swiping their credit cards at the card readers on the counter of cash wraps even after telling them that the machine is not ready. And then they say "these are all so different."

If you take 2 secs to read it-it usually tells you when it's ready!

On the other hand, the counter assistant who insists on giving you verbal instructions while you're using the reader. "Please put your card in." "Please enter your PIN." Yes, I can read and I'm DOING IT, dammit!

And when you're paying cash, the way assistants like to put the receipt on your hand and then drop your change onto it so it skates off in every direction. I can understand how if you're working in a shop all day you don't want to keep touching your customers, but still.

Bad table manners +1

Smoking where it's not allowed.
The government in it's infinite lack of wisdom has imposed a ban on smoking inside bars.
I'm a non-smoker but aginst this.

So are smokers. Rather than go have a smoke outside in the cold, people still smoke inside, but leave the door open 'so the inspection won't smell anything'.
If you're too lazy to go outside, there's no reason you should bring the outside with you so that I as a non-smoker have freeze my butt off!
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Speaking of grocery stores - or department stores for that matter. When your credit or debit card's magnetic strip isn't working. The cashier will swipe it forwards and backwards 17 times. Then they will take out a plastic bag and put it over the card in an effort for the card to be read. They try to swipe it for 5 minutes before manually entering the numbers. It seems like they will put forth a ton of effort to get it to swipe rather than just try once and punch in the digits.

Grrrrr.... Does this only happen to me?!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Mine is similar to yours except when I'm trying to merge on the freeway and the speed limit is 65 mph and the jackass in front of me is going 35 mph and constantly hitting their brakes while merging onto a lane that is protected. Get the fuck out of my way!